It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Syrian War Prerogative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So here we go again with another bull# war justified on the basis of chemical attacks, that not only haven’t been proven, but that may well be the result of US intervention: their encouragement, funding, and instigation of Syrian rebels. As a result we now have our current president pushing Congress to go to war with Syria even though we don’t have strong evidence to support such justifications.

What the main stream media won’t tell you is that the U.S. has been just been trying to control the Middle East in general so they can maintain control of what is considered to be the largest oil supply in the world. Only by controlling the Middle East can we continue to force the nations of the Middle East supplying the world with oil to sell oil in dollars as opposed to some other currency that has more backing. This is the only way that America can maintain its currency status because without the petro-dollar we would lose our status as a world currency and a whole slew of issues would ensue as a result including but not limited to: inflation, gas shortages, and other issues with economic systems which rely on gas or oil. Think about how much gas and oil affect not only the US, but the world as a whole.

Here’s a couple little facts for you:
“In 2000, Iraq converted all its oil transactions under the Oil for Food program to euros.[3] When the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003, it returned oil sales from the euro to the USD.”

“Iran has made an effort to create its own Iranian Oil Bourse which started selling oil in gold, euros, dollars, and Japanese yen.[6] In mid-2006 Venezuela indicated support of Iran's decision to offer global oil trade in the euro currency.”

As of march 20, 2010 Iran will no longer trade oil in the dollar. So to maintain the nations status and remain the dominate world power, the US, is invading Syria, which many of the uniformed will assume has very little to do with some of the things I just mentioned. That simply means they haven’t seen or heard enough to understand the relationship. How many countries are left to invade in the Middle East for the U.S.? Not many, is the answer. The end goal is to invade and control Iran. We already invaded and more or less control Iraq for the same reasons. Afghanistan was also invaded for similar reasons although that country had less to do with oil in that circumstance and more to do with untapped mineral resources, not to mention that it boarders Iran so it gives us another place in which to invade Iran from with ease if we already have the ability to station troops their without much of any resistance from the Afghan people.

Many of you may wonder what Libya had to do with this; being that it’s not technically part of the Middle East. Although we never went to “war” with Libya, we stepped into a minefield that was strategically placed by the U.S. to overthrow Gadhafi with Libyan “rebels” that were tired of his tyranny which supposedly negatively impacted the citizens of Libya. It had nothing, or very little to do with that. In fact from what I understand about Gadhafi he was more or less a victim of our set up. I’ve heard he did a lot to make the country better off and the only true reason we stepped in directly or indirectly is because he was about to start buying oil with gold, which of course, would cause issues with the United States petro dollar status because it would give Middle Eastern countries a precedent for selling oil in currencies other than the dollar.

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It also helped destabilize Egypt. Don’t believe me? Why the hell did we step in then? Was it to stop the suffering of all the people Gadhafi was mistreating? Why don’t we step in with other African countries that have ongoing genocide like Darfur? Think about it. They don’t have any resources we need and they aren’t creating any challenges for the United States in regards to the petro-dollar or anything else for that matter. Well why don’t we invade Saudi Arabia, you may wonder; because they’re our biggest supporter in the Middle East. When was the last time you saw the mainstream media bashing Saudi Arabia about anything? They are the United States biggest foothold in the Middle East and both countries are quite aware of that fact.

The United States biggest threat to the petro-dollar is easily Iran but Iran has powerful allies and as a result we need to go through Syria to get to Iran and to give us a better position for invasion because Saudi Arabia might be our biggest backer in the Middle East but they sure as hell don’t want attention drawn to them as a result. Iran itself seems to be looking for alternatives to petroleum by investing in nuclear technology, although, if that is for Iran’s own benefit as far as energy is concerned or if is a benefit to the country by making it more defensible is unclear to me. The result appears to be the same, the United States will use Iran’s nuclear research as reason enough to engage in hostile activities with them just to prevent them from selling oil to other countries for anything other than dollars. Iran is already doing this and that’s why things have been escalating at what appears to be ever increasing rates. Iran’s political hierarchy is aware that it isn’t in the best interest of the country to sell oil in dollars but it doesn’t seem to be something they can easily change because of the vulnerable position it’s in, as a result, I could easily see them arming themselves with nukes as a deterrent for the United States. Either we’d be too afraid they’d strike back at us, or alternatively the U.S. may be concerned for the oil supply itself. Again, either way, the result is the same. The U.S. doesn’t want a nuclear armed Iran to contend with if it can avoid doing so. I’m inclined to believe Iran is arming itself, but I also can’t blame them for taking that route. If it were merely about energy then there would be other alternatives that aren’t as hard to accomplish that would be better for the people of Iran and better for the world in general. Why not go with solar panels that leave no radiation left over after use? Iran has plenty of sunlight.

Anyway, getting back to Syria, here we have our dictator: Obama, saying we need to punish Asaad for these attacks that we aren’t even sure happened or who committed them. So the fact that Obama’s justification for going to war is paper thin and probably complete bull# perpetuated by the United States aside; let’s look at the loss to our liberties in the past 10 years and also look at those nearly lost. Keep in mind it’s 2013 as I write this, and some of these events had the way paved for them by predecessors of the current political party/president in power.
edit on 4-9-2013 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

List:
1. “The 1st Amendment protects speech, religion, assembly and the press:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

There are notable cases that are well documented that vary in nature of citizens in the United States being detained indefinitely without due process, the rights of people to protest are also being denied and people are being arrested for peaceful protest. They can literally arrest any U.S. citizen for any reason or no reason and detain them without bail or trail for speaking out against policies or against the government in general or for any number of arbitrary reasons they’ve given a list for. At least one of many things that are on that list nearly every American can identify with and be guilty of such as: having a bumper sticker on your car, wearing a hoodie, driving a van, talking to police officers, being a Christian, being frustrated with “mainstream ideologies”, being anti-abortion, suspicious of centralized federal authority, and much much more. My point is, this amendment is on its last legs and mostly dead. In fact I am fearful to post this, this, call to attention, call to action anywhere where it can be linked to me and yet I feel as though outright exposure while putting myself at risk may be one of the best ways to protect me if I am to try and change anything at all. If this gets enough attention to get on the radar of big brother then maybe I will have gotten enough attention to be a martyr for the people; should anything happen to me. It’s a risk I’m willing to take because as a truly patriotic American; one should fight for one’s country and the beliefs the country was founded on if one wishes to live in said country. We “the people” must protect ourselves from tyranny. It’s in the constitution.

2. “The 2nd Amendment states:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Anyone who owns a gun or goes shooting or is educated and aware of their surroundings will tell you that the mainstream media and lawmakers have been attempting, thus far unsuccessfully, to take away guns or gun rights in a variety of ways, especially in the last few years. Every time some major gun related massacre occurs the media and lawmakers are quick to blame guns and not any of the other circumstances surrounding their use. While America hasn’t outright had its guns taken away yet, they are taking what guns or ammunition can be bought slowly, piece by piece. Ultimately the goal is to simply to disarm the public and make them easier to control. How can a disarmed public affectively even attempt to defend their freedoms from a tyrannical government without guns? They can’t, which is one reason I’m trying to get people to wake up and see what’s right in front of them before it’s too late. They already have the FEMA camps ready and our domestic homeland security or dhs as they are called for short are armed with vehicles that are more war ready then hummers currently used in wars that are already being fought. Fortunately, we haven’t lost this one yet but they will keep trying. I have no evidence of such to provide currently, but I have seen enough evidence to make me believe that they may have even had a hand in at least some of the tragedies provoking gun laws.

3. “The 4th Amendment prevents unlawful search and seizure:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

The government already uses drones to spy on Americans, it’s incredibly well documented even by the mainstream media and more recently Edward Snowden has leaked information about the FBI’s prism computer system which basically is a huge computer system monitoring the activities of American citizens over the internet indiscriminately without warrant or anything. On top of that, the government is trying to find Edward Snowden guilty of treason for leaking that information, yet, I feel as though he’s one of the few rare true Americans in this country standing for what he believes is right by divulging the details of this illegal breach of privacy by a government agency. Snowden shouldn’t be what the mainstream media is concerned with. The mainstream media should rally the public to hold the government accountable for breaching the trust of the people it is sworn to defend and protect the liberties of. Makes you wonder why everyone is so quiet in mainstream media about wrong doings perpetrated by the government and so ready to report a government friendly stance. I would wager it’s either because of fear of indefinite detention or because of money. Again though, I have no proof other than observation and deduction. I’m sure there are articles that could be found that might help determine such though.

There are other programs either in place or already in the works created by the NSA to do similar things that prism does. For more information google “xkeyscore”.

4. “The 6th Amendment guarantees the right to hear the criminal charges levied against us and to be able to confront the witnesses who have testified against us, as well as speedy criminal trials, and a public defender for those who cannot hire an attorney:

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

Well obviously those subjected to indefinite detention or assassination are victims of the destruction of the 6th amendment. In cases where the government is involved they can prosecute cases based on secret evidence that may not be seen by the judge, the jury, or even the defendant.

There are several more examples that I could list and I could list their corresponding amendments but I think I’ve already reached my point because I’m getting tired of pointing everything out. This is where I got the majority of that information for this writing: www.washingtonsblog.com... Although there are several places you can find the same information. I highly recommend reading the “The End of America” by Naomi Wolf for a more comprehensive and in depth explanation of the loss of our liberties. The truth is you, the reader, won’t find the truth until you’ve looked for it yourself. Hopefully, I’ve at least made you curious enough about the rights you have which are under attack or have outright lost that you will continue to keep looking into other examples and as a result may be moved to action.

After looking at that list, keep in mind, wars and political agendas of the United States are not determined by the current ruling party/president. The current political party/president is just a face to be mad at, a fall guy, a figurehead to take aim at that has no real meaning if removed. The current political party/president is also a distraction. It’s easier for both, groups of people and individuals, to have biases based on political beliefs they have long held as sacred (because views pushed upon them by their parents or based on old misconceptions that for the most part where likely exaggerated to make people easy to divide to begin with) and to point to the opposite party they believe in when something isn’t going the way they believe it should. Some people consider Obama to be equivalent to the anti-christ or something along those lines, mostly republicans that hate “the liberals” for taking away some rights and not doing what they said they were going to do. But before Obama, the same thing happened with Bush. Bush was taking away our rights too, or making it easier for the next guy to take our rights away which is exactly what’s happening. If I’m preaching to the choir, all the better, now go and convince your fellow Americans of the truth and let’s do something about it. Let’s find those accountable and put them on trial. Even though the president may just be a fall guy for whatever force is controlling his political actions, holding the president accountable even though he may not truly be responsible may be as close to holding those who are truly responsible accountable, and would, at the very least, send a very clear message that the powers that be have overstepped their bounds and will be held accountable if they can be detained and subject to trial.

I encourage decentralization of government; the highest forms of government should be on state levels instead of their being a federal level. That way the local government can be more adept at handling laws appropriately for the region in which they control and the government at that point wouldn’t be quite so overwhelming. Federal laws shouldn’t even exist in my opinion. They aren’t necessary. State laws could easily cover the same function and be more appropriate for each state on a state to state basis of beliefs. Localized government authority is easier for “the people” to control and that, in my opinion, is necessary to avoid tyranny.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

What about the Israelis? They also have a lot to gain in this Fiasco.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I suppose that's very true, although I don't have a lot of information reguarding that. In fact I've found Israel to be strangely quiet as of late reguarding the issue. Please provide some information on what Israel has to gain out of all of this. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just ignorant of the benefits to Israel and would like to be informed.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It will give them the perfect excuse to Strike Iran. Plus it removes a major Iranian ally should a war come.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I suppose that's very true, although I don't have a lot of information reguarding that. In fact I've found Israel to be strangely quiet as of late reguarding the issue. Please provide some information on what Israel has to gain out of all of this. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just ignorant of the benefits to Israel and would like to be informed.

LAND LAND LAND.. That's what Israel wants and will gain, , that's why they stolen Palestine...Ever heard Israelis talk about "Greater Israel"?
They want Sinai to Iran, and everything in between.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Hmm, I see. Thanks you both for the insight.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I was hoping for more replies ATS. Perhaps my post has simply been overlooked this time...guess it happens.

new topics

top topics

join