It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia releases key findings on chemical attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just out from RT (Russia Today)

Details to follow

Probes from Khan al-Assal show chemicals used in the March 19 attack did not belong to standard Syrian army ammunition, and that the shell carrying the substance was similar to those made by a rebel fighter group, the Russian Foreign Ministry stated.

RT- News - chemical weapons belong to the rebels

Sorry if already posted but this is hot

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....who would believe it....

Didn't they do this about 5 months ago aswell........

Iraq had WMD's.....

Now, Assad is using chemical weapons...

I feel sorry for the mothers of the sons on both sides who will die because of this....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Did we expect anything but the contrary from Russia, regardless of validity?

Its a shame the lack of consensus on this issue will just result in more Syrian dead, whether it be from chemical attacks or tomahawk missiles.

Still stand by the argument that no-involvement is better than anything that has been proposed.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

This is Major news...... Most of us knew this anyway. This needs as much attention as possible.
Any other news agencies running the story?

+39 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
in the end, we'll learn that both sides are using them and, honestly, the Al-Qaeda backed rebels having access to chemical weapons is worse than the Syrian Gov't but, of course, we'll support the rebels and at some point down the road, when Al-Qaeda backed terrorists use chemical weapons in an attack against one of the countries that supported them, we'll all sit back, like those post 9/11 days, scratch our heads and wonder "how the hell did that happen?"

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

im struggling to find any further info...

RT is Russia's CNN...so basically they are the same

in fct it seems to me RT is already throwing up water..

Russia releases key findings on chemical attack near Aleppo indicating similarity with rebel-made weapons

INDICATING??...so nothing conclusive..

it must be the constant pressure these time are bringing but it seems every one is jumping to conlusions..

any 1 like me can see the poker game going on here by the major countries

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
US of Angry will never accept this evidence.
War is coming. R.i.p one of the last free countries Syria...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Today Putin said the UN should decide what to do, so what if the UN believe Russia's evidence rather then the West's non existent evidence and decide that the rebels are the ones that should be bombed.

Time for my tablets again.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Will some mainstream AMERICAN news outlet please pick up on some of these stories? Most people I talk to think the rebels are the bad guys. Most don't want to get involved, but don't care enough to say/do anything.

Everyone's tired.

No one has the energy to stand up and say, "Hey! Wait a minute..."

Also, everyone realizes that the gov. is going to do whatever it wants regardless of what the American people think. There will be no protesting, there will be no petitions.

The fluoride in the water combined with 10+ years of war has weakened the American public's will to fight back against the dehumanizing treatment of it's government.

People are hopeless, apathetic, cynical and tired. Americans are to poor right now, the economy sucks. Americans only care about Americans. No one in the USA cares about a bunch of "brown people" in "some sandbox" halfway around the world. Americans are some of the least "worldly" and least traveled people in the 1st world.

It's sad, and it's pathetic. We might as well be those humans from Wall-e.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
RT is the only source I can find ...

2nd Line : RT Only

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
SO bets are open, will Congress vote Yes to an attack and will this take place before the G20 starting tomorrow, or will congress delay and start the bombing after the G20.

Either way, Obama is Never gonna accept Putin's evidence. I'v been listening to Obama, then yesterday Kerry, now again listening live, no one wants to lose face because its all about credibility now.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
new info guys :

But the samples taken at the site of the March 19 attack and analyzed by Russian experts indicate that a projectile carrying the deadly nerve agent sarin was most likely fired at Khan al-Assal by the rebels, the ministry statement suggests, outlining the 100-page report handed over to the UN by Russia.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So the shell was locally made then? I wished they released a little more info about this shell!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
and Russians are referring to the March 19 attack

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Isn't that what Assad wanted them to say? Here's a quote from an interview with Assad dated Sept. 2nd....

During the last few weeks, we have worked with the Commission and set the guidelines for cooperation. First of these, is that our national sovereignty is a red line and as such the Commission will directly liaise with us during the process. Second, the issue is not only how the investigation will be conducted but also how the results will be interpreted. We are all aware that instead of being interpreted in an objective manner, these results could easily be interpreted according to the requirements and agendas of certain major countries. Certainly, we expect Russia to block any interpretation that aims to serve American and western policies.

- See more at: www.zengardner.com...

edit on 4-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I say to you don't give up hope or else you are asking for more, be strong!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
outlining the 100-page report handed over to the UN by Russia.

this info was in russia's hands for months..

they knew this hand is ours..and wanted the US to fold in front of the world

edit on 4-9-2013 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'm confused, this is from the earlier attack not the august 21st attack, which is not the attack in question right now so how is this evidence going to change anything?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

i think its a good situation for every bail out from this hot soup

so

March Attack = Russia got evidence rebels had the weapon
August Attack = USA got evidence the assad regime got the weapon

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I think this article also relates to the March attack. BBC report with UN inspector Del Ponte saying she thinks the rebels were responsable
LINKY

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join