It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's absolutely NO POINT in voting.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
OP, if you want an in depth of how the national survey every 4 years works; this thread goes in depth... it's an old thread a few months before the last election, if anyone checks it out, please don't flag the thread or star any of my posts... education was the goal of that thread and posting this is an extension of that to help educate and nothing more... sorry in advance for the bad headline.

How the presidential election works

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I always ask for a paper ballot.
The people need to take control of the boting system. Obviously the government shouldn't be in chatge of organizing the vote. Thats ridiculous.

People should absolutely vote though. Because when that day comes that people overwhelmingly vote thirs party and the vote tally doesn't reflect that, then people will start talking via the internet and the truth will come out.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that voting is like sports, just diverting our collective energy into something utterly ineffective.

So, I might agree that there is no point in it...BUT...the answer is *not* in doing in nothing. I mean, that's exactly what they want.

edit on 9/6/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
And I'll tell you why, because theres no paper trail, not with the electronic voting machines.

Bev Harris, who has been targeted by the government, was one of the very first to report on the criminality of these voting machines.

The closest we came to a 3rd Party President was Ross Perot back in 1992 who at one time was leading with 39% of the vote until various threats were directed at him and his family. He ultimately ended up receiving 19% of the vote, still an incredible accomplishment.

The other establishment tactic is opinion polls. As though opinion polls cant be manipulated.

The only way that we as a population could claim voter fraud is if a candidate with overwhelming support, say 60% or more, ending up losing.

Conveniently, most political races are determined by a few % points. So it would be easy to flip the vote in either person's favor.

Not that it matters if its a Republican or Democrat. Hardly a difference between the two Parties.

Dude you are way behind. There hasn't been a point to voting since the conception of the electoral college, aka, there has never been a point to voting in the US, paper trail or not.

What makes you think paper prevented fraud from happening in the first place anyway?

Like there was never voting fraud before computers....Get real dude.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

We need to impose some kind of system that will allow us to confirm that our votes are being counted for the candidates that we have voted for. One way to do this is to have an online vote tally that will allow citizens to see their own votes. It doesn't have to show individual choices that link specific votes to specific identities on public view. But it needs to be able to at least show individuals in private that their vote is being counted for the candidates of whom they voted for and give anonymous vote scores for regions.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Not entirely wrong, not entirely correct either.

Vote fraud is not as big as some are making it out to be. With all due respect I think this a relatively minor issue. The ptb dont have to manipulate the vote count that much because they already know the vast majority(nearly everyone) will either...

a)dont vote at all
b)vote either democrat or republican because 1)they have short memory 2)msm pushes ONLY mainstream parties 3)people suffer from the stockholm syndrome and FEAR voting third party.

Once ANY small party gets at least 5% of the total vote, they start becoming mainstream and are difficult to ignore. That is why they smear the koch brother propaganda against libertarians, try to silence libertarian ideals.

I personally like constitution party, but lets face it, they dont even have the nerve to push for more ballot access. Being registered in only 10 states condemns them to fail. They have to do their part before blaming others.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The title alone is hardly news.
I would even add that there is no point in having a government that does not serve the general population, which is the case of almost any government on this planet.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
many times i voted i would have to agree with you.
i often voted for those who scared me the least. who will do the least damage.

but if obama's drive by shooting against syria takes place, next year election could be interresting.
instead of democrats and republicans, many voters will look at who voted for the drive by shooting.

if gas is 6-8$ a gallon, this will be an interresting election, intertaining if nothing else.

i live in an area that still uses paper and agree that computers are not good for elections.
a huge scandal waiting to happen, for sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
still find the way you do it better then over here, we still vote in PENCIL!

my mother still refuses to do anything other then donkey votes because of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think we may need a high profile class action anti-trust lawsuit against the debate commission, against democrats and against republicans. Time to expose these clowns and send some people to jail, also make them pay some fines.

What do you think ATS?

Any lawfirm willing to take the challenge?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

no.

no there isn't...

hasnt been for a long, long time..

if ever..

Your take on the OP is more to my feelings about voting now and in the past.

Out of millions of good people in America and this is all we can come up with, its not an election anymore its a coup d'état.

I still can't find anyone , left or right that said they voted for Obama this last time.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Since both parties work for the same people, casting a vote for either of them is the DEFINITION of pointless. Since they control the players, and the game, and the equipment it's doubly pointless. Voting is the illusion of doing something, not actually doing something. But whatever helps you sleep at night I guess...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if it's Ron Paul or Jill Stein or Rocky Anderson or Gary Johnson or Ralph Nader or Poss Perot.

It's doesn't matter how many money bombs there are.

It will never compare to the amount of money coming from the corporate-military industrial powers.

Because you know when that Presidential debate happens, if you're a third party candidate and not apart of the establishment, you will be banned from the debates.

Dr. Gabor Mate:

It's simply a matter of historical fact that the dominant intellectual culture of any particular society reflects the interests of the dominant group in that society. In a slave owning society the beliefs about human beings and human rights and so on will reflect the needs of the slave owners. In the society, which again is based on the power of certain people to control and profit from the lives and work of millions of others the dominant intellectual culture will reflect the needs of the dominant group. So, if you look across the board, the ideas that pervade psychology and sociology and history and political economy and political science fundamentally reflect certain elite interests. And the academics who question that too much tend to get shunted to the side or to be seen as sort of “radicals”.

Peter Joseph:

It's fascinating how people today seem to believe that they actually have a relevant influence on what their government does forgetting that the very nature of our system offers everything for sale. The only vote that counts is the monetary vote and it doesn't matter how much any activist yells about ethics and accountability. In a market system, every politician, every legislation and hence, every government is for sale. And even with the 20 trillion dollar bank bailouts starting in 2007 an amount of money which could have changed say, the global energy infrastructure to fully renewable methods instead going to a series of institutions that literally do nothing to help society institutions that could be removed tomorrow with no recourse, the blind conditioning that politics and politicians exist for the public well-being still continues. The fact is, politics is a business - no different than any other in a market system and they care about their self-interest before anything else.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How about we pull a Monty Brewster and all vote for None of the Above.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
And I'll tell you why, because theres no paper trail, not with the electronic voting machines.

Bev Harris, who has been targeted by the government, was one of the very first to report on the criminality of these voting machines.

The closest we came to a 3rd Party President was Ross Perot back in 1992 who at one time was leading with 39% of the vote until various threats were directed at him and his family. He ultimately ended up receiving 19% of the vote, still an incredible accomplishment.

The other establishment tactic is opinion polls. As though opinion polls cant be manipulated.

The only way that we as a population could claim voter fraud is if a candidate with overwhelming support, say 60% or more, ending up losing.

Conveniently, most political races are determined by a few % points. So it would be easy to flip the vote in either person's favor.

Not that it matters if its a Republican or Democrat. Hardly a difference between the two Parties.

True that, remember the vote flipping patterns during the Ron Paul gop primaries? It was evident in Iowa and in many precincts that were cross examined. I even remember a Texas voting judge who challenged this very same point, saying the results did NOT match up to her examinations.

Sigh...

If you vote, vote on paper and keep your receipt. The best thing you can do is take surveys at the precinct level and challenge if you see inconsistencies.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

You never had a voice in the first place, they already narrowed it down to someone who doesn't represent you, voting is a sham, you have no voice, they decide who you can vote for.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

LOL, I know people think this suddenly became corrupted lately. If elections actually mattered, they'd be illegal.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
reply to post by tetra50

You never had a voice in the first place, they already narrowed it down to someone who doesn't represent you, voting is a sham, you have no voice, they decide who you can vote for.

You can vote for whomever you want. Voting itself is not the problem, the campaign process that requires inordinate amount of funds to run properly, the lopsided exposure democrats and republicans get in relation to third parties is.

Its like trying to sell something without advertising. The firm that advertises the most wins regardless of how poor the product or service it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join