It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia releases key findings on chemical attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

what it just means war is on and stalemate then don't you think?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
In the meanwhile, here's what Reuters reported yesterday...

(Reuters) - A Syrian forensic medicine expert with evidence that President Bashar al-Assad's administration used chemical weapons in an attack near Aleppo in March has defected to Turkey, the opposition said on Tuesday.

Abdeltawwab Shahrour, head of the forensic medicine committee in Aleppo, would make public his evidence of the March 19 chemical attack in Khan al-Assal, Istanbul-based opposition coalition spokeswoman Sarah Karkour said.

Shahrour had documents proving that a chemical weapons attack took place and eye-witness accounts from police authorities that contradicted the administration's version of events, a second opposition official said.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

in theory, if both sides are using chems, then, perhaps, the US will back off of any attack on the Syrian government.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

well, they are acknowledging live now in the hearing that jihadists are coming in globally and there is a very complicated situation in Syria, I think they are fully aware already both sides are using them and still going in!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i was watching a report on CNN the other night, i hate that network but was surfing the channels cause it was a ________ night for any good tv.

any way they were showing one of the supposed videos of the chemical attack, and they show what was claimed to be a storage area, for chemical weapons.

now the thing about this was this was, they made out like this was a Syrian Army area. they show a bunch of plastic 5 gallon containers, with rags stuffed in the spouts, just hap haphazardly sitting all around on the floor. and the room was just like a shack with a dirt floor.

now i'm no expert on the Syrian Army and have no clue as to how they might handle chemical weapons. but in my mind a trained military is not going to handle something as deadly as this by putting it in a plastic jug and stuff a rag in the spout to seal it.

that seems to be something a rag tag bunch of not so bright jihadist would do not knowing how unsafe that is.
edit on 4-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I understand your point, but I can say from living in Algeria, you should see the military camp conditions here. Garbage, sandbags, and cement blocks, dingy conditions. They don't have the raw materials that 1st world countries have, and their lifestyle and military bases reflect that.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It will come out that both sides are using them. Which means all chemical location will be bombed to keep both sides from using them. Which in turn means boots on the ground to make sure. The USA and Russia just played the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

I just heard Dempsey say in the hearing its iimpossible to bomb all the chemical weapons sites.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

the strike he says is only intended to send Assad a message that chemicals weapons against innocence is not acceptable, so it's really defeating the purpose then isn't it? This is insane.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I say to you don't give up hope or else you are asking for more, be strong!

I would love to be the change I want to see, but at present there isn't much any of us can really do. We all are going to have to wait for election time to cast our votes.

The "system" isn't broken, but the American people are.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Sounds a bit like the 80's version of afghanistan only, this time, instead of the US covertly aiding the mujhadeen to fight the Russian occupier, it's the US overtly attacking the government as a source of support for the mujhadeen. Back then, our government was fighting the russians but, instead of using our own men and weaponry, we used the mujhadeen and arms made by Israel and a few other nations. This time around, we will fight Syria who will be backed and armed by Russia, and possibly China, Iran and who knows who else. In the end, we will wind up broker than we are now, battered and bruised and our so called ally, the rebel forces, will, eventually, attack us because, in the end, that's what they always end up doing.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The key points of the report have been given as follows:

• the shell used in the incident “does not belong to the standard ammunition of the Syrian army and was crudely according to type and parameters of the rocket-propelled unguided missiles manufactured in the north of Syria by the so-called Bashair al-Nasr brigade”;

• RDX, which is also known as hexogen or cyclonite, was used as the bursting charge for the shell, and it is “not used in standard chemical munitions”;

• soil and shell samples contain “the non-industrially synthesized nerve agent sarin and diisopropylfluorophosphate,” which was “used by Western states for producing chemical weapons during World War II.”

more info from RT

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

You nailed it.

And not only will the rebel forces end up fighting against us in the end, but we'll be having congressional hearings about how we have to hit them because they are the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda and they want to bring in Sharia as they set off terrorist attacks in Israel and Turkey.

I swear DC has lost their mind with this. Really. I think they have all snapped or something.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

It's Russia. It may be true. It may not be. I simply can't trust any of these folks anymore.
This whole thing is out of control. It's a mess. And the people involved are INSANE.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If they don't get what they want, TPTB will do what they gotta do. And we alllllll know what that means.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Not surprised, since it looks like Russia has been blaming the rebels for the March 19th attack since....March 19th.

No Western governments or international organizations confirmed a chemical attack in Syria, but Russia, an ally of Damascus, accused rebels of carrying out such a strike.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

You know Mr. C... I never thought I'd look back on the post 9/11 days as the good ol' days. But it's increasingly likely that's going to be the case.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is not the recent use by Assad. This is from the rebels using old WWII shells as IEDs and they did not know what the shells contained. The chemical weapons shell did not spread toxic gas because the shell had to be launched in order to mix to be toxic gas. It was stupidity on the part of rebels who did not have weapons to fight and used anything they could find as a weapon.

The recent attack was done properly with military training on how to use and launch the projectile to create a toxic gas. Proven simply by the mass killing that took place. Only ones trained to do it and with the proper equipment to do it. Syrian Military.
edit on 4-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

That's a wild description of how some are handling the precursor chemicals to the weapons. I guess it's worth noting that the precurors aren't deadly in the way the finished warhead is, but it's all relative right? That's a very sloppy and reckless way to handle the most dangerous substances man has ever made or improved from nature.

Almost like the sloppy, mickey mouse way they stuff a cute bunny into an incubator to form a gas chamber and tested their ..ahem.. SARIN. They taped that one themselves, to remove any question of doubt as to who did the dirty deed and I'll bet you recall watching it as well as I do. That is the only ABSOLUTE proof I am aware of yet, for this conflict, for the use of Chem weapons where the side using them is 100% known.

Assad would be a fool to use one or more pitiful little Sarin warheads. It makes NO sense. He could have killed every single living organism in the whole sector of the city by simply changing which rockets were in the launcher. Nothing more. A different color band on the warhead and it wouldn't have been over 1,000 dead and/or wounded. It would have been 10,000 or many more, depending on wind direction. That is what VX gas does. Unlike the rebels, Assad DOES have the real thing to use. When the Rebels have ONE weapon. Just ONE. EVER...which they hold and DO NOT use at the first opportunity? I'll believe they CAN. Until then? They use what they get and their history shows it without question.

If Assad ever uses chems like he means it? He'll die for it. No question in my mind there, or his, I'm sure. For that reason, I believe, he will never be half way about it or play games. If he uses them in a way to fight? We'll see the end of the MAJORITY of the FSA inside 60 minutes. Maybe less. Assad knows where they are. He has the weapons to erase them like a poop stain on a toddlers shorts. He only needs to choose to do it......and accept his own death in the bargain.

^^^ That is why I agree with Russia, as unlikely a pairing as that may EVER be in this world, and say I believe rebels did the dirty deed ... UNLESS....Assad had covert operatives do it half ass to set up the FSA. THAT is possible.....but highly unlikely for precisely the reason we're watching happen. The odds they would be blamed over him, even when I think they DID do it, are slim to none.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Poor excuse. Why would Assad release a weapon large enough to kill himself. The rebels he gassed were to close to use something large. But his military does have the training to use the right size weapon for the job they wanted to do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join