It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: US intel assessment based on ‘terrorist lies’ – Syria Foreign Ministry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The intelligence assessment the US administration presented as evidence that the Syrian government deployed chemical weapons on its own people is baseless and based on “terrorist lies” and “media exaggeration,” Syrian foreign ministry sources say.

A source at the Foreign and Expatriates Ministry told Sana, Syria’s state-owned news agency, that any American military action in Syria would only serve the political interests of the United States, despite pledges from US lawmakers that the action is meant to curb the use of chemical weapons against civilians.

US Secretary of State John Kerry said during a speech Friday that US intelligence had determined with high confidence that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was responsible for killing hundreds of people in a chemical weapons attack last week.

While US officials cannot determine for certain that Assad forces launched the assault, Kerry did say it claimed the lives of 1,429 Syrians, including no less than 426 children.

“Our high confidence assessment is the strongest position that the US Intelligence Community can take short of confirmation,” a government report read in part. “We will continue to seek additional information to close gaps in our understanding of what took place.”

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

RT NEWS rt.com...
edit on 30-8-2013 by deviant300 because: Follow up

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

The plot just keeps getting "thicker"~

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Really?
The Syrian government does not agree with the US assessment? Now that is a surprise.

"Details to Follow"? What's the point of that?
edit on 8/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Quick! Where's the shocked face!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Never had no use for 'em anyhow.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

A real hornets nest waiting to be stirred maybe better to deal with the devil you know than the devil you don't ??????

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

'DETAILS TO FOLLOW'

Means it was just breaking when I posted it up as a thread I have just updated the thread.
edit on 30-8-2013 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I know what it means. I said what's the point. What's the point of RT putting anything up without the "details". Details which, it seems, have nothing to do with Syria's statements.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Probably in the same vein as Kerry's we know stuff we wont tell you to justify the attack line...

Meaning non-existent.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
How funny is it to hear Syria of all people whining about terrorism,lmao.2nd.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If I was Assad I would offer to take a lie detector test and challenge Obama to do the same. Nothing short of that would convince me that killing more civilians is justified. The US and it's allies devastated Iraq and Libya and killed thousands of innocents without just cause, we used Agent Orange in Vietnam and Nuked Japan...I really don't believe a word our government says anymore, and I strongly resent Obama and Kerry's dog and pony show today to convince the American people that this is OUR Duty, our duty is to demand actual PROOF before such a drastic action is taken.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Still hasn't been any "Hard" evidence.

Just assumption.

I know any release of evidence may highlight sources to the "enemy".

But surely if there is a possibility of war, then it should be justified.

The UN report due tomorrow is just to confirm that Sarin gas was used.

The only other thing this report may also help with is by having the same make up as Assad's chemical weapons.

eee.UN - Syria report news
edit on 30/8/13 by esrom escutcheon esquire because: Add link to UN News source.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
'Suspicious' intel ?

The initial confirmation that the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad was responsible for a suspected chemical weapons attack Aug. 21 came from a tip from the Israeli intelligence service, western intelligence sources tell Fox News.

A special unit of the Israeli Defense Force -- an intelligence unit that goes by the number 8200, which is a military intelligence listening unit -- has been cooperating with the NSA, sources tell Fox News.

This Israeli intelligence unit helped provide the intelligence intercepts that allowed the White House last weekend to conclude that the Assad regime was behind the attack.
Hmmmm...

Initially, according to well-placed U.S. intelligence sources, there was apparent confusion over whether chemical weapons were used and who gave the orders, but the U.S. now has access to intercepted conversations.

The administration also has satellite images that suggested the Assad regime was in the process of covering up the chemical attack by shelling the area where most of the deaths from the alleged chemical attack had occurred.
Double Hmmmm.

Some may 'interpret' the Assad 'shellings' as a response to an attack, not necessarily a 'cover-up' ?

Israeli intelligence first confirmed Assad regime behind alleged chemical attack

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Really?
The Syrian government does not agree with the US assessment? Now that is a surprise.

"Details to Follow"? What's the point of that?

So Phage you actually believe the assessment? then.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Did I say that?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My question is will the nut job pull the triger if congress ddoes not agree?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

While they're at it not to forget to ask him about the B.Certif. and his sexcapades etc.. etc.. the whole nine yards. That would certainly prove interesting.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Being lied to by Israel to start a war with one of their regional foes... who woulda thunk it.....??

Is the US just plain stupid to fall for this BS knowing where that biased 'intelligence' is coming from, or is this a coordinated effort to take control of the Middle East? Judging by all the backhanded dealings (coups, arming rebels to overthrow gov's, etc.) I'd surely say it's the latter.

Just leave me out of it....

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I watched some of the CNN coverage on Saturday. They presented some information about multiple localities being targeted with chemical weapons. I'm not sure what other "evidence" has been declassified.

Does anyone have a good link that details all of the alleged evidence that has been presented to justify the POTUS decision to prepare for an attack against Syria?

Also, has anyone been able to call "hoax" on the "Turkish Police find Chemical Weapons in the Possession of Al Nosra Terrorists Heading for Syria" story? A Google translation of the original story would seem to give that story some validity.

Is it possible that one or more containers of Sarin gas held by the insurgents were ruptured in the mortar attacks by Assad's forces?

I would assume that the weapons inspectors would not only have samples of the chemical agents, but are able to plot how the weaponized Sarin gas was dispersed within the target zone. I would think that an intentional weaponized chemical agent dispersion pattern would differ from an "accidental" release pattern and they would be able to prove that.

Also, wouldn't Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS) analysis of the recovered chemical agents give a good indication of the source? In other words, establish some confidence level that these agents were in fact consistent with the chemical composition of those chemical weapons in the control of Assad's forces.

What I'm getting at is this: Is it possible that the shelling by the government forces may not have been the means by which the chemical agents were delivered, but the cause for the local release of agents that may have been pre-positioned by others?

I'm no fan of oppressive dictators. However, I view some of these despots as more zoo keepers than evil-doers. As long as they maintain power, they keep most of the other crazies under control. A handful of Cruise Missiles may make the POTUS feel better about himself and his legacy, but in the end, who does it really help?

I've been stewing on that for the last few days and now I've got it out of my system. Thanks for listening.

Dex

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Euphony

Being lied to by Israel to start a war with one of their regional foes... who woulda thunk it.....??

Not surprising really seeing as the US Regime is pretty much controlled lock stock and two smoking barrels by The Tribe.

<<   2 >>

join