It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Live Woolly Mammoth From 1943?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Is this the real deal? Looks pretty good! Check it out!

After the conclusion of the WW2 Battle of Stalingrad, Nazi Party member and official photographer for the NSDAP, Holger Hildebrand, was captured by the Red Army at the Battle of Stalingrad. He and thousands of other Wehrmacht soldiers were later sent on a death march towards Siberia; this mammoth footage is understood to have been taken during that journey. (Hildebrand is believed to have died a prisoner of war at a Soviet forced labor camp in late 1945. His Granddaughter later came into possession of the footage when his belongings were repatriated to Germany from Russia decades after his death.)

More here: muldersworld.com...

A Live Woolly Mammoth From 1943?

Posted Wednesday, September 04, 2013

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
wow!! just wow!!
that blew me away!!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That's cool. It's like they shaved my back and glued my hair onto an Elephant.

All kidding aside, I'm not so sure this was actually a live Mammoth. Perhaps a hoax, I don't know.

ETA: It sure looks like the read deal.
edit on 4-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

The music makes it worth it any ways. I couldn't say if it's real or not, but It is such a cool idea that there may be mammoths out there still.

Cool find!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The Humped Skull looks Exactly like a Woolly Mammoths along with the Tusks . If that is Fake , it sure is a Good One !

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

The Humped Skull looks Exactly like a Woolly Mammoths along with the Tusks . If that is Fake , it sure is a Good One !

Yeah, tell me about it! I thought the same thing!! I said, crap!! I gotta post this on ATS!!

I watched it a few times...and thought...damn that is a good one!!

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My very first thought is that the idea a German POW would be allowed not only to keep his camera but, stop to film a mammoth while on death march to a camp is beyond far feched. Then I read what the You Tube channel this is on says

***Friends, most content shown is either manufactured or altered or exaggerated. Yes, this is essentially an entertainment and comedy channel -- and we sincerely hope you appreciate that and enjoy the experience!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm calling hoax on this, why would a POW be carrying a camera on a death march, to get pics and film of the view?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Please for the love of all that is good and holy just don't debunk this one at all.
Don't even try.

We will clone Mammoths eventually anyway, so whats the harm in letting a few people believe they were still around in the 40's?

Outside of that though, this actually reminds me of some of the footage taken from Antarctica in that time period. The name escapes me for the moment, but it was essentially some film shot from the air by an Allied? explorer.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Intriguing video, but Im going to have to call hoax.

From the uploaders youtube description:

***Friends, most content shown is either manufactured or altered or exaggerated. Yes, this is essentially an entertainment and comedy channel -- and we sincerely hope you appreciate that and enjoy the experience!

(In case anyone is offended, let me assure you that 105.72% of all videos in this particular genre are either beat-ups, hoaxes or fakes. We're simply being honest, and should probably be applauded, or, at the very least, subscribed to. Many thanks again!)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Damn Ats! You just gotta keep crushing my dreams don't ya?

Do not apply logic to it! It is just a Mammoth, let it be a Mammoth!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
wow! they had pretty good cgi in 1943.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

i agree,
sure looks like a Mammoth
edit on 4-9-2013 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Damn Ats! You just gotta keep crushing my dreams don't ya?

Do not apply logic to it! It is just a Mammoth, let it be a Mammoth!

Here, check this out also...you never know...

The Siberian Taiga is the largest forest in the world at almost 3 million square miles. It is scarcely populated and very remote, and video aside, reports of large “hairy elephants” emanate out of Siberia from time to time. One of the more credible stories dates to 1918 when a Russian hunter came upon huge tracks that he could not identify. Intrigued, he decided to follow them, and deeper in the forest he went. For days he followed these large unusual tracks and a considerable amount of dung, until he arrived at a clearing where he could finally observe the animals responsible for the tracks. There were two of them. He had seen elephants in photographs and that is what they looked like to him; even though he had not imagined them so big, he would later admit. He described two big white curved tusks and a dark body with long chestnut color covered hair. The hunter told his story in 1920 to M.L Gallon, in charge of the French Consulate in Vladivostok. Gallon when he later recounted the tale found it amusing that the hunter did not know what a mammoth was, and simply stated that he saw two hairy elephants. Local tradition dating back to the 1500′s call the animal “the mountain of meat”.

source: barrytaff.net...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Cool. Love the epic music. Very fitting if it actually was real!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Looks more like a mammoth than an elephant to me. I've only seen what science thinks a mammoth looked like though. It looks like it has a short stubby tail.

I doubt if there are any left anymore, they would have made good target practice for Russian fighter pilots.

edit on 4-9-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Concerning the disclaimer on the YouTube uploader's page, I believe that is a blanket statement about his channel in general, not about this particular video per se.

I have only this to add: Either this video was not made in 1943 but much more recently and is VERY good CGI -OR- this video was shot in 1943 and is real. There is no in-between. I don't believe this could be 1943 CGI technology, period.
edit on 4-9-2013 by 59demon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Looks pretty darn real to me. Movements look natural and to scale. Quality of recording is of course not great but I can see the shine on the animal's coat. I think Asia is plenty big enough to hide things like this from us.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I'm calling hoax on this, why would a POW be carrying a camera on a death march, to get pics and film of the view?

When you're on a death march, you're not always told you're on a death march. Did they strip the prisoners naked and walk them into Siberia? I think its plausible that he could have been allowed the camera. What's that going to hurt?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 59demon

Also it should be noted that the guy who (they claim) shot this was a German War Photographer who was captured in Russia. So it may in fact be possible that this footage was shot before he was taken captive and it was only discovered much later when the camera was returned to his descendant.

There have always been stories about Mammoths out there (thanks dude, forgot about that old story with the hunters) as well as this, i knew i'd remember eventually..

1005 Hours- I alter altitude to 1400 feet and execute a
sharp left turn to better examine the valley below. It is
green with either moss or a type of tight knit grass. The
light here seems different. I cannot see the Sun anymore. We
make another left turn and we spot what seems to be a large
animal of some kind below us. It appears to be an elephant!
NO!!! It looks more like a mammoth! This is incredible! Yet,
there it is! Decrease altitude to 1000 feet and take
binoculars to better examine the animal. It is confirmed -
it is definitely a mammoth-like animal! Report this to base
camp.

Who knows, Byrd saw his Mammoth in 47.

edit on 4-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join