It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Unhappy with Holder's Decision on MJ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Appreciate the videos. Peter Christ makes a lot of sense and I am sure other LEO;s share his view. And yes there is still a huge list so police can continue to get their piece of the pie. But wouldn't it be better they get their money from hardcore kingpins rather than the little fish or somebody who wasn't convicted of a crime.After all, wasn't that the main purpose of these laws.

Take for example this statement

“If you allow someone to move into your residence, and deal drugs out of your residence, that makes you as guilty as they are,” Chillicothe police spokesperson Bud Lytle said.

www.myfox28columbus.com... tml

Should I as a landlord be obligated to monitor my renters 24 hours a day just to make sure they are not doing anything illegal? Should I be forced to pay for lawyers and court fees just to protect my property just because someone else did something I wasn't even involved in?

I think not!

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
LOL COPS UPSET! HAHAHA!!

Who the F*CK cares what you think cops. Go back to work.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I live in a small town in il and let me tell you, the cops here treat pot as if it were a joke. They waste little to no effort in small pot charges its drifting almost to a half pound before they can get you with a felony I got caught with almost two ounces and all I got was a city fine... Hahaha meh is all I get to say

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Awiseyoungchap

An ounce is is a felony in my state. It is a game to some of them, see who can find the most weed. Of course they rather find harder stuff, but they'll take the bust and it looks good on their resume. Cannabis charges usually stick and the violator is run through the system, usually through probation if they can afford it.

That's Florida for you: Arrive on vacation, leave on probation!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by SlackOps

What gets me the most is the conflict of interest, lack of justice, no accountability, and the steady growth of militarized departments. Imagine them taking away a 1000 dollars from you that you had worked hard to save up. Imagine going to a lawyer to find out it will take you 2000 to get it back. Imagine a DA and Judge siding with the police. Imagine the smiles on their faces when they divide up your money among themselves. Imagine the rage you would feel about the whole ordeal.

The courts are of no help in most cases cause they get part of the money. Even the almighty Supreme Court sides with the police.

One need not imagine. Just ask around. See it all the time. It's not just a money racket either. They have friends and family turning rat on each other just to avoid or reduce prosecution. Playing on vulnerabilities and fears. (How noble.) Divide and conquer. That's one way to destabilize a community.

Hell, whatever the weed is stored in is weighed right along with the actual amount just to make it seem like a bigger bust to gain more interest by the prosecution which leads to more funding... and helps boost the arresting officers' record.

Somebody skipped the ethics course.

Gang activity and terrorism is the reason or excuse we get when questioning the militarization of law enforcement. Fighting fire with gasoline. In reality it leads to normal citizens having their doors kicked in by an assault team over a rumor. Most of us probably have stronger, caustic, store bought, chemicals residing under the kitchen or bathroom sink. (If not, then check the shed or garage.) So it can't possibly be as deadly to the community as Drano, liquid-plumber, boric acid, antifreeze, spray paint, paint thinner... Ah but these items do not generate untraceable income and are legal to possess in copious quantities, therefore nobody feels the need to stash and protect them from anyone above the age of five.

So cops don't write the laws, they only enforce them... but when was the last time anyone saw or even heard of somebody getting cited for jaywalking? Or littering? Man if they paid half as much attention to litterbugs as they do potheads the city streets and interstate highways might be presentable. Imagine all the revenue those fines could generate... without overcrowding the jail.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlackOps

Originally posted by jam321
Imagine them taking away a 1000 dollars from you that you had worked hard to save up. Imagine going to a lawyer to find out it will take you 2000 to get it back. Imagine a DA and Judge siding with the police. Imagine the smiles on their faces when they divide up your money among themselves. Imagine the rage you would feel about the whole ordeal.

One need not imagine. Just ask around. See it all the time...

That is what these police officers are so upset about. The Obama administration is taking away their source of easy money, money you worked for, saved, and doesn't need to have been involved an illegal activity, just the mere possibility with a strong degree of imagination that one could have taken place. Taking someone's home, vehicle, cash on-hand could easily amount to the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

You see what we are doing to the police now? We are taking millions out of their grubby paws with one directive form the Dept. of Justice, and to add insult to injury, Obama is doing it to them. How outrageous is that?

In one fell swoop we got these goons knocking on our doors again asking to be let in.

edit on 2-9-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
All I can say for the police officers is tough crap, suck it up. It was the state's decision all along, we have just let ourselves believe that the federal government had the last say. I could give a crap less since I have never, nor do I feel the urge to try MJ. The biggest point in this situation has to be the states have the right to make whatever they want to be legal/illegal. The federal government can not dictate to the states what is appropriate and what is not. The power has always been with the individual states. We have just lost sight of that along the way.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
"Don't deter our legal theft!" - Police

edit on 3-9-2013 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Greetings from a new member and medically retired cop. | broke My back/neck fighting this "war"... Now before You think "Great another guy that got beat up in High School going to defend the Po Po" You'd be pre-judging.

| got into being a cop because | saw an "L.A. Flush" (4 clubs and 1 King) and KNEW that it didn't "have to be that way" approx. 4 yrs. later | was assigned to "Special Investigations" (dope, vice) | was a cop in Ca. and worked in a med.-lg. city that led the nations One year in Homicides. It is a 'multi-cultural, multi-ethnic community'. What |'m about to type are My personal observations.

"We" were losing the 'war' before | got there and "We" were losing upon My exit. Although | made exactly One cannabis ("marijuana" is a Gov't. made-up word... LaGuardia Law) related arrest and that was because "Mr. Greedy" was stealing PG&E™ to the tune of $48k+.. If "Mr. Greedy" had paid His bill (His onus) |'d never been called. Our time was swamped with methamphetamine/MDMA

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
| forgot this part: This is like ALL the other news, a little bit of "fact" (there is a Webster's definition and a legal definition; they are different) "It" is like One of those Russian Nesting Dolls...

To wit: check the opium production in Afghanistan prior to 2001 and see what it is now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join