It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chickpeas: Slave-Food of the Monument Lords!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I hear you; there is nothing as satisfying as eating it right out of the blender. What's blowing my mind is how well it goes with lemon. When you check out the culinary path of the stuff, it is no surprise that the two encountered one another, I just can't believe they go so well together.

Thanks for posting,

edit on 3-9-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

While home-made is no doubt better (I've never had, but plan on making) the Sabra brands are pretty damn good. I eat their roasted garlic flavor by the...man gallon probably lol

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally Posted by BlackSnake: Nice thread op-but allow me to point something out. Any plant that is supposedly high in a mineral, do not believe it. A plant can make protein, fat sugar and vitamins. But they cannot make minerals, or the actual things on the periodic table of elements. Zinc,magnesium etc. They grab that from the ground. If the soil has any left to take. In this day and age of commercial farming with commercial fertilizers,I would be willing to bet that most plants do not have the mineral content that they used to have. Eat your chickpeas,enjoy...but make sure you take a good multi mineral.

BlackSnake: I do apologise, you are quite right about your comments re poor nutrients in soils, but I was specifically referring to the cultivation of chickpeas, didn’t explain that too well, where the ideal cultivation is a poor soil, see quote below with a link here:

Planting and Site for Chickpeas: Chickpeas need a well-drained soil with full sun. The ideal is a relatively poor soil, as high levels of nutrients encourage lush growth, prone to developing mildews and related diseases. Avoid heavy clays or shady sites. Unlike many crops chick peas don’t need a very fine seedbed and appear to germinate more readily on roughly cultivated soil.

However your assumption that my post and quote contains references to “people who live and thrive by breath alone” is incorrect. If you are referring to the practices of ‘Breatherians’ I can’t comment, not having studied it, but comments from the internet describe it as a dangerous practise.

I have posted this article here in the hope that someone will appreciate and benefit from an alternative way of consuming not only chickpeas/beans/seeds by sprouting them, whereby the nutritional content expands considerably. A no cooking method which can then be made into hummus. For those interested there’s a website here with lots of information.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Bybyots

I awake with a start, it's 2:43 a.m. and I need chickpeas.

That alone speaks volumes! Ha! I kid...

I am going to try an experiment since I am a light meat eater and enjoy humus. I used to eat those things as a kid pick them out of salad! I am curious to their effects however.

I do not however wish to crave them at nearly 3 a.m.

edit on 13-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I finally got some and tried them for the first time today....ONE WORD... YUM!
I have a new favorite!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm hooked on these things now! I am literally opening a can of them and putting them in a zip lock baggie with a little salt and eating them as snacks during the day.....FREAKIN LOVE THEM! I'm putting them in everything......I.......I....... think....I am a chickpea-aholic

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hi StealthyKat,

I totally understand. I was already a bigtime Garbanzovore, but this thread really sent me over the top. I have been eating them in one form or another sometimes more than twice a day. The mainstay being hummus and dried, sea-salted chickpeas, but also in Indian food. I would probably eat more falafel, but I haven't been up for fried stuff lately.

Anyhow, glad you are enjoying your new-found favorite legume.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I actually just soaked a huge bag of beans, and made huge batches of falafel and a big tub of hummas, of all kinds.
Froze a bunch of the falafel mix for cold winter nights.
Hummas is gone.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Buy a bag of dried beans, and make your own. Once they're soaked and boiled, you can freeze them in portions for later use.

Falafel and hummas are not hard. Food processor is a must though.

Step one, do the beans

mideastfood.about.com...

Step two, find recipes and play with them until you find one you like a lot, or mix and match.

m.foodnetwork.com...

livewellnetwork.com...

I like this one a lot. I add herbs to it though, like in the next one. I also make the yogurt sauce. Easy

livewellnetwork.com...

edit on 9/24/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Chickpeas are very yummy but...I actually have to take direct contention with this thread.

Pyramid builders shall not build on chickpeas alone.

In fact, they went through 4,000 pounds of meat a day. PER DAY!

www.lsa.umich.edu...
www.livescience.com...

And I'll put my muscles fed by meat against your muscles fed by chickpeas any day

I just got done leg pressing 1,125 pounds for 10 reps today. Before that was 1,080 pounds for 10 reps. Before that was 990 pounds for 2 sets!

MEATATARIANS! Rawr!
edit on 14-10-2013 by FreeMason because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2013 by FreeMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I through some chickpeas in with my long term survival food. Now you've made me hungry for them.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

My husband marries me... he begs for hummus and garbanzo beans...

hmmm... connection here?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join