It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Obama: US Will Help Rebels To Defeat Assad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So, does anyone else think they'll give the weapons back after Assad is taken out?

It's painfully obvious from history that these "rebels" and any weapons we supply will eventually be turned and used against us in the future.

edit on 3-9-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
it should be apparent to anyone at this point that obama and our elected officials support terrorism globally which is why he and they, don't mind going to war with their al ciada buddies who did such a great job on 911.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Why are we fighting europes wars for them?
I'm getting tired of it.

Mr. Assad must of done something bad that they want him out.

Europes war? Surely you jest?

It's actually Israels war, or more accurately, ANOTHER of Israels wars. This has nothing to do with Europe but everything to do with Israel and their poodles in the US political system, as well as those heads of some European states.

Well it was just a few years ago that Israel was being attacked by Hezbollah with rockets full of ball bearings. Rockets that came through Syria from Iran. Israel had to invade Lebanon. Hezbollah was given protection within the Syrian boarder. It was clear then that Assad and his Iranian proxy war had to go.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

But they have been limited. Remember they refused half the rebel forces calling them terrorist. Taking out secured supply lines of the Syrian army will force them to unsecured roads where weapons can be collected and given to the rebel forces the US and Turkey refused to arm. That will allow the rebels to over throw Assad.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Such Change (in which we all can believe in)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Why are we fighting europes wars for them?
I'm getting tired of it.

Mr. Assad must of done something bad that they want him out.

Europes war? Surely you jest?

It's actually Israels war, or more accurately, ANOTHER of Israels wars. This has nothing to do with Europe but everything to do with Israel and their poodles in the US political system, as well as those heads of some European states.

Syria is more important to Europe's oil/gas supply than it is to the USA. This is why it would be considered "Europe's war".

It all boils down to resources and being able to get those resources to market. Try imagining a world without oil.

Look around you right now, all the plastics you see would disappear. All they synthetic clothing and carpets would be gone. Just about everything manufactured has SOME petrochemical component in it.

The USA also wants to secure permanent bases all around Iran in preparation for a war. If you're joining the military right now, there's a chance you might be called to fight Iran in the next 4 years.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

Well we are letting Turkey lead us into this instead of Israel.

www.thegctf.org...

The GCTF consists of a strategic-level Coordinating Committee, co-chaired initially by Turkey and the United States for two years until 2013; two thematic and three regional expert-driven Working Groups; and a small Administrative Unit. The initial Working Groups and their co-chairs are: Countering Violent Extremism (United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom), Criminal Justice and the Rule of Law (Egypt and United States), Horn of Africa Region Capacity Building (European Union and Turkey), Sahel Region Capacity Building (Algeria and Canada), and Southeast Asia Capacity Building (Australia and Indonesia).

I guess it worked so good in Egypt right. And just think. "Criminal Justice and the Rule of Law (Egypt and United States)" was done when Egypt had no government because it was over thrown. Afterwards they ended up with the California Professor becoming President and then he was over thrown.
edit on 3-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I agree... That is what I think they will do, as well. It is a typical military tactic and it leaves US in a position to step away from the problem much easier and let the rebels do the rest of the dirty work. I'm sure they will all be sitting down in the 'situation room' watching it all unfold while cracking open a nice cold beer and playing cards...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That last overthrow wasn't planned (I think) but yes almost all leaders follow the same classes/universities.
Don't got it on hand right now, but there is a big list of world leaders which followed all the same course which where/are being steamrolled for doing the job where we think we just elect these guys.
Everything is basicly controlled, hence the reason for this big (screwed up) plan for the middle east yes.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 3-9-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Nobody on here should be surprised. It really is another regime change arabian adventure, as suspected. The reason for which were nailed by FlyersFan a few days ago.

Too bad if you're a Syrian Alawite or Christian, sucks to be you.

I get more and more glad the UK didn't board this train as the days go by. Though the media and various warmongers here are trying hard to push us on to it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I had the thought immediately upon hearing the story of the Israeli exercises, of the USS Liberty incident.

At any rate why would Israel support the overthrow at the risk of allowing radicals to take over the country? Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Logarock

But they have been limited. Remember they refused half the rebel forces calling them terrorist. Taking out secured supply lines of the Syrian army will force them to unsecured roads where weapons can be collected and given to the rebel forces the US and Turkey refused to arm. That will allow the rebels to over throw Assad.

British intel is saying that it is the radical sect that has all the good weapons already. This may be the case but I am hesitant to believe it.

My thought is that all the good stuff is going to a known quality and that the "terrorists" are the ones scrounging for weapons. They are having an effect in the overall war but in the end will not be the controlling force.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join