It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

big bang?really

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
watching a doc on bbc4 in britain at moment and the big bang theory has came up on it,is it just me or is that just a cop out?i,m sorry but i can,t get my head round that everything came from nothing.

www.bbc.co.uk...

we,ve always been told u can,t get something from nothing but in the theory of the universe then thats fine?does anyone else have problems with thier theory?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The big bang theory does not postulate that everything came from nothing.
If that program says that it is mistaken.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
don,t think its just this program,everything i,ve saw about the begining of universe then happened from big bang but still nothing there before everything came to be which to me makes no sense

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!!

Stay on topic and knock of the insults. Either post material pertinent to the questions asked in the thread or your post will be removed and posting bans are possible.

Blaine91555
Forum Moderator

edit on 9/4/2013 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
this big bang theory over time like everything else i believe will be disproved.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

i can,t get my head round that everything came from nothing.

Is the story of some mythical creature snapping it's fingers and creating everything from nothing more believable?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I just find it hard to accept nothingness

Even if there was nothing to observe in those early days, I think there must have been something. Maybe nothing IS something?

Could it be that something is inverted nothing?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Her is another way of looking at the big bang. This is the theoretical proposal of white holes.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The big bang theory does not postulate that everything came from nothing.
If that program says that it is mistaken.

I often wonder if the "big bang" was more of a "big collision" and everything around now wasn't just created, but already existed and was diverted.

Seems like a much greater possibility wouldn't you say?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It is if that "mythical creature" has always existed & especially if "he" is the origin of everything we are able to perceive (which he must be if he's always existed).

When given the 2 choices of God vs. No God it is more reasonable to believe that something must have always existed.

We have never in the history of man been able to make nothing become something.
To believe that nothing could become something violates the methods of science by making an assumption that has consistently been proved as impossible.

Personally I believe that this existence must be infinite & the only reason we can't understand it right now is because (for whatever reason) our perception has been restricted to only this singular mortal existence that has been limited by a conception of a timeline.

We will never be able to genuinely understand the true nature of existence because we have no exterior perception other than that which is given to us by our short lifespan & a singular viewpoint restricted to the physical world.

I believe in God as the creator...We could argue about who you think "God" is all day long (I know which iteration I believe in) but it is foolish to believe that there is no God at all. There must be as evidenced by the fact that we exist at all.
edit on 4-9-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
big bang bullsh8t, the universe has always been there and always will

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Is the story of some mythical creature snapping it's fingers and creating everything from nothing more believable?

Actually, God didn't snap his fingers... he spoke everything into existence. The Big Bang... Evolution (save for micro-evolution) have no observable evidence whatsoever. None. People who believe in Darwinism and the Big Bang show just as much faith as those of us who believe in God, or more specifically the Bible and Creationism.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

That would then mean that this universe was created by a power much greater than the universe, and that power would be independent of the universe and not subject to the confines of the universe. Wait a minute! I think you may be referring to God.

Yes. I believe that in the beginning God created the universe and everything in it. And no, I don't believe you can get something from nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I just find it hard to accept nothingness.

Do you find it equally hard to accept infinity? And if not, why not?

reply to post by coldkidc

When given the 2 choices of God vs. No God it is more reasonable to believe that something must have always existed.

Could you explain why? Do you know of anything else – apart from God, who may or may not exist – that is eternal? If everything we can perceive is temporary, why do you think it at all reasonable to believe in something invisible but permanent?

Personally I believe that this existence must be infinite

Again, could you explain why? Do you know of anything that is infinite? Even the universe has physical limits. Why do you, again, find it reasonable to believe in something when all the evidence goes in the opposite direction?

edit on 4/9/13 by Astyanax because: Two birds. One stone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join