It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ranting about rude drivers who may be too stupid to know it or don't seem to care

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I see it all the time and it could easily tick me off if I let it. I'm driving down the road and someone decides to make a u turn just up ahead of me. They wait for a second on a driveway, then pull out right in front of me making me hit my brakes to avoid running into their slow moving vehicle. I mean was that necessary? They could have waited 2 or 3 seconds and I would be past their car. There was no one behind me. Rude, Rude, rude.

I see it all the time driving elsewhere. Rude drivers pull out in front of me seeing a space on the road to pull out. Are they so stupid or rude that they can't wait 5 seconds for the empty section of road behind me? Obviously so. They would rather pull out and make me hit my brakes to avoid having a wreck because they can't wait. After lots of these rude idiots multiply, I believe they think they have to pull out in front of everyone instead of waiting the required 2 to 6 seconds for a wider stretch of empty road. I believe it's these same idiots that are getting into all these fender bender wrecks I've seen in the last two weeks. Some other drivers apparently have slower reactions than me and aren't hitting their brakes in time to avoid these idiots.

Ok, I just wanted to rant about this. I feel better now.

I'll add the other rude drivers are the ones who are waiting at a stop light on a two lane road and see another vehicle pull up on a side road. They will stop and let the guy who just pulled up on the side road out in front and make everyone behind them who has been waiting for the light to change wait through one more light change. Rude, rude rude. On top of that, it proves their stupidity because they probably thought they were being nice letting the person who just pulled up go in front of them. The idiot doesn't seem to realize he or she made half a dozen people behind them who had been waiting 5 minutes for the light to change, wait another 5 minutes.
edit on 31/8/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I can't stand when people do this!

I saw a person do this the other day to the car behind me. They pulled out right infront of them and the car had to slam on their breaks. They couldn't wait til the car passed where there was nobody behind them!

My biggest pet peeve is those that don't use blinkers! Drives me insane! IMO many accidents would be avoided if people used a damn blinker. I mean they put them on every car and teach you in drivers ed to use them! You even lose points on your test if you dont yet more than 50% of drivers completely forget them!

I am one of those drivers who follows the rules! It irks me when people are careless, that is how accidents happen and how you kill people!

A couple weeks ago my mother in law pissed me off! We were driving and she had her blinker on but the car would not let her in. What does she do? She gets behind the car and gets on their tale and starts honking the horn freaking out. I was so damn pissed. I told her to stop acting like an idiot esp with my son in the car. There was NO need for her to act like that whatsoever! I can't stand people that do that.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Recently moved to a place where people drive like Idiots, I can relate.

Coming from So Ca, where driving is nuts, and you learn to drive Agressively to save yourself, and than moving to Oregon...

Where people on avg drive 5 miles BELOW the already low speed limits... Which makes people feel they no longer have to use their blinkers... or look when they merge... OR generally have any kind of sense of urgency about what they are doing...

I can't tell you how many times Ive seen people trying to pull out into a road, Make EYE CONTACT WITH ME, and than when I am 5 G.D. Feet from their car pull out in front of me ANYWAY...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Not turning on the turn signal or not doing it until you are turning irks me to. Yesterday I waited for a car to get out of the way. It kept moving slower and slower. Then he turned. Turn on the turn signal to let me know what you are doing. I could have been long gone if he had used a turn signal.

I try not to be rude to other drivers and follow all the rules as well so that just makes me get slightly ticked off at those who don't. I do appreciate those drivers who let you in after turning on your turn signal attempting to change lanes without cutting in without any signal.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Drive a motorcycle like I do and you will see how stupid people truly are.
I hate being in a 50 zone and some idiot wants to drive 25 and look at the scenery.

Ever get that jerk off at a green light who is busy texting and holding up traffic??

A majority of people are really stupid and selfish.

It brings me to this.
If people are a product of their environment,which is an environment tainted by stupidity and selfishness,you get dummies all around you,real quality people.

edit on 31-8-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
For some reason, the morons around here love to go out driving in the rain .. WITHOUT THEIR HEADLIGHTS ON. :shk: Not only is it against the law .. but it's a dang stupid thing to do. I don't understand why they do that in such big numbers.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
For some reason, the morons around here love to go out driving in the rain .. WITHOUT THEIR HEADLIGHTS ON. :shk: Not only is it against the law .. but it's a dang stupid thing to do. I don't understand why they do that in such big numbers.

Well maybe I shed some light on this...

I once had a girlfriend who would NEVER put her lights on because she feared it would drain the car batteries

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't understand why they do that in such big numbers.

Read my post above yours...thats the only answer.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

That's actually pretty funny. Draining the battery. I wonder what a police officer would say to that if she got pulled over for not having her headlights on? It's the law where I live if it is steadily raining and not sporadic rain.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
OP I so feel your pain. I could write pages of rants against stupid inconsiderate drivers. My biggest pet peeve lately is how drivers use the traffic circles that the county I live in have started putting ever where. I was behind a driver who in the middle of the circle stopped to let in on comming cars, not one but two! The other way they navigate the circle is to come to a complete stop just as they approach it.
Phone usage at a red light that has turned green causing thoes behind you to sit through yet another red light makes me want to get out and punch the living daylights out the offender! Thankfully that action is just a fantasy and I do know the difference between fantasy and reality. But I have to admit sometimes that line just blurs...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I live near Cleveland. It's a city with plenty of roads and highways. It also has a low employment number. There should never be a traffic jam here...ever.

But the idiots are clogging up the roadways each and every day because of their stupidity or I'm better than you attitude.

A little game I like to play when I see some jackwipe screaming up the highway behind me like he is in a NASCAR race is I will look for vehicles who are basically pacing each other side by side and then take the open lane effectively blocking the jackwipe, If he sees a opening, I will speed up and do it again.
More often than not, they are also driving a top dollar vehicle as well.

Plenty of times I'll see arms waving about wildly, screaming into a cell phone or maybe at me. They always get by eventually and go flying past me. Often to be pulled over by a staty for speeding.

Great fun.
edit on 31-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I get annoyed at the people that are driving on a long entrance ramp to a highway at 45 mph, when they are aware that they need to merge into traffic that is going between 55 and 70 mph. The ramp is there for those morons to increase their speed to approximately the speed of the traffic of the highway. They don't seem to know that.

I am fairly certain that I could roll a cigarette or eat a bowl of soup while driving and still handle a merge better than a lot of these goofballs.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Coming from So Ca, where driving is nuts, and you learn to drive Agressively to save yourself, and than moving to Oregon...

I think I actually liked Southern California traffic better than what I deal with right here in the comfy Midwest. Like you say, everyone is out for #1 at the expense of #2 and aggressive driving is literally a form of stress relief to many people out there, I came to firmly believe. Of course, having been in an 18 wheeler vs. the average passenger skateboard did color my perceptions of it being preferable, I'm sure.

Everyone was predictable though. Here and ..Oh good God, Atlanta, as a big city with it? You have the aggressive idiots, the Sunday driving morons and the people eating/dressing/texting/sexting and doing make up (we kinda HOPE, not all at once..but who knows) on the road at the same time. and at the polar extremes of all.

Much better when it was Mad Max on the highway w/o the guns. (Usually). There is something to be said for predictable. Sane....for instance. Wild...but sane.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Its so strange how driving changes where depending on where you go in the country, I have a lead foot, mostly because in So CA if you are going 10 over the speed limit you are holding up traffic.

When I was looking at houses up here the Realtor and I stopped at a red, it turns green and the guy in front doesn't notices, I wait a tick and start honking, my Realtor goes "whoa guy you in a hurry?" ... I just looked at him dumb founded...

I find myself taking my time driving, something I never would of done in So Ca, when I first got here I was still in the aggressive drive mode, now i've mellowed a little, I swear Oregon's turning me into a big ol hippie...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
U-turns, which are illegal at controlled intersections. I was almost in an accident three days ago because of this. Guy made a u-turn in front of me as I was coming through the intersection.

ETA, Mudducks stop dead on on-ramps. You can't merge with 55mph traffic from a standstill. Stupid.
edit on 8/31/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The Driving Sports are a regular thing in this city. Since we have a State University, 2 major private Universities and a number of regional resources for tech and community colleges, the games begin in August and January. It's reliable enough to check the Calendar with.

That's when the Schools churn newbies in for Fall and Spring by the thousands. Many, never in this area of Missouri or even in Missouri at all before that. One day orientation of "This is how to drive a car here" should be required at every big school in the area.

The two I hate the most? The ones who can't comprehend what a left turn on green sign means and how eeeeentering the intersection to await one's turn to make the left really really is allowed. So many sit behind the line and then seem confused to watch the green pass to yellow and RED....without...what? a written invitation? Royal Horns and a Decree, announcing they can turn? (imagines someone like the Royal Crier for the baby announcement)

The others are the East Coasters. Only some now. Not all are quite this backward in their traffic laws. However, in some places? It's not legal to make a right turn on red, whether it's clear or not and without a posted sign making an exception for it. Oh...what a joy to sit behind those buffoons in a right turn lane on a red light....late in the evening or early morning with little traffic around.
What are they thinking? lol
edit on 31-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
WORST road to drive on ... the ring around Washington DC.
I've driven all over this country. I don't think there could be
a road with worse drivers on it. Really.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

FlyersFan
WORST road to drive on ... the ring around Washington DC.
I've driven all over this country. I don't think there could be
a road with worse drivers on it. Really.

From what I've read about DC I don't ever want to go there. High crime, high corruption, bad drivers, dirty.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
One morning I had the pleasure of waiting on a two lane road for the light to turn green. The other lights turned at least a few times and I had been waiting at least 10 to 15 minutes and had enough. I got out of my car and walked up the road about 4 cars up and told the driver closest to the light that she would have to pull up closer to the white line where you are supposed to stop to set off the sensors to change the light. She stopped over a whole car and a half back from the road we were waiting to turn onto.

The light changed after she pulled up. She looked foreign but it's not the first time I've noticed drivers don't know that there are sensors buried under the road that set some traffic lights off. I actually find it amusing when some idiot pulls up in the left turn lane into the intersection past the white line where they should stop and they have to wait because they didn't get a green arrow to turn left in front of everyone.
edit on 31/8/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I live in a small town with one small technical college and one small university. Classes started recently. I've seen about 8 wrecked cars during my relatively short drive to work in the last week and a half. Throw in some messed up traffic lights, lots of extra idiots, and voila, wrecks all over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join