It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking her out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sorry to bug you guys again, but now I need your help one last time. I'm going to ask the girl I've been hanging out with all week to be my girlfriend. But I don't want to just ask her "do you wanna be my girlfriend?" cause that's a little tacky. I was going to ask her in French, because she's fluent in it, but I cant pronounce "serez-vous ma petite amie?" because I've never taken French. So, if anyone knows how to pronounce that or has any ideas how to ask a girl out in an original way, or even if you have a story of and idea, that would help. Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Find something that sounds funny that looks like that, then figure out how to pronounce that, then she'd be like "You just asked me to be your smelling fish" or whatever, then you be like "Oh #, I was trying to ask you out."

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I totally thought of that, but I don't know French so I don't know anything that sounds like that. Great minds think alike I guess.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't think you need to say anything so obvious. Take her out a few times, be with her, talk with her. It will all happen naturally.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
We've already been out more than a few times, and kissed too, but now I know she wants me to ask her, I just need a creative way to do it. I don't want it to be boring.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
the historically minded Pisky suggests that you give her a posey ring, then explain what it means ... I'm sure she will find it romantic.

VOUS ET NUL AUTRE � This early 15th century original can be found at the Victoria & Albert Museum, London England. The original ring was engraved in Gothic script in French, �vous et nul autre,� meaning, �you and no other." French remained the language of nobility until the late Medieval period. Inscribed decorations and foliate patterns surround the lettering.

If you choose to do so, may I suggest that you look in Ebay for reasonably priced rings - some of the ones on the net are rather excessive in price, but Ebay have some good ones.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That's a good idea, but I dont have time for ebay because I am definitely asking her by Monday, I'll probably get the ring for an anniversary gift...but if I have no good ideas by Monday, I'm gonna use the cliche line of "will you be my girlfriend?" even though I think she deserves better.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
ROMANCE!!!!

Why not take her for a nice walk, Give her some flowers with a little card saying all the things you love about her,

Tell her that you would love to share you days with her, that you would love to hold her and be there for her,

think of that kind of thing, something that you both will remember ect

some times simple can be the best way

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Perfect idea, Asala. Nice and simple. You don't always need wining and dining, sometimes a peaceful walk on a nice day is much better.
I like the ring idea too, Pisky, but I think that should wait for another day, maybe when they are officially a couple. (Thinking birthday or Christmas for this one).

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
Sorry to bug you guys again, but now I need your help one last time. I'm going to ask the girl I've been hanging out with all week to be my girlfriend. But I don't want to just ask her "do you wanna be my girlfriend?" cause that's a little tacky. I was going to ask her in French, because she's fluent in it, but I cant pronounce "serez-vous ma petite amie?" because I've never taken French. So, if anyone knows how to pronounce that or has any ideas how to ask a girl out in an original way, or even if you have a story of and idea, that would help. Thanks again.

Hey Tenacious, Since no one here is ponying up to help you with your original request, you may turn to me the resident linguistics Ninja.

What you are trying to say, may be pronounced like this phoenetically.

sair-ay voo, ma pe-tee ah-me?

This from the guy who can greet in 34 languages, ADHDsux4me.

Roughly translated, it means "Would you like to be, my little love?"

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I was going to ask her in French

Just say...

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Just say...

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?

Gazrok, your age is showing, but thanks for finally clearing up what the hell they were saying in that song. Are you feeling nostalgic? Are you gonna throw on some old leisure suits and polyester??

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Now, follow this closely.

You need to sing.

Sing "You've lost that loving feeling."

Bound to work.

If that fails, though, just say

"Hey, wanna root?"

Bound to work.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Gazrok, your age is showing,

Not really, the song was remade recently...Destiny's Child and Lady Marmalade...

By the way, for anyone who doesn't know, it's French for Are you going to sleep with me tonight?

top topics

join