It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Navy Senior- "I Didn't Join the Navy To Fight For Al-Qaeda in a Syrian Civil War!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well... the next best thing a Military guy or gal...or a regular civilian can do,,,, IS
during this next week---- when Congress has all It's attention on the Syria situation

IS TO Insist...Demand...not only to not allow bombing of Syria to punish them for some culprit doing a Sarin Gas attack on Syrians to happen ...[

but to demand that the funding by the CIA or other Black Ops agencies of the hired mercenaries/ killers who are mostly AQ or Jihadists or Salifists or radical Islmic sects iintent on murder ---be stopped immediately !

DEFUND the radical Islamists who would not be in Syria except for Americn funding them...from conducting their mercinary status of a 'civil-war'... a Civil War that would not be happening except for covert CIA funding of these terrorists to kick ass on the Syrian civilians/Christians/Alawites first and then shot at Assads' Syrian Army troops secondly

yes have congress DEFUND Øbama-Care AND DEFUND the Syrian FSA (aka: terrorist AQ & subgroups)
because the FSA is a membership of barbarians that kill mainly Christians in Syria & burn churches, then Syrians that support Assad (the terrible tyrant that 70% of Syrians support) then target the Alawites living peacefully under Assads' rule for years

DEFUND the FSA forces

... who are nothing but terrorists & mercenaries or thugs/criminals that focus their killings on the Syrian Civilians that the 0bama regime funds through the CIA or other black-ops conduits....

hell if Øbama is suddenly getting high minded & moralistic on the chemical-weapon use he should apply the same logic & rationale on his funding terrorist to instigate a civil war in Syria and he should be held responsible for every Syrian death at the hands of radical fundamentalist Islamics who kill for sport and kill outside the envelope of legal warfare operations.... !

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
STOP and take a stand....kudos to all you who are fighting to stop the slaughter...Stop fighting for the Rothchilds....Stop fighting for big Oil....Stop fighting for corporate greed....Stop fighting for the enemy within your own borders...this is for all people of the planet....Time to take the planet back for the people....time to Stop fighting for the elite,.....Time to Stop fighting for anything except for the human race and all of mother earths creatures.

time to learn what your fighting for...and time to fight for human dignity.....stop being lambs led to the slaughter....Stop fighting for Religion...Borders...Or corporations.....Time to stand for peace....time to stand with fellow man and create a world worth living in for all born of this world.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

zero hedge is on the right side of many issues

and the idea of attacking Syrian targets is just that-----> fighting for or supporting AQ forces being paid ~under the table~ for their cruelty in a Syrian 'civil war' (fought by paid mercenaries against Assad)

so even the term 'civil war' is suspect because the anti-Assad forces are from diverse places in the Arab & Muslim sphere world-wide and are not predominately Syrians that reject the dictator Assad....
-> in fact some 70% of the Syrian population at least tolerates Assad or even like his regime

He is nowhere like Saddam Hussein was

to the few anti military posters on this thread...

If one were to volunteer for Coast Guard duty, or even specialize in the Signal Corps...life could be OK as a lifer in military service,,,

keyword is volunteer... there ain't no forceable DRAFT today so kindly refrain from demonizing the military system... it is an OK place for many people to choose as a career

that 17 yo nephew has maybe 40% of their career options nullified by your 'good intentions' (limited knowledge)
excuse me if you are offended
edit on 1-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I applaud these soldiers for their stance on what they believe, as I too was in the armed forces and have done an about-face since leaving 20 years ago.

My only hope is that they didn't use an iPhone or any smart phone for that matter when taking the photo.

Every single photo that is taken by any smart device has inbuilt data in the photo which records the serial number of the phone which took it. This is then archived as part of that phones meta-data record.

Modern D-SLR cameras which don't have GPS ability still record the cameras serial number within the photo data, so can still be tracked when up loaded to any site. If you have have a Flick-R account you'll know this, because every photo you upload has the information of the camera which took it. The Make and Model of the camera as well as what the ISO, and Aperture settings were when the photo was taken. What it doesn't show you is, the serial number of the camera, but just because that information isn't shown, doesn't mean it's not there.

I don't mean to be the bringer of bad news, but I don't think these guys will be in line for any promotions soon.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

.If one were to volunteer for Coast Guard duty, or even specialize in the Signal Corps...life could be OK as a lifer in military service,,,

keyword is volunteer... there ain't no forceable DRAFT today so kindly refrain from demonizing the military system... it is an OK place for many people to choose as a career

The Coast Guard today is a police force, their primary job is to board vessels and can board any vessel including an American citizen's private vessel and conduct a full search, issue citations, and if necessary make an arrest.

They still rescue people but they also may charge you for that rescue.

I do not oppose a draft in a time of war. It might serve as a good wake up call for the nation.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
This is why I never joined the Military when they were hounding me in high school and calling my house twice a week. I knew then it was a sham, foot soldiers for illuminati oil bankster CEOs.

14 years old, read William Cooper's Behold A Pale Horse.

Book changed my life and saved me from the Military Industrial Complex sham

What that Chief did could cause him his career if found out. He did a brave thing. Let's not make this about you and how much smarter you think you are. I am behind the Chief 100%.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Oh boo hoo hoo. I didn't join the Army to mow grass, but sh*t happens.

You join the military to follow orders. That's kind of the thing. If you want to be a special snowflake wait until you get out.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is just the kind of thing I was hoping for.... dissent and refusal from within. I feel proud of all of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

that 17 yo nephew has maybe 40% of their career options nullified by your 'good intentions' (limited knowledge)
excuse me if you are offended

Oh no, I am not offended. Because at least I have a nephew that is ALIVE- not lying on some Iraqi or Afghan sand and dying from an AK47 bullet or IED explosion. On the other hand, if this country was invaded, I would go and get that same nephew and haul his ass off to the battlefront. With me. There is a right time to die. For the RIGHT reasons.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenson76
What that Chief did could cause him his career if found out. He did a brave thing.

No. It's not 'brave.' It's brave if you don't involve yourself in the conflict. If you're to be deployed then you become a conscientious objector. Or you don't join the military in the first place.

It violates the UCMJ by taking a stance on a political issue while in uniform. I would expect a navy chief to know better.

Furthermore, it's not about helping Al'Qaeda or supporting terrorists. It's about telling a government that chemical weapons on civilians, in particular, is wrong. Standing by while atrocities are committed is complicit in those atrocities!

The United States has turned a blind eye to human rights violations for way, way too long. I hope congress endorses a limited strike on military targets within Syria.
edit on 1-9-2013 by links234 because: Emphasis.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

keep on keepin on TA
hopefully that time never comes my friend

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see if these military members will do a follow up pic when given the order to strike. That picture should show their face and their refusal to participate. Till then, I will continue to assume that they will follow orders,

Peace
edit on 1-9-2013 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by curme

I hope you mean obeying lawful orders?

You aren't in the military to be a mindless drone. If it's wrong, I would hope you have the moral courage to say so, and act on those convictions. Otherwise, what's the point?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

That's a senior enlisted man. Not an officer...

But can't disagree with the sentiment...

Umm.... A senior enlisted man is an officer! He is a "Non-Commissioned Officer". I am not arguing with you. I am just educating you.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Originally posted by fenson76
What that Chief did could cause him his career if found out. He did a brave thing.

No. It's not 'brave.' It's brave if you don't involve yourself in the conflict. If you're to be deployed then you become a conscientious objector. Or you don't join the military in the first place.

It violates the UCMJ by taking a stance on a political issue while in uniform. I would expect a navy chief to know better.

Furthermore, it's not about helping Al'Qaeda or supporting terrorists. It's about telling a government that chemical weapons on civilians, in particular, is wrong. Standing by while atrocities are committed is complicit in those atrocities!

The United States has turned a blind eye to human rights violations for way, way too long. I hope congress endorses a limited strike on military targets within Syria.
edit on 1-9-2013 by links234 because: Emphasis.
\

WOW! You really have drank the news being shoveled to you. Good Grief man! Do you realize it is the rebels who were infiltrated by the terrorist groups who gas the people? They want you to think the government did it so they could use our military to help them overthrow Assad. Please, stop watching the main stream media and educate yourself. It is ill informed people like yourself that are allowing our country to be dismantled. Out of ignorance our people perish!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

Indeed you are correct, sir. I stand corrected. An air force brat such as myself should have remembered that...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I saw this on another outlet. It was posted by a really fishy person. Not sure if it was the original source. However the comments said that it has to be fake because some of the ribbons dont make sense or something. Anyone recognize those?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

An unlawful order is something that would violate the UCMJ. If your Sgt orders you to beat your wife or something.

When the Commander in Chief tells you to go to war, that's not an unlawful order, that's your job. In fact, that is the primary duty of the military, to fight wars.

After you sign on the dotted line is not the time to decide you are not keen on the whole "kill who to are told to" thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by curme

Isn't part of the military oath to uphold and protect the constitution from enemy's both foreign and domestic?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join