It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain, the Chief War Monger, Abandons Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I really wish we could just round up all of the government officials and say, "If you want to do something about Syria, here's a plane ticket and a gun, go knock yourselves out."

Of course, not an assault weapon or anything with a magazine larger than 10 rounds, though. Those are bad, m'kay.
edit on 4-9-2013 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Everyone seems to have this all wrong. McCain wants action, just not this particular type. In fact he wants more action and bloodshed.

"There are a number of people who are unhappy," McCain told reporters on Capitol Hill. Asked if he supported the measure, McCain said, "In its current form, I do not."

McCain reportedly wants more than cruise missile strikes and "limited" action; he wants to tilt the direction of the civil war. He has, though, said he doesn't want combat troops on the ground in Syria.

McCain opposes Syria strike resolution

Not saying that I agree with him, because I don't. I am just reporting the facts. And yeah maybe he is getting a touch of dementia...

edit on 4-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am totally against our involvement in Syriabut I do agree with McCain that if we are going to war that full out war is only way it works. Limited just means drawn out, heavy loses and lots of p9litical theatre

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

And what does that say about us? The people who voted these fools into office?

It tells me that people need to start taking elections more seriously instead of treating it like VMAs.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Bassago
I would like to hear from some of ATS members what they think of Senator McCain and why they allow him to remain in office.

*crickets*
I don't know if there are any provisions for removing a senator if they go insane.

IMHO his actions prove it ... but you know what I mean. An official diagnosis ....

People throw about statements like "he's nuts" or "you're insane" all the time but unfortunate this time I believe this is absolutely correct. John McCain appears to be clinically insane.

Normally I love crickets. In this case not so much.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

I wouldn't be surprised if he was directed to do this in order to make the proposal seem acceptable. People will be more likely to accept it when it is contrasted by something more extreme. He is obviously an important puppet at the top of our government and may just be playing his part.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Indeed, posted this as well. Its part of the theater to give the impression it hasn't been decided yet.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell

Pelosi sought advice form someone smarter than her

Her five year old niece!

Yea! I know!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Btw does anyone know when the vote will take place?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

And what does that say about us? The people who voted these fools into office?

It tells me that people need to start taking elections more seriously instead of treating it like VMAs.

I didn't do it.

treating it like VMAs

I hear ya!

But I don't trust any of them, some seem like good candidates until they get to Washington and then they change, what happens there?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He needs a long walk off a short pier.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

"If you want to do something about Syria, here's a plane ticket and a gun, go knock yourselves out."

Amen

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Did you see him snickering during Rand Paul's questioning of Kerry during the Senate hearing:

If he had been put in office we might have ended up with something like this:

I agree. He's nuts. Snapped. What the deuce??!!

edit on 9/4/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Kerry, Dempsey And Hagel Move "Syria Pitch" To 'The House' - Live Webcast

Live feed

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yeah McCain always said he wanted more to be done from the beginning, he supports an attack on Syria just not a limited attack ..

But what does he know about what's going on anyway? he was too busy playing poker on his iphone during the hearing

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Btw does anyone know when the vote will take place?

It should (il)logically be today late afternoon, because it'll also be
six hours ahead in Syria. And there's a new moon tonight...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

McCain is like vomit.

google Songbird McCain.. truly sickening

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Obama never seemed like a good candidate to me ever- he was always too in experienced and corrupt even then(IMO).
Kerry was always (IMO) a scumbag.
McCain got my vote at the end because I saw much danger in an Obama presidency- But at the same time- My eyes and ears didnt judge McCain as hard as I did Obama because unlike Obama-McCain had a record(and a sob story) to which I gave him more credibility to give him my vote.

I was wrong-McCain isnt the man I thought he was- And it may be one of the very few things I will ever regret doing(I dont believe in regrets) but this time I do. I wish I could take back the vote I gave him- and the support he recieved from me. Im sure many feel the same.

That all said- I think what needs to change in all reality- is the vetting process of these candidates- their entire lives and records should be put out there for the public to see if they plan on representing anyone other than themselves. Its the only way WE THE PEOPLE can know exactly who and what we are voting for(Especially the uninformed masses).

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

I had the same thought. And It's Rosh Hashanah as well. Jewish New Year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/4/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: added link

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Damn.. what a lunatic? One bomb or one bullet is too much participatio in this war in my opinion, but when I heard 90 days I was like.. thats a long time. Three months of cruise missiles? Then here comes this guysaying it needs to be longer? At his age he may not see the end of it, but I guess he could go easier knowing people are dying as per his wishes?

Seriously though, its about Iran. He wants to make sure Syria lasts long enough to drag Iran in. Trust me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join