It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria And How To AVOID World War 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Right I am going to lay all my cards on the table over the very disturbing escalation of events in recent days over Syria. Let me state first and foremost that I am extremely concerned that this is the trigger that will launch WW3. I really do think that we are periously close to blowing our planet to smithereens. Quite literally. No more history, no more planet, just a new asteroid belt in the solar system.

Now my position on the situation is this. SOMEONE in Syria has used chemical weapons. That is undoubtly a war crime. And they should be held accountable. However, this does NOT give USA the right to act like judge, jury and executioner. ANY military action on an issue of this magnitude should be put to the UN security council and voted upon there. Obama has said that the international community is at stake. Yes it is. The UN was set up in the aftermath of WW2 to allow for a forum and safeguard against the chances of WW3 from occurring, though heaven knows we have come close on several occasions, and frankly this current crisis is as serious as the Cuban Missile Crisis.

If Obama REALLY cares about the international community then he SHOULD use the UN, wait for the inspectors to compile their report and present it to the Security Council and then ask for a meeting of the Security Council and discuss things. Obama risks being a war criminal himself if he does not take this sensible and statesman like course of action. Then again if WW3 breaks out on the scale I fear then that wont matter I guess as Earth will be dead. Remember that new asteroid belt I referred to earlier.

I take it many of you reading this are Americans. I urge you to protest in the streets, lobby your senators, refuse to go to work, or do something and say to your politicians NO NO NO. Demand that Obama use the UN. Don't let WW3 start. Don't let Earth be destroyed.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I posted in another thread that there are only a couple of ways this can go.
1. We stay out of Syria. Period.
2. We get involved and Syrias neighbors get involved.
3. We beat Syria and no one says squat to USA about it.

If option two happens it could very well trigger a World War. I think Russia is making their stance fairly obvious at the moment.....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Too late, the senate panel just passed the authorization. First step is a go.

They call this a limited resolution. I don't care what they call it, it is an attack on a sovereign nation, and thereby, a declaration of war by the US on another country.

This is not another Iraq or Afghanistan where we are fighting an invisible terrorist force. We are launching an aggressive attack on another countries' military, designed to cripple their ability to respond in a tactical way, to agressive attacks. That is real war.
We get what we deserve. This is unjustified, our country is in no danger. This is all ego.

Assad killed 10,000 people with bombs, but killing several hundred with chemical weapons he somehow crossed a line? Even the UN disagrees. This should tell us something.

Our actions should tell the world something.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well Syria all i can say is find somewhere safe, hide and pray for morning. Alternative is to grab your ankles and get ready.

To the Syrian people, not all westerners are brutal savages. In fact some of us actually have morals and are capable of love even. I know woulda thunk it, right? I wish there was more i could have done that would have made a difference. We are just as much victims in all this as you most just don't recognize it. I pray we can stop this madness before the machines of war is turned on ourselves. Sadly, we would deserve our own fate for allowing this to happen to the Syrian people.

And for anyone who wants to reply to my post and tell me we re just trying to stop evil Assad. Remember that the people we are backing in this war are paid mercenaries primarily Al Qaeda with weapons with western stickers. 70% approve of Assad why would he do that? Qui bono. Qui bono. Qui bono.

WAR IS A RACKET!
edit on 4-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

If option two happens it could very well trigger a World War. I think Russia is making their stance fairly obvious at the moment.....

If there is a World War it is because it was designed to be so. We are attacking just as many nations as Germany at the start of WW2.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Putin has said he would be prepared to engage Syria, through the U.N. if it is proven that the government used the chemical weapons...

What's the rush Obama? Present your evidence, get Russia on OUR side and sort the problem out that way...

Wait? You have evidence but it is secret? Erm... ok...

Try as much as I can not to get worried over this, I truely believe the U.S.A or I should say Obama and his cronies are massively miscalculating on this one, I genuinely believe that if the US strikes Syria it will be the begining of a snowball effect that we can't stop.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

To hasty. Desperate almost.
Desperate for war
Or
Desperate to flee US?
There is a thread rwgarding a certain drill and event on coast dont know how true thoigh.
What is the rush here I dont understand. Desperate almost.
edit on 4-9-2013 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

SOMEONE in Syria has used chemical weapons. That is undoubtly a war crime. And they should be held accountable.

However, this does NOT give USA the right to act like judge, jury and executioner.

The UN was set up in the aftermath of WW2 to allow for a forum and safeguard against the chances of WW3 from occurring

ANY military action on an issue of this magnitude should be put to the UN security council and voted upon there.

Obama risks being a war criminal himself if he does not take this sensible and statesman like course of action.

Excellent, excellent points OP.

What more needs to be said ?!

S & F for you !

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I'd say the "rush" involves oil, natural gas,and lines of supply through the region.
If one more person tells me "it's about the children" I swear I will smack them!
Also about who can prove they are STILL the biggest, baddest wolves in the valley...

Ego.

We cannot afford this chit.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Reading the news and this made me cry. The war in Syria is horrendous and I am horrified at what is happening. I for one think this needs a vote at the UN Security Council once the Inspectors have presented their findings. As I posted earlier. However this story really had me in tears, the refugees fleeing the warfare and the plight of one boy who lost his hearing aid in having to leave in the rush to flee the fighting. I can fully understand what it is like not to have your hearing aid. I am deaf myself and without my hearing aid I would be lost too. Obama is deaf to the suffering that WW3 will cause. I also will lose my ability to communicate if my supplies of batteries etc are halted if we are all bombed back to the stone age. I am glad I donate to the Red Cross. I hope my donations helps pay for a new hearing aid for this poor boy.

news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
To avoid the war, the motivations for it needs to be addressed. Sure going through the UN security council is the most responsible way to address the issues of chemical weapons, so why is it not being done? Firstly the UN has not finished it's investigations, from what I have seen so far there is more evidence implicating the rebels than Assad, but it is all still ongoing.

So if Obama does know his sources of evidence is fraud, then he does need to strike before the UN can finally work through the web of lies, develop a clear understanding of the situation and form a global consensus on the information. The clock is ticking for him now, the longer it takes to get this next war started, the greater the chance the international community has in to waking up to the real problems.

So what are the real problems, could it be something as simple as mercury, GMO or some other type of poisoning that is making those pushing for war as mad as a hatter? Is the role of US president just too much for any individual to do properly? With so much going on no one knows it all. Obama is defiantly confused when he talks about international responsibility, but ignores the UN.

With the forces behind 9/11 still at play, this is the problem that sets of my warning light.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Syria And How To AVOID World War 3

The same way you avoid being mugged
when they have already pulled a knife.

You kick em in the nuts.

Mike

edit on 5-9-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join