It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what set off the Syrian civil war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
the reason i ask this i was curious as to what set this all off.
the web is filled with "Syrian civil war" articles..but i cant find an answer.
was there a catalyst? what set the "rebels" off?
is this a true civil war? or are the "rebels" merely paid mercenary inserts to start trouble so unnamed countries
would have an excuse to move in at a later date.
very curious about this.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

wow.....no one jumping in to to answer this

Must be a good question.

I'll start:
Look up "Arab Spring"

Muslim Brotherhood

Sunni/Shiite relations

Russian interests in ME

American interests in ME

The existence of Israel

Christians

GREED

Freedom

Liberty

SHARIA

Peace

JIHAD

and on

and on

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

ha ha...so...im not the only one that doesnt know?
usually there is a catalyst..that one defining moment.
maybe foreign insertion is the answer then.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Here's one possibility.

Pipelines.

What has one of the most democratic countries of the Middle East, Syria, done to tick off some of its neighbors in the West, the fierce fighters for democracy? The irrationality and unscrupulousness of the approaches Western countries have taken to the Syrian crisis, when the same people who in Europe are considered terrorists are declared «freedom fighters» when it comes to Syria, becomes clearer in light of the economic dimension of the Syrian tragedy. There is every reason to think that by helping destroy its own cultural and historical roots in Syria, Europe is first and foremost fighting for energy resources. And a special role is played by natural gas, which is emerging as the main fuel of the 21st century. The geopolitical problems connected with its production, transportation and use are perhaps more than any other topic on the radar of Western strategists.

The Geopolitics of Gas and the Syrian Crisis: Syrian “Opposition” Armed to Thwart Construction of Iran-Iraq-Syria Gas Pipeline

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

this reafirms my belief that this is not a civil war at all
but a take down by outside sources.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
In the technical sense, as I watched it? It started with the 'peaceful' protests in Homs. At the same time, calls going out over the People's Liberation Front websites and others were calling for volunteers to come and join the effort to bring regime change to Damascus.

That had all started with Tunisia changing Governments unexpectedly, which may or may not have had any relation to Hezbollah taking majority power in Lebanon's political structure as the first remarkable power shift to occur right before that.

In the larger picture? There are two Shia nations in the world right now, for leadership running them. Iran and Syria. Iran is the Spiritual home and last stand, of course. Syria is no small thing though. Iran's last ally and a major thing in their own right.

The FSA did start as and has always had a core of defecting Syria Military, both Officer and enlisted. The problem is, they ALSO have major contingents from every ruthless and bloodthirsty terrorist group in the region. Kinda like how the other recent 'Liberation Armies' have become.

That's my take.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

thank you..well said
but..what was the catalyst?
what was Assad doing that so pissed them off to start a civil war?
see where im going? i believe this was all outside generated.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Another bigger possibility.

Caliphate

The last one.....
Ottoman_Caliphate

More................

Muslim zealots have for a long time now been deluding themselves of establishing a global Caliphate. A Taliban “commander” in Pakistan was recently quoted as saying that his outfit would wage jihad until "the Caliphate is established across the world." This is not surprising because in his 2005 book Al-Zarqawi — al-Qaeda's Second Generation Jordanian journalist Fouad Hussein revealed that Al Qaeda had plans to declare a Caliphate by 2016 and impose it by 2020.
Is a Muslim Caliphate possible today?

ISTANBUL, Turkey -- Tunisia's leading Islamist party recently captured most of the votes in the country's first open election in decades.

For many, the move was another sign that Islam, not democracy, would continue to dominate the Middle East.

Some feel Muslim groups in the region are working harder than ever to re-establish an Islamic caliphate, or Islamic state.

When Muhammed died 14 centuries ago, the Muslim world needed someone to take the prophet's place.
Arab Spring Feeding Push for Islamic Caliphate?

Bible prophecy reveals that a significantly influential ruler over the peoples who occupy territories surrounding the Holy Land, possibly a modern day Muslim confederation, will in some manner attack a "king of the North"—a modern version of the ancient Roman emperor.
The Quiet Islamic Movement to Restore the Caliphate

"Caliphate" is rarely mentioned in the MSM.

Perhaps The Western Powers are keeping all the confusion spinning in order to stop a 'new' Caliphate ?

Can you imagine a completely united Islamic government of that size !!

Imagine the power over the energy markets !!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

could also explain why we are knocking off countries..one by one.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
gas

2nd line

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

gas doesnt explain why this civil war started..
does it?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

but..what was the catalyst?
what was Assad doing that so pissed them off to start a civil war?

It was started because Syria and Iran stands to make out big with the pipeline(s) in question.
(see the article in my first post)

Iran supports Assad and visa versa.

Neither support the BIS Bank for International Settlements

TPTB *HATE* that !!

* Saudi Arabia IS a BIS member !!! *

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

It all comes down to this:
CFR: Why Syria's Regime Is Doomed

Amid mounting violence that has killed more than five thousand in Syria, it is "almost inevitable" the regime of President Bashar al-Assad will collapse, says Dennis Ross, a former senior Middle East adviser to President Obama. "When a regime is entirely dependent on coercion that is not succeeding, you know that that's a regime that's not going to be around for an extended period," Ross says. The best hope for the country is an opposition movement led by the Syrian National Council, he says, describing it as non-sectarian and inclusive.

Further digging into this it started shortly after this happend:
CFR: Damascus Fears Dissidents Out of Reflex, Not Reality

Last week, a Syrian military court sentenced Haitham al Maleh, a 79-year-old lawyer and human rights monitor, to three years in prison. His crime? He told a TV interviewer that Syrian authorities “hide behind laws which have no logical or legal or just basis”.

Which was a radical change from just a year before that:
Obama Should Talk To Syria Now

Syria and Israel have negotiated partial agreements in the past (in the wake of the 1973 war, for example) and have come close to concluding a full peace several times. The basic contours of a deal--with Israel returning all of the Golan Heights in exchange for diplomatic recognition and formal peace--are well known and acceptable to both sides, including many conservatives in Israel. After nearly a decade in power, Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad looks to be strong enough to overcome domestic resistance to making peace with Israel. He may be able to accomplish what his father could not: make the country whole.

Hope that helps.
edit on 1-9-2013 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Civil strife and protests followed by the Saudis paying jihadis fron Libya and elsewhere to start the violence. I don't know if the protests were engineered or organic.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
the process was witnessed in Libya and brought over on purpose once they found it worked really well.

Only this time around Assad's army is gaining the upper hand so the Rebels are attempting to lure western powers into confronting their military with airstrikes while the Rebels make ground advances, again....

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The Arab Spring.

2nd Line.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
More about banking in Iran and Syria.

Both have similar bank laws, and they DON'T like 'interest'.

TPTB and the BIS don't like THAT !!!

Iran's central bank laws are online.

Syria's is hard to get to lately [ Can't imagine WHY ? ]

Central Bank of Syria

Central Bank of Iran

(9) Granting of loans and credits free of interest charges in accordance with the Law and regulations.
The Law for Usury (Interest) Free Banking - Iran Law

TPTB say

All recent wars in the M.E. etc. are focused on countries that are NOT aligned with the BIS.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think here's a clue:
www.telegraph.co.uk - Iran cuts Hamas funding over Syria...

The rupture has been caused by Hamas's refusal to toe the Iranian line by supporting President Bashar al-Assad, whose Alawite regime is religiously loosely related to the Shia Islam practiced by Iran's ruling theocracy.

Hamas - which runs the Gaza Strip - has sided with its Sunni co-religionists trying to unseat Mr Assad, in common with other mainly Sunni countries like Turkey, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Here's another:
www.reuters.com - Saudi Arabia and Qatar funding Syrian rebels...

Saudi Arabia and Qatar are paying salaries to rebel forces fighting in the Syrian revolt against President Bashar al-Assad, an Arab diplomat said on Saturday.

"The payment has been going on for months and the agreement was made on April 2 by Saudi Arabia and Qatar, with logistical organization from Turkey where some Free Syrian Army factions are based," said the source, who requested anonymity.

Another about Qatar:
www.telegraph.co.uk - Qatar 'playing with fire' as it funds Syrian Islamists in quest for global influence...

Qatar's prime minister, Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani, said recently: "As there is no clear international opinion to end the crisis in Syria... we are supporting the opposition with whatever it needs, even if it takes up arms for self-defence."

edit on 1-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
In the continuing effort to control global resources, the CIA and other covert agencies of the United States and other world powers have routinely manipulated the political landscape by first providing arms and training to the opposition, and then if that doesn't work by direct military action--military action which first has to be justified to the people; hence, a false flag event.

Let's see... Iran, Iraq, Honduras, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, Colombia, Egypt, Jordan, Panama, Bosnia, etc., etc. The list of governments the United States has covertly (or overtly if that doesn't work) overthrown just in the "postwar" (lol) era alone is staggering.

The United States government, and therefore its people, are directly responsible for the so-called "civil war" in Syria. The political climate of the Middle East must be manipulated in such a manner that will continue to be conducive to economic activity which supports Western materialism.

That's the reason what's happening over there is happening. And it's also the reason they want to blow America up. I can't with a straight face say that I blame them.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I think the protests started out as organic and Assad went full mental on them. I talked to some pro-Assad Syrian-Americans yesterday at the protest I was at and they say that before the protests started Assad had basically stabilized their nation really well through secularism (everyone was free to practice their religion, including Christians) but some zealous Sunni's were pretty upset with secularism and a multi-religion country and began claiming their rights as Sunni's were being denied.

Then they turned their protest into one about democracy and how Assad would never leave in 2014 and open up elections as promised, that drew in other people and when the orders came to use tanks against the protesters some of Assad's military members defected while simultaneously, US trained (they claimed) Saudi and other bordering countries' soldiers went into Syria and joined the protests and began organizing the Free Syrian Army along with known members of Al Qaeda... they also said that the FSA through their Saudi members brought in and used chemical weapons which leads us to where we are today.

Who knows where the hearts of the innocents, caught on either side or propelled to one side because the other side bombed their house or killed their family in front of them, lie. I think this is something Westerners can't relate to, not yet anyway though the hatred amongst us building to a boiling point.

The Sunni's were morons for being unable to achieve religious tolerance, Assad was a moron for responding to them with such unbelievable violence... the West are morons for thinking that this is any of our fking businness. Now the whole world is holding it's breath in dread that WW3 is about to start in earnest.

All of it makes me sick, but I'm not about to go over there and start telling people to knock it off, all I can do is tell my own government not to act in my name, don't use my tax dollars for this... as if missiles can bring back those poor dead children, as if our missiles won't kill more of them, as if somehow they'll be less dead if they'd been killed by bullets, bombs or missiles as opposed to gas, as if more won't be killed as our missiles won't cause utter chaos over there even if they only strike military targets, as if the chaos won't lead to a failed state or a different dictator, as if this won't breed more terrorism and give us every excuse in the world to put troops on the ground... as if Russia and Iran are just going to sit silently by and watch it happen.

edit on 1-9-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join