It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo showing 'boiling sea' off Japan coast near Fukushima

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jhn7537

I may be wrong, but hasn't the radioactive runoff been increasing in overall temperature since it started running into the ocean?

Not so you'd notice.
The ocean is a very good heat sink and, while dangerous to living things, the radiation levels of the contaminated water are not nearly high enough to produce heating effects.

Well, that sucks... I was just Phaged..... And for those who don't know what I'm talking about, its when Phage corrects your way of thinking

So Phage, it can't produce heating effects, but let me ask you, is the ocean capable of "healing" itself from the toxic waste that's been dumped in? I always wonder about nature and I feel like it has a way of correcting human error at times...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

So Phage, it can't produce heating effects, but let me ask you, is the ocean capable of "healing" itself from the toxic waste that's been dumped in? I always wonder about nature and I feel like it has a way of correcting human error at times...

A lot of the stuff that's reaching the ocean has a long half life. There isn't really any way to correct that, no way to make it go away.

What will happen is that some of it will settle to the seabed where it will remain (and remain nasty). Most of it will disperse through out the ocean over time. It's a very big ocean with a very large amount of water. The contamination will become more and more diffuse the further from the contamination site it gets. It won't go away but it will fall to levels below background levels, meaning it won't be any more dangerous than what we are exposed to every day. So in a way there is a healing (more of a washing) but the stuff will be around for a long time, just like the stuff from Chernobyl is.

Eating shellfish from the Fukushima area...bad idea.
Eating dungeness crabs from Oregon...I'm on it.
edit on 8/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Aren't radioactive particles supposed to fizz away, or become harmless after sometime?
Wouldn't we be seeing a disturbance in the food chain if fishes start to get boiled or affected by this event?

I doubt the news would risk losing credibility when called out by folks (like those here who are promoting this idea) who knew the "conspiracy" beforehand.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Boiling might be misleading however I have no doubt it is heated. I'm not trying to be mean but some people on this thread don't even appear to be able to speak. Maybe Alex Jones was right about the fluoride?

The salinity of sea water raises its boiling point but it absolutely would cause fog due to the elevated water temperatures. Go stick your head in the sand if you want to. Anyone with a brain who can read the news knows this is obviously heated water. Einstein himself said it was a hell of a way to boil water.

Why exactly do we put water on radioactive material? Oh that's right to keep it cool. Cmon people stop being ignorant.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Learner
Aren't radioactive particles supposed to fizz away, or become harmless after sometime?
Wouldn't we be seeing a disturbance in the food chain if fishes start to get boiled or affected by this event?

No and yes. Nuclear transmutation for question one and you might want to do some research into the west coast of Canada Washington and Oregon. We are seeing sea life bleeding from all orifices. Am I the only one that reads the news around here?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AllGloryIsGods

Why exactly do we put water on radioactive material? Oh that's right to keep it cool.

Yes. Highly concentrated radioactive material gets hot. That's how a nuclear reactor works.
The radioactivity levels of the contaminated water are far below those found in a nuclear reactor.

What is seen in the photo is typical sea fog. Ever been to San Francisco?
edit on 8/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
'

A Twitter photo showing a “boiling sea” off the coast of Japan, near the Fukushima nuclear power plant with radiation leaks, has gone viral online.

Just in case I have already warned family and friends off Pacific coast sea food, At what point is the international community going to step in and do something?

You are right! Instead of US sending ships to war on Syria...best send these ships to Japan and start threatening them to do something about the leak.....OR ELSE

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Eating dung...from Oregon...I'm on it.

Phage...don't tell me you are on THAT idea?!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The angle of this shot makes it seem as if its not a fog burn off (down the coast looks clear but cant see enough to completely rule out). It could be steam from the plant running - with winds pushing it west. The only way I can see the ocean boiling is if a volcano was exploding from under it, and then the ocean would probably cool it so fast it would just let off some steam (quickly dissipating). I believe the others - have to because I don't know the temp of nuclear waste - that it wouldn't produce this effect.

I don't think they are hiding anything from us anymore. Its been all over the news that this stuff is running into the pacific. We know they are going to start pulling rods in November. Its a bad situation either way (leave alone or pull rods).

By the way - crabs off the California coast have been polluted for years (yellow gunk) from garbage. Our oceans are polluted. Thats not new. Ive always assumed Alaska is cleaner due to less people and therefore less waste. What's troubling are sea lions and seals aborting their pups. That's not something I've ever heard of before this disaster. Is that from this, and if so why isn't it happening in Alaska or Hawaii? It's coincidental but seemingly unrelated as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

[

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

When was this picture taken? Recently or a few months ago? If you know I'm just curious.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Don't stress...they're already prepping our children for it.

'Welcome to the new age, to the new age'

'Whoa....Whoa....I'm Radioactive, Radioactive'

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by Arnie123
Yea I really can't see the boiling, indeed it looks really foggy though....
I'm pretty sure a boiling sea would garner national attention, hey man! something's seriously wrong here.

How do you expect a story like that to garner national attention when no one can even go there, unless you're a Govt. official or Tepco... Its not like people are taking joywalks in Fukushima... We are basically in a place where we need to take their word for it. And if it is boiling off the coast do you think they would just tell the public creating even more panic?

You took the words out of my mouth... I may be behind a little but I thought all the mess with fukushima was over. I had no clue it was still 'leaking' or whatever..

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Boiling water , Fog , sea mist ,Cheech and Chong's party boat ....etc

It doesnt really matter what it is
It brought more attention to an assault worthy cause and that is a good thing

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

It brought more attention to an assault worthy cause and that is a good thing

Assault worthy?
Are we going to invade Fukushima next?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not that i am aware of ,but sending all the resources to clean up a pile that will damage the planet doesnt seem to be as entertaining as watching missile and tracer fire

maybe in opposite world
edit on 31-8-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
So why isn't it that the UN isn't sending people to Japan to investigate that? Dear Goddess...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if that disaster is left to go unchecked - that has dire world consequences... right?

So why isn't somebody there investigating that and if found an emergency to not just Japan but the world - why is nobody forcing ACTION upon this? They don't want to clean it up or admit there is a problem because of cultural ego?

What?
This is a mad world.

Cirque

Ahhmmm because nobody can do anything.
Its un stoppable, its not fixable, its un serviceable.

It cant be stopped, it is a catastrophe on the biggest scale ever known and will kill the Pacific ocean

Not culture or ego, its a disaster that cant be fixed.

Why cant people see how this is an event that will cease damaging the earth in about 25 to 50 thousand years

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Wow, isn't Syria the best way to cover this up and divert our attention.

I know it's been discussed about the science of all this. And that's fine I understand it and I am not arguing it

All I am going to say though is this...

It is still pretty bad, and it should not be happening. I personally believe it is out of human control now, but because nuclear energy is "The Future" (So I hear), we can't have a global panic attack that highlights the risk. So, you start a war a million miles away from it and just let the radiation be brushed under the carpet.

edit on 31-8-2013 by brace22 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'll tell you why there is no attention paid to this catastrophe. If and when we do take a closer look at what is going on now, and we have to decide what to do about it, we will have to face the grim truth that what happened is a crime against humanity. It is worse than drones, worse than gassing your citizens, worse than war. It's possibly the most horrendous type of crime that happens, but it was committed by a multi national corporation that brings light and power to the public. It's supposed to be a good thing.

The policy that will come out of this event will have dramatic effects on the comfort levels of our society and culture. Maybe humans cannot afford to have all of the creature comforts that we have without sacrificing the future of our children and our planet. Is it worth it? Do we want to give up Nuclear power forever? Facing the damage in Fukushima means we face the pollution at all levels and in all ways that destroy the environment. Nuclear power is not even close to being the top environmental pollution contributor. How do we address Fukushima without addressing all of these other things that plastic, oil, deforestation etc. etc. cause and the sickness, pollution and destruction they leave behind?

I'm all for fixing up the problem here, but really fixing it means that I never drive in another car, never take another hot shower, make all of my own clothing and household utensils from local materials and give up my iPhone. I'd have to contribute a large percentage of my time to cleaning up the vile and contaminated heaps of pollution that those before me left in their wake. That doesn't even touch on the list of sacrifices that I'd have to make. I'm down though, if everyone else wants to join me. Does that sound selfish?

The aftermath of our transgressions will be seen and felt by those that are yet to come. Try and imagine how they will feel living with the sacrifices, sickness, and and death that define their lives because we chose not to see the far-reaching consequences of our comfortable lifestyle.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join