It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media in Australia and the Syrian crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well from my perspective at least there seems to be a lot of conjecture as to who detonated the chemical weapons in Syria, who is actually responsible is still questionable (if you read sites like ats anyway).

The issue I have with Assads regime being responsible for using the said weapons is contended by the fact, Assads military had gained the upper hand in the conflict, and if I am not wrong??
www.indybay.org...
could have even been at a point were they had reasonable control of the situation.
Begging the question, why use chemical weapons, when the UN and US had previously stated if chemical weapons are used the UN would intervene..

So as I sit and watch the news in Australia, all I see and hear is how the Assad regime has used chemical weapons on its people.
Very little, if not next to nothing has been released on msm to suggest the rebels might be responsible, in fact the opposite has been reported.

My question to those on the far side of the world, what is your media reporting? Is it a fair assessment or just a one sided spin justifying military intervention.

Particularly the UK, what is the msm media reporting there, has it been explained to the public clearly why parliament there opted out of intervention and what was the reason? We havnt been told
Thanks
edit on 30-8-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
From Britain's point of view, there's to much uncertainty and not enough facts, parliament weren't happy with all the 'it's likely' with no proof to back it up

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 30-8-2013 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Im in Malaysia, a muslim country, and they are reporting it as "US claims Assad used chemical weapons"

I notice the media here often takes a softer line but it is generally pro US.
Would be interesting to see who owns the newspapers and tv stations here

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias
From Britain's point of view, there's to much uncertainty and not enough facts, parliament weren't happy with all the 'it's likely' with no proof to back it up

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 30-8-2013 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

Off topic but just love this dailymail quote on your link
''So do France and the U.S. really
have such a special relationship?
Former 'cheese-eating surrender monkeys'
are now America's 'oldest ally'"

Maybe another Britain French war in the offing.

I have noticed Germany has been very quiet, is that a concern?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Australia is a real country???? I thought plato said it sanked!!!!o

So how is paradise

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Funny thing about Germany I agree. I know this is slightly off topic but on the Peter Lavelle shjow on RT tonight the subject of the suffering in Greece came up. After a reasonable discussion the guy from Brussels exploded or loudly spluttered and announced it was not the banks that were causing Greece's suffering but the Germans who had a vested interested in keeping all the EU together because it was the Germans biggest market and they were the ones making money. It was very odd indeed but made sense.

The media in the UK is leaning to the end result of saying Assad dropped the chemical weapons but as the people and politicians want to wait for the Inspectors findings they will lipserve that end till they start up again. But the media is mostly Jewish owned eg so whatever agenda is fixed it is likely to be linked to safeguarding Israel, the banks and a somewhat interesting/strange relationship with Saudi.

Your point about Assad starting to win so did not need to use chemical weapons is a point I have not heard before yet is extremely valid.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Australia is a real country???? I thought plato said it sanked!!!!o

So how is paradise

Not a real country, just an unrecognised province of the US.
Yes we did sink, but we just stood the backs of a few sheep, that bailed us out.

The only reason its paradise is its so far away from the rest of the world, so far so good.
but for how long.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Im in Malaysia, a muslim country, and they are reporting it as "US claims Assad used chemical weapons"

I notice the media here often takes a softer line but it is generally pro US.
Would be interesting to see who owns the newspapers and tv stations here

I read the Malaysian media is partly state owned
Wonder what the other Muslim countrys are reporting.

Shia or Sunni perspectives I guess

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
My view on the Australian mainstream media is that I still watch and read some of it because I like to see the blatant lies so I can keep my eye's on the truth !

join