It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying for your country

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I was listening to the radio this morning, and someone said that they would die for their country, just not overseas. That had me thinking. How many of you would fight for your country?

Say some foreign invader was to invade the USA. We had to pull troops from other country to fight right here, how many would enlist? I for one would. I would defend this country with my life, not for my government, but for the people.

So there is the question, Im curious how many would fight right here.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

It depends on who was invading us. If North Korea was knocking at our door, I'd pick up some pew-pews but if it were Norway or Canada... I think I'd defect.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I think every one would in what ever way they could. At least here in the UK.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

the only thing i would die for is my children my family i would not die for my country

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ok, but if we were being invaded, why would we have to enlist, to fight for our country?
I could actually see many people, militia's and whatnot, fighting for our country without joining a military branch.
After all, if they are on our soil, shooting at my family members, I'm going to raise my gun.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Ok, but if we were being invaded, why would we have to enlist, to fight for our country?
I could actually see many people, militia's and whatnot, fighting for our country without joining a military branch.
After all, if they are on our soil, shooting at my family members, I'm going to raise my gun.

Yeah cause a bunch of untrained ,undisaplined, unorganised bunch of rednecks would last 5 minutes

Carry on with your redawn fantasy....

In the real world even paramilitary organisations have some sort of training and organisation.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
No question about it....Dying for your Country is the least one can do, if only to fight for the safety of the family and friends. Enlisted or or not, the sacrifice and the objective is the same !

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1
I was listening to the radio this morning, and someone said that they would die for their country, just not overseas. That had me thinking. How many of you would fight for your country?

Say some foreign invader was to invade the USA. We had to pull troops from other country to fight right here, how many would enlist? I for one would. I would defend this country with my life, not for my government, but for the people.

So there is the question, Im curious how many would fight right here.

Id gladly die in defense of US soil, Id much rather make the other guy die for his though in the attempt.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by chiefsmom

Yeah cause a bunch of untrained ,undisaplined, unorganised bunch of rednecks would last 5 minutes

Carry on with your redawn fantasy....

In the real world even paramilitary organisations have some sort of training and organisation.

"Yeah cause a bunch of untrained ,undisaplined, unorganised bunch of rednecks would last 5 minutes"-
Every british general Revolutionary war.
edit on 4-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Yeah cause a bunch of untrained ,undisaplined, unorganised bunch of rednecks would last 5 minutes.

Heck, they'd be the best ones standing.

They also wouldn't be bound by military rules of engagement and could fight backwoods-style.

My money is on them. Don't be dissing rednecks now, they know more about survival and weaponry than all of us put together.

And I am not sure, to answer the OP's question. My first and foremost priority is my child. I'd probably just try to help in a behind-the-scenes type of way. And I would never, ever enlist. The military wouldn't take me anyways! LOL!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
As much as we all like to bitch and moan about our own governments I reckon all of us would die for our country, especially the ATS'ers because we are here because we care about the state of our nations.

If Australia was invaded I would move heaven and earth to get myself to the front lines, as most of you would if your prospective countries were invaded.

However the problem arises when it comes to invading another country simply for their mineral wealth. Again we are all here because of our disapproval of destabilizing a sovereign nation and engineering global propaganda to justify an invasion, and then killing or being killed so a fat F'n politician can have his F'n oil.

I bet they don't send their own children over seas to make the supreme sacrifice.

But they don't have a problem If thousands of other people (on both sides) are slaughtered so their children can have a slightly better standard of living, while still being totally ignorant to the price which was paid to achieve it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by crazyewok

Yeah cause a bunch of untrained ,undisaplined, unorganised bunch of rednecks would last 5 minutes.

Heck, they'd be the best ones standing.

They also wouldn't be bound by military rules of engagement and could fight backwoods-style.

My money is on them. Don't be dissing rednecks now, they know more about survival and weaponry than all of us put together.

And I am not sure, to answer the OP's question. My first and foremost priority is my child. I'd probably just try to help in a behind-the-scenes type of way. And I would never, ever enlist. The military wouldn't take me anyways! LOL!

Not to mention many of them rednecks, fought for this country, a very patriotic bunch, worst thing to face is a trained redneck in the woods fighting for his home.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Err they wernt undisaplined unorganised rednecks.

The bulk of the fighting was done with orgnanised forced with trained officers regularly supllied with french equioment. Even the irregular forces mostly had regular officer detached to them or were made up of vetrans.
And organised in some way.

Psssst the film the patriot was utter BS

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Err they wernt undisaplined unorganised rednecks.

The bulk of the fighting was done with orgnanised forced with trained officers regularly supllied with french equioment. Even the irregular forces mostly had regular officer detached to them or were made up of vetrans.
And organised in some way.

Psssst the film the patriot was utter BS

And how many veterans do you think are peppered through out this country who would not rally for home and country?

What do you think would happen if the US was invaded, every small town war hero would be leading a brigade of armed "red necks" to fight for their home.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I live in the highest gun carrying nation on the planet. If a foriegn adversary is stupid enough to put boots on the ground in America then go ahead and bring it.

Rednecks aren't a laughing matter around here. I know many good ole boys that would die fighting for their land and families. Myself included.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

"The objective to war is not dying for your country. It's to make the dumb son-of-a-bitch die for his."
-General George S. Patton

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I was in the US Army for five years so I am indeed willing to fight for my country.
That being said ... I would try to make damn sure that the enemy died for THEIR country
and that I didn't have to die for mine.

BTW .. going to syria and dying isn't dying for America. It's dying for idiots in DC.
That's different.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I live in the highest gun carrying nation on the planet. If a foriegn adversary is stupid enough to put boots on the ground in America then go ahead and bring it.

Rednecks aren't a laughing matter around here. I know many good ole boys that would die fighting for their land and families. Myself included.

Hitler himself knew an Invasion of the US would fail because "there would be a sniper in every bush"

I don't even consider myself a Collector or Gun nut but I even have a few spares around, a lifetime in "gun" culture accumulates guns, Ive had guns willed to me and such.

Imagine the crazy rednecks who are hoping and praying for such a day, better armed than most countries soldiers.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yeah unless they have proper equioment and training a helicopter gun ship would make very short work of them.

They would need exprianced leaders , a good and regular supply of heavy equipment and some higher orginisation/ planning.

You cant run about in the words with you buddies and a few guns and expect to get anywere.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Yeah unless they have proper equioment and training a helicopter gun ship would make very short work of them.

They would need exprianced leaders , a good and regular supply of heavy equipment and some higher orginisation/ planning.

You cant run about in the words with you buddies and a few guns and expect to get anywere.

What do you think the US army turns out? The average US solider is better trained and equipped than any army, each soldier is capable of leading his unit.

The US has been at war longer than I can remember, I myself can think of 5 buddies who have served in active duty.

Any army marching on US soil would face hardened veterans leading their fellow citizens, you would have to become a War Criminal to invade the US.

Chemical, Biological, Nuclear, just to soften the civilians alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join