It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand your ground, woman shoots and kills sexual attacker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Justice served. Thank you for saving us money and protecting yourself! Another scumbag off the streets permanently.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The guy attempted to stab her with a knife. Clear as day. Justice served.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octave
reply to post by Rezlooper

True and I'll stand corrected on that point.

What your failing to recognize is the fact that she could have with great ease gotten into her car and driven away. Not everything has to end in gun violence.

Of course, I'm old school and was taught that by my old school gun toting father. It is a different world we live in now I suppose.

You're right, she could have easily driven away, but as the poster below yours said...the purpose of the law is that she shouldn't have to run away. I feel the same way. The more stories like this circulate and criminals hear about them, less of these attacks happen. The more that jerk off bullies like these realize people are packin', they'll think twice. And that's the point is it not? Shouldn't you be able to go pump some gas, buy groceries, spend a day at the park, or whatever else it is you so choose to do without being harassed or in fear for your safety, or your children's safety, or elderly parents, and so on? Sad to say, but it's what the world is coming to and people need to be able to "stand their ground!"

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

He had a knife and assaulted her. Case closed. I can't see any other spin that would not allow her to use "stand your ground". In fact, "stand your ground" isn't even needed. This is a case of defending yourself against a freakin' knife. Shooting a guy that's attacking you with a knife is pretty much okay no matter what state you are in.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Yes, your correct it is a different world today.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

She should be prosecuted for murder if the guy is dead. She was in a public place surrounded by other people. Yeah, I totally agree the guy was in the wrong, but when you pull a gun on a big macho dick like him he is going to go on the attack. She could have just got in her car and locked the doors. And waited for the cops.

Firing a gun in a petrol station - huge stupidity.

Notice the guy in the foreground. Smoking in a petrol station - oven huger stupidity.

This video kind if sums up what is wrong with the US these days. They say you are what you eat. I bet all these people eat the sh1t served up my Mc-Crappy-Donalds everyday! lol

The US has the largest per capita prison population of any country on the planet. It seems to me that number should be increased somewhat!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octave
What your failing to recognize is the fact that she could have with great ease gotten into her car and driven away. Not everything has to end in gun violence.

Sure, jump inside her car where she is vulnerable and could have easily had her throat cut. Some of you people really need to fix your brain. If you don't want to be shot, don't go around threatening or assaulting other people. He got what he deserved. ~$heopleNation
edit on 2-9-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
To those who keep saying why didnt she run,
or get in the car, Texas law is quite clear on this
matter, you are NOT REQUIRED to try and get away.
Although you are required to try and gain feedback,
in other words
Person defending self "I have a gun, dont make me
shoot you"
Criminal "you dont have the guts to shoot" or some
other response, that is feedback.
Once you obtain that and you truly feel you or others
Are in danger, then you are in accordance with the
Law to use deadly force.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This would be an easy one to be on the jury for as any man who attacks any woman for any reason is a coward and deserves a coward's death.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
SYG would not be all right in Massachusetts were you are required to retreat, even from your own home in the middle of the night. That being said it's better to face a jury than a mortician. So as a resident of Mass. I will always take the jury choice. BEWARE.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Let's just say I'm glad they're both from the same ethnic background.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So what if she was in a somewhat public place? Without a gun, he could have used his knife and forced her into a bathroom, his car etc- it's not unheard of. Even with a gun in her hand, it's not entirely impossible that he would have tried to attack her from the back. It's sad that he died, but I don't think she would have escaped if she hadn't used her gun. She's probably cool and collected because she lives in an environment where this type of things aren't a rare a occurance.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

From what we can see, it seems he was threatening her, stepping forward as he did before she pulled out the gun, and pointing the umbrella at her. This looks justified, based on that. Assuming testimony matches what we see, and there wasn't something weird, I would say she was within her rights.

As an aside, is it just me, or does the dress the reporter is wearing remind anyone else of a test pattern?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

He's "leery of store owners" taking action??? What would he prefer, coming in when they didn't and the store owners and customers are all dead???
edit on 20-9-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Marcus Tullius Cicero, the Great Roman General said this:

'There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but inborn in our hearts; a law which comes to us not by training or custom or reading' a law which has come to us not by theory but from practice, not by instruction but by natural instuition. I refer to the law which lays it down that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right.'

This Law should already be written in your heart even if you are not aware of it. We should never take the right to use this law away from anyone. Unfortunately, we are seeing in the world this right being questioned in many ways small and large. In schools, the victims of bullying are punished. In the streets, people who successfully defend themselves are prosecuted by the Law of Hammurabi, which is a law based on the profit motive rather than natural justice.

We need to ask ourselves, in OP, what would we have preferred to see happen if the woman was one of us? Would we have preferred to see her assaulted, killed, whatever the perpetrator had in mind, or would we prefer the whole sorry mess ended as it did?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Justice served, another scumbag off the streets
All those of you that say she should haven't shot, I hope you're NEVER put in her shoes....

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Looks 100% like defense to me.. I mean, what guy would just walk up to a woman alone like that? … Weird

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

Does this state have a bystander law that she would have been able to reasonably expect help from those who were standing around? I do not know but if not, then she did what was necessary given that she may not have known if she could even count on them to help. We also do not know if the assailant knew any of the folks hanging around, she may not have know that either.

They may have been just smart enough to walk stay away from the gun toting victim-to-be and then when all was over, downplayed their role in any of it.

I say good for her!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The dude attacks her even after she pulls out the gun. I nominate this idjit for a Darwin award.

As for the woman...good for her. I only hope more people start fighting back when being threatened or harassed by low-life scum. It's about time people stopped pussy-footing around degenerates and giving them what they deserve.

Did homeboy deserve to be shot? Totally. He was sexually harassing her, threatening her with a weapon. Could care less if she knew him or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join