It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Canada 898 squawking Hijack/Military Intercept Request - Link

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
ok well there are airports in Greenland..
en.wikipedia.org...
hoping for the best.
edit on 2-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The pilot was considering just buying a miniture, instead he opted for a micky? Then he headed for the bathroom to down it

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

all2human
en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if the plane was circling waiting to see what to do. Should it go back should it continue. If there was a problem on board they could have definitely been told to cut the trip short. I didn't realize there were airports there. Sometimes I feel grossly uninformed.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Seems like they could have landed at Tasiilaq airport.
Although with the feed cut we can't be sure right now.
They are either still flying, landed, or (hopefully not) crashed.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

The only one they could have gone to though is Nuuk airport, and they seemed well past that before it disappeared.
Here is a link to one the pictures i mentioned earlier...
Ac 898 Picture
edit on 2-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

You're right. Tasiilaq seems to be a heliport, not a very good place to land a jumbo jet...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Wouldn't flying higher and faster then expected affect the amount of fuel they had available to complete the trip?

Higher you go, the less fuel you burn;. when heavy you may start out at a lower altitude but you step climb when weight and winds are favorable....Fairly simple calculation with the numbers available to the crew (or) today the flight management system (FMS) does the numbers for them.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Just found it on my flightradar24 app .. Just below Iceland now at 35000 feet squawking 0000 if that helps anyone

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Just joined this and don't know how up to date these reports are. Is the plane still airborne? Sorry if I have missed something! I can't find it on Flightradar24 and latest tweets don't say anything more than possible hi jacking...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
Just found it on my flightradar24 app .. Just below Iceland now at 35000 feet squawking 0000 if that helps anyone

There is no way it got that far yet. right?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
yup
still airborn..phew
was wondering how it could have landed from 3700'

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Still airbourne just between Iceland and the Uk ... London is the destination

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

I thought it jumped kinda fast myself...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dustytoad

ThePeaceMaker

There is no way it got that far yet. right?

I could be looking at the wrong one lol I'm tracking it while trying to watch for shop lifters

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Ah.. found it, just off the East coast of Greenland. Squawk n/a.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

what's the latest on heathrow? link?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dustytoad

all2human
en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if the plane was circling waiting to see what to do. Should it go back should it continue. If there was a problem on board they could have definitely been told to cut the trip short. I didn't realize there were airports there. Sometimes I feel grossly uninformed.

I do not know any more than what I have read here...However the 7500 is not a good sign although it could have been inadvertent; however not likely with the 0000 following code.

Now...... (if) there was a disturbance in the back of the airplane that looked like it could not be handled by the cabin crew.... (if) the aircraft has not reached the point of no return then it would make sense to RTB (return to base) or the closest alternate airport...

After the initial 180 the cockpit crew gets another call that says everything in now under control...another 180 turn is made to continue on to the destination....People paid allot of money to get there etc etc..

London is a flight I would assume they would have had an international relief officer on board...(just another pilot who can fly from either seat to relieve the assigned crew). However from what I have read posted in this thread it would appear not all was settled in the back of the bus, like once thought.(just a possibility)..And god forbid one of the cockpit crew members went to the back to check it out. We used to do that all the time before 9/11..

One of the scenarios we were trained in was...There is a disturbance in the back.... Captain, after the dust settles goes back to check on passengers and crew...Unknown to the captain and other crew members the real Hijackers were seated in first class...When the secure cockpit door is opened two or more B.G.s rush the door and take over the flight...Not saying this has happened only speculating (absolute worse case scenario) with the available information at hand...Hopefully they will land safely and it will be all sorted out .....
edit on 2-9-2013 by 727Sky because: ......

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

It was just a twitter post from that feed. Officially nothing has been said by the airport itself.

If they are requesting military intervention then it would be the RAF that handled that right?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
IGNORE everything I said I've been a douche tracked the wrong one .. Found the correct one

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
For anyone having difficulty finding it - www.flightradar24.com....

Can anyone tell me where I can find live squawk codes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join