It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Navy Senior- "I Didn't Join the Navy To Fight For Al-Qaeda in a Syrian Civil War!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Yes, but there is some other parts to it too:

""I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

That whole obeying orders thing appears to be glossed over by some. If you join the military you'd better be prepared to go to some backwater country for no obvious reason and kill some one. That's kind of what the military does.

If a solder doesn't like it they should of joined the Salvation Army instead. You can't pick and choose what orders you want to obey. If they don't like obeying orders then they chose the wrong occupation.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Jeez, we are all so gullible. First of all, we don't know that these are actual military people. They could be Syrians. Also, we don't know if they represent the majority of the military. We have a handful of people who are tired of going overseas to fight war. Happens in every generation.

It's not the American way to see kids killed without stepping in. Sure, we step in, and we step "in it," but in the long run it usually turns out better.

Our military is a little bit too small for wars, as we use it today. Funny how we decided to downsize the military before we went to war overseas. And it's idiotic to use the National Guard to do the job of the US Army. Bring back the Army and so forth.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You don't just go out and buy authentic looking military uniforms to post pics on the web...and people don't let you take them out of their closet either.... Or I would THINK they would not.

Keep stepping up. This is our country and they are the ones who get sent to die to protect it.

This is exactly the kind of cohesion we need to see.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
reply to post by jaws1975

Yes, but there is some other parts to it too:

""I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

That whole obeying orders thing appears to be glossed over by some. If you join the military you'd better be prepared to go to some backwater country for no obvious reason and kill some one. That's kind of what the military does.

If a solder doesn't like it they should of joined the Salvation Army instead. You can't pick and choose what orders you want to obey. If they don't like obeying orders then they chose the wrong occupation.

To think these people can't express how they feel is like saying in 2012 they HAD to vote for Obama because they were in the service and he was already president... and he wished to be re=elected so they had to obey him.

They can say whatever they want about how they feel on this.

If this is how an American citizen feels... they should express that if they so choose under our constitutional rights... ESPECIALLY if they are serving this country. there's no room for guilt trippin here.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Did I miss some stuff - (possibly, I dunno) - Where were these kind of people when all the Iraq stuff was going down?

ETA - There is a difference between opinion and actually disobeying orders. Should things come to the crunch I would expect these folks would probably do their jobs professionally? If not, they shouldn't have joined up.

Despite the near hysterical right wing rhetoric about the legitimacy of Obama to be president, he still is and no one has taken any steps to remove him from office, or actually come up with any proof that he shouldn't be there - as such he is still the C in C, and if the order is given to go, the military can't pick and choose whether they do or not. If these guys object so badly, its time for them to hang up their uniforms.

edit on 2/9/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by curme

I think it probably depends how confident the soldier would feel about being able to beat a court marshall. If he feels like an unconstitutional order was given, and can prove it in court then that may set a precedent. There is a real chance that many soldiers will stand down, if Obama is stupid enough to push forward on Syria.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Did I miss some stuff - (possibly, I dunno) - Where were these kind of people when all the Iraq stuff was going down?

Probably fooled like the rest of the country. 10 years, trillions of dollars, proven falsified info for going, and a lack of results has made people a bit more wise.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

www.zerohedge.com...

Well how bout dat.

I don't see how it can get any more concise than that. Nope. That truly does sum it up.

It's men like THAT we need as president. The end.
edit on Sun Sep 1st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)
No what we NEED is a mass uprising by the military and it's commanding officers, and them saying NO. we're tired of these pointless wars, that see our soldiers get killed and traumatized. enough is enough

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigburgh
He has to follow orders or face court marshal. In fact if he's identified by this photo he'll be court marshaled. It one of the standing general orders shoot first don't ask questions. BLIND OBEDIENCE. it actually took brass huevos to do this. He could just quit but that may be grounds for a.w.o.l. and he goes to jail.
edit on 1-9-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

You don't know much about the military do you? Nothing in this photo goes against the military code. A soldier can refuse any order that goes against both the Constitution and the Geneva convention.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
Now all we need is about one million more who feel like him!

All it takes is a few, at the right place with the right equipment.

To wit: I present you with 9/11, followed by the utter destruction of the Constitution, the looting of our treasury and assets.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If they are in fact going to re-join forces with Al-Qaeda or the Taliban, or the muslim brotherhood. Then I don't want to ever hear Fox News, CNN, MSNBC or the like go on about the scary this "Al Qaeda threat, or the scary that Taliban terrorist. This should settle it for good and finally that Alaeda is an ally and an asset to the West just like in the early years.

Subsequently this turn of events further helps to prove how much of a propaganda parade the 9/11 campaign was. "Oooooo, the scary Al Qaeda terrorists....." Look at them now.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If you want to see the future of America just look to the east. All this policing the world is going to drag us down to the brink of our own destruction.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigburgh
Chief gunners mate. Tell from the cross bars. Rank E7

And wears glasses.

And if you're good enough you can measure the apparent size of parts of his body and compare it to the 18x11 inch paper he's showing. Thus you could even deduce his height.

edit on 2-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Edit : Buster sumed it up quite succinctly...

Originally posted by curme
An unlawful order is something that would violate the UCMJ. If your Sgt orders you to beat your wife or something.

Well obviously so ( since that is a crime anyways and you can not be ordered to commit a crime) and that is why under the formally adopted Geneva conventions taking part in a war of aggression IS a war crime in itself; every person that steps over another countries national boundary without UN sanction is by definition a war criminal. Partaking then in older/original war crimes may set you apart by degree but in theory you are still subject to whatever sanction the UN might issue. Luckily the main enforcement tool of the UN happens to to be the US armed forces so when the US acts against the UN they are really caught in a impossible situation hence the mess we are in.

When the Commander in Chief tells you to go to war, that's not an unlawful order, that's your job. In fact, that is the primary duty of the military, to fight wars.

When you cross a foreign nations border without UN sanction ( or in my opinion even with such sanction ) you are partaking in a war crime as established after the second world war. The pre-eminent war crime is aggressive war in itself as most of the rest stems form it.

After you sign on the dotted line is not the time to decide you are not keen on the whole "kill who to are told to" thing.

You may always disobey an order when it is unlawful. In fact it is unlawful to accept an unlawful order and in theory you can only be prosecuted for the second. The fact that people are practically always prosecuted for the first tells you much about the state of the world and the respect national entities seem to have for one of the best founded sets of principles humanity has yet come up with.

Anyways!

Stellar
edit on 2-9-2013 by StellarX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Same guy in different fake uniforms. Obviously

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

The United States has turned a blind eye to human rights violations for way, way too long. I hope congress endorses a limited strike on military targets within Syria.

So what about Saudi Arabia for example? UAE? To cite just few long term abusers. I may go to another level and point to chemical warfare which US and global corporations wage against US and global population - if you want stick with chemicals.
Back to Syria: Are you 100% sure that Asad have any reason to use CW in densely populated area just the day UN CW inspectors arrive to Damascus if he know it will trigger US attack? Maybe he is insane but he is not stupid. Why the hell he would do such stupidity? Is not much more likely that some of many FSA factions backed by many alphabet agencies from close and far countries perpetrated this attack to trigger US response? Cui bono + common sense should be your "moral compass" instead of propaganda.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by curme

Now see, as a vet who signed my name on the dotted line did my time, had a lot after I joined I did not agree with but hell they didn't have the technology to broadcast how I felt to the world but hell I would never do what these idiots are doing and serving under two commander in chiefs myself did not politically support their views (Reagan and Bush 1) as a grown man I knew exactly what I was getting myself into regardless of the like or dislike of the reasons I would fight and support any mission for my country, regardless of my own political beliefs.
I realized deep down that the military truly has it's own set of rules and honestly it is not a democracy in case you might not know a thing about the military, but more importantly cannot figure out why this post by curme, is not getting all of the stars, IMHO I think if identified each one should be court martialed, to real soldiers, please stay off the internet put away your camera phones , go clean your TA-50 or weapon, get to work and stop wasting taxpayer money!!!!! you work for us and we do not want to hear your personal opinion, the mission is above you the individual, the 1 each, GI regardless of rank, you get a check to do what you are told, not be insubordinate.

edit on 2-9-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Having first seen this and others like it the following can be stated:

While I do understand the necessity to hide their faces, and that they do have the freedom of speech, however, if they are indeed in the US Military, they are taking a chance in ending their careers right there by comitting a political statement while in uniform. That is against the UCMJ and ultimately if and when said individuals are caught, and if it is that they are in the US military they will be punished.

There is a reason why the US military is forbidden to participate or even appear in uniform while serving, as it prevents, the military from swaying the voting public, or intimidating them or even attempting a military coup, and taking over the government. I do admire their courage, however, the reality is that they are violating military law.

I can only hope that it was worth it for them, especially the senior NCO's and officers that do such actions, as it is going to affect all of those in the US military for a long time, and the penalties for such will continue to go up for said actions.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Thanks for explaining the UCMJ and the reason they are forbidden, but really this just shows the loss of control on all levels and honestly, if they really believe in what they are saying, stand up and take what's coming, move that paper from the front of your face, actually if they really don't want to uphold their oath, ask to be chaptered out, if that is available, this is disgusting and shows zero discipline.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join