It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would God mind me playing video games like Grand theft auto 5?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

NEVER, have i indicated that i prefer criminal behavior and violence. EVER. If you referring to my description of the video game in my initial post, then it's only that, a description.

Just like people root for a bad guys put into extraordinary situations in films, it's the same with people playing as criminals in videogames; their conscious is not activated when they watch a main character criminal or play as a main character criminal because our morals have been slowly customized by higher powers to a point where we regard bad acts as okay in certain situations; like when watching a hitman blast away everybody to protect some little girl, or when people play as criminals doing crime in videogames.

Concerning the symbols? Illuminati and satanic symbolism/subject matter has been prevailant in general mass media (film, t.v. cartoons, comics, books, fashion, advertising, magazines, music...) SINCE the inception of general mass media in America.

You will also find many corporations logos are occult. Thousands of sites and structures worldwide are satanic and occultic in origin. You will be told otherwise though.

Oh, it's now also prevailant in countries such as Turkey, Saudi Arabia, France, Japan, South Korea, Belgium, Sweden, don't feel like typing out a long list of countries.

The one eye symbolism, the pyramid, 666 symbols and hand sign, cornuto hand sign, baphomet skull; if these symbols are consistently EVERYWHERE, and whether you believe it or not, they are, i think they are trying to imprint something very specific on our minds, here.

The symbols you gave as an example are silly little green faces, which originated from yellow smiley faces; i don't when that originated from.

The symbols that are plastered everywhere have been around for thousands of years, are all connected with one another through Illuminati and satanism, and mean something very specific, and very sinister. Couple that with the fact that entertainment has been and now is comprised of sex and violence, and pop music's insistence that satanic symbolism and subject matter prevail throughout, and you have a specific reason for this here.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

arpgme
reply to post by bigman88

If God is Love, then God is Acceptance. Love accepts and loves people for who they are, it does not manipulate and control.

The real question is, do you CHOOSE to be connected to love or not? Do you wish to focus on violence rather than love?

Do you want change in order to "please" God, or because you realize that you were created out of love (image of God) and your consciousness/spirit/soul (whichever word you choose to use) is love?

Love does not necessarily mean acceptance. You can love someone, but not accept certain things they do, or a certain lifestyle they live.

God love's, but from what i am learning, he is a God of order, and standards. Standards that he does not expect you to adhere to perfectly, but standards he expects you to work towards and perfect.

No, me playing violent videogames does not mean i will be replacing love with violence for my attention, but i see what your saying, though. No, i don;t want to do that.

To the last one, both. I do want to please God, but at the same time, i do realize that he created in a way that we must develop our souls through a morally just life and worship.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Well, WarminIndy, it looks like you have it all sorted out, fit perfectly into a neat little carrying container.

It looks like you, like many others, have decided to leave out many key bits of evidence and inconsistencies when it comes to this subject. The fact that several people heard BOOMS before any planes hit? The fact that many witnesses would be able, in ANY emotional state, to tell the difference between a thin streak of lite, and a large FIRGGIN PLANE, that no matter how hard a plane hits anything, anywhere, bodies and plane debris WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT MELT AWAY into nothing from sheer impact or heat, or the FBI hogging all visual evidence, or that airplane fuel burned so hot that lava continued to flow around the rubble WEEKS after the event, or the 9/11 witnesses speaking out against the official story consistently dropping dead in short order, or the fact that NORAD and it's whole staff decided to take a vacation, or a nap, or whatever, or the little plumes of smoke blowing through the columns at various levels just 1 second after the planes hit, or building 7 just toppling down by itself and then various news agencies reporting on it before that happened, or the fact that the government said terrorists did it, but decided to start a war with a whole damn country just cuz.

Too much to type here...

But as i said, you git it all well compacted, good job

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

bigman88

I appreciate and value this knowledge and lessons that you impart to me regarding faith in God.

Only thing is, you have come up with several assumptions of my level of knowledge and my beliefs regarding this.

I never had the simple view of Jesus being a bearded man in white robes in the sky watching me. I'll go crazy if i think i'm under perpetual surveillance by some bearded man in the sky. I never saw Jesus and God as separate. It was always said that Jesus was God himself in human form on earth. And i believe that.

I never thought that simply studying the bible will automatically bring you closer to God. Many people read this thing yet go do the wrong thing. Studying the bible, understanding, and practicing the lessons and morals within it, and keeping it's teachings, asking God to bless you with clarity understanding, for it is the word of God communicated through man, will bring you closer to God. I never saw God as words in a book.

Your last statement was what I was talking about.I am not condemning you or anyone for doing it.It is the most common action/work.You are contradicting yourself in one paragraph.I did not say by simply reading it I said by studying it and that is exactly what you said you believe..studying the bible etc etc....to bring you closer to God.My point is of course when you study the bible it isn't to pass a test (even though that may be true in seminary's) you can do it for the reason you stated...and that is exactly my point.The works of any of those things will not make you closer to God.

No one can do ANYTHING to make themselves closer to God .... nothing....It is ALL Gods work.... he is the,revealer,the initiator the deliverer,the catalyst etc etc it is ALL Gods work.That is what it means by faith without works is dead as a body without spirit is dead.It is not our works at all it is ALL Gods work....because it is God which works in you by Gods will to do Gods purposes.

Religion looks on the outside to the work of the hands and carnal mind and believes it is "faith" when it is ALL God working in our Midst.THAT is salvation...not the stuff you said.God is not trying to "test" how "good" we are or can be.He is not asking us to do anything or asking us for permission for him to do anything he is just doing it!Yahoshua clearly stated don't tell your left hand what the right hand is doing.It applies to everything.

bigman88

Christ consciousness, you are God, Higher self? I have read about this new age stuff, and recognize it's slick deception. Never believed in it, never even studied it. Don't know why you think i had this stuff in mind. At all.

I only mentioned it in passing because someone had posted about it.

bigman88
I'm not trying to justify anything, yet. I am now trying to get closer to God, and am reevaluating some activities that i had fun doing. One of those things is videogames. Especially the violent ones. It is only entertainment, but it is an activity that does not usefully utilize your time, and it is a videogame that simulates violence for entertainment. I am only asking if while i am working on bettering myself spiritually and mentally, if God would think this violent game distasteful in his view.

I was not putting you down or condemning you I was pointing out if you have to ask someones opinion about something like that you have a very identifiable lack of maturity.Asking is okay however in my many years of experience by the way you phrased it and many things you continue to say is looking for a justification for what you do.One day you will see that as clearly as many can see it now.That is the only reason I am saying it to bring it to the forefront of your attention.

bigman88
You have formed many assumptions on my belief and knowledge of this, when there was nothing much to you can go on to form these assumptions. Granted, i still do have plenty to learn, and more to grow.

Thank's.

I am assuming nothing.I guarantee you it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out.It is good you see how much you don't know.and again I guarantee you don't know very much about how much you don't know.That is true of everyone...some more than others.Age isn't always the main factor even though I personally don't know anyone that is young in experience of life that has the wisdom that most older experience "can"naturally bring.and I also know way to many 80 years that have had almost no wisdom at all.

My suggestion is what Yahoshua and the apostles were "proclaiming"...Listen...,"for them that have ears LET Them HEAR....faith comes by hearing and hearing by the LIVING word of God.God is not words in a book.Knowing God is not moral teachings that can be gleaned and practiced and prayed about etc etc....When God "talks" to you ....you will listen.It will be like breathing.Faith comes first ... then knowing.Yahoshua never said he believed in the father he only said he knew him.One of the most abused scriptures quotes says it more clearly when it is HEARD.

IF you are a disciple of mine you will KNOW the Truth and the Truth WILL set you free.

That is the meaning of forgiveness..Being set free from captivity.....the captivity of religion...which CAN"T know God...ever!It all will happen when God wants it to happen.Nothing you can do on your own will change that fact.God is the sovereign and in 100% control of everything regardless of the many are called that believe otherwise and don't even know it.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

I don't have nay feeling of you putting me down or condemning me in any way.

Although i still feel you are reaching a bit in what i know, i see what you are clarifying for me here, and probably just my pride eliciting that feeling i have of you.

Thank's alot for educating a young man still learning.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I was inspired to come back and revisit this thread...The word INSPIRED means:In-Spirit...

Someone many years ago brought these two words and their meaning to my attention and it made a world of difference in my way of looking at life, understanding my own spirituality and communicating with others around me who were also spiritual minded...

Here is the SECOND word FAITH:Faith is confidence or trust in a person, thing, deity, or in the doctrines or teachings of a religion or view (e.g. having strong political faith). It can also be belief that is not based on proof.[1] The word faith is often used as a substitute for hope, trust or belief.
In religion, faith often involves accepting claims about the character of a deity, nature, or the universe. While some have argued that faith is opposed to reason, proponents of faith argue that the proper domain of faith concerns questions which cannot be settled by evidence.FAITH

Sincerely,

shells4u

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I beleive that as you grow and mature in God things that you use to find enjoyable may loose their attractions and things that you never considered to do will become enjoyable to you. just my 2cents worth.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

bigman88
reply to post by Rex282

I don't have nay feeling of you putting me down or condemning me in any way.

Good to hear that you understand that.

bigman88
Although i still feel you are reaching a bit in what i know, i see what you are clarifying for me here, and probably just my pride eliciting that feeling i have of you.

Thank's alot for educating a young man still learning.

I didn't say that lightly.Mankind in their present state perceives about as much as a zygote does of what is really going on because the process is essentially the same.....conception.I guarantee... nothing is what it seems.The process of the destruction at the wide gate is critical.We can know nothing of the Truth until God makes that happen by crushing our belief system of religion to dust...EVERYTHING is in Gods hands.That is why GOD'S will (not ours) WILL be done on earth as it IS in "the heavens".It's ALL the process of salvation being enacted 100% by God.
edit on 21-9-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

bigman88

Originally posted by Josephus
Any Christian already knows that God himself wouldn't approve of a video game like that.

There's a judgment for believers called the "bema seat judgment" In it God will judge your works by flame. Things done on Earth for him and his church (his people not the stone and mortar) become gold and precious stones. Everything else will burn away like chaff. The former will be crafted into crowns (these are the crowns that are cast at Jesus' feet).

You're certainly not hurting anyone with the game. I've been a Christian for a long time and I played San Andreas and GTAiv but I realize it's not a good use of my time. I know I fall into the trap of "well it's not good but it's not as bad as the other stuff people are doing" which I think is a valid argument but it still doesn't make that something good. It's why we need Christ in the first place. All fall short of the glory of God.

If you do play it just remember that God doesn't love you any less because you did. It's a temptation and you may fall for it, perhaps it's a sin and you commit it. The wages of sin are death but remember; Christ has defeated death and you believe in him.

I have that feeling that God will not care for people entertaining themselves by playing something that is simulating violence and mayhem.

But at the same time, if i divide my time carefully, and spend the time i usually mostly spend on videogames in my life, 3 to 5 hours when i have free time, and devote myself to reading the scriptures,and keeping God in mind and spirit, and letting the games occupy my mind, will he mind?

I guess i'm asking if it's possible to progress spiritually while doing these activities?

I would say in order to progress spiritually you need to know all sides of the human condtion. So I think it would help you spirtiually.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Murgatroid
Former occult practitioner Curtis "Earthquake" Kelley discusses the harmful influence of violent video games...

YouTube Search - Christian Violent Video Games

I guess thats what happens when you are weak huh? Weak minded people will be affected. Strong minded people will never go out and do whats on the game. Sad really. Those dip$#its cant handel it go out and do something dumb, then the game is blamed. Just like music, and how art was.

Stupid people do stupid things, not game music or art!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

guitarplayer

I beleive that as you grow and mature in God things that you use to find enjoyable may loose their attractions and things that you never considered to do will become enjoyable to you. just my 2cents worth.

It's happening right now.

I roll my eyes at all of the tv's crass jokes and violence that i used to eat up.

The idea of keeping it in your pants is an honorable commitment that i would have sweated and palpated at the idea of.

I don't think about weed at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigman88

Dear bigman88,
I would recommend that you don't play the Grand Auto Theft 5. Think about what it is representing. Criminal activities. One day we will be in front of Jesus and He will be looking at what we did in our lives, it is recorded in our books. If you must play video games please play clean ones. Think about what you could be doing instead. Perhaps watch Bible clips on YouTube. Joyce Meyer is good. Like someone posted here what's done for God and the Kingdom gets rewarded. Or could you do something better than games, maybe go swimming or go to a gym or read a good book?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join