It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Pearl Harbor All Over Again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
From cnn.com...

"We know that for three days before the attack, the Syrian regime's chemical weapons personnel were on the ground in the area, making preparations," Kerry said. "And we know that the Syrian regime elements were told to prepare for the attack by putting on gas masks and taking precautions associated with chemical weapons."

So wait...you're telling me that our government KNEW about the Syrian regime's plans to carry out a chemical warfare attack against it's own people last week, BEFORE it happened, and did NOTHING? And now they are using this tragedy as a basis to attack Syria? This, my friends, has Pearl Harbor written all over it.

If you recall, the theory goes that Roosevelt knew about the Japanese planning an attack on Pearl Harbor, but he let it happen so as to have an excuse to enter the Pacific Campaign in WWII. Looks like Dear Leader Obama is pulling the same stunt now with Syria.

This really has me rattled, friends. I'm very concerned that if we get involved in Syria, it could set off a series of consequences that could literally be the start to World War III. Please tell me I'm over thinking this...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Subsonic

I don't think that it's an admission that we knew three days ahead of it, just that the Syrian government deliberately planned and prepped for an attack -- we could have found out yesterday, for all we know.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'll just respond to your quesiton with another question if that is alright.

Is This Pearl Harbor All Over Again?

Is a frogs ass water tight?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I don't know, that's sure what it sounded like to me. I suppose you could read it as "we found out afterwards that there were personnel in the area three days before the attack", but that's not how I take it. What I get is that they saw this activity three days prior to the attack, but did nothing for whatever reason. It just sounds really, really fishy to me...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Pearl Harbor again? Im not for sure it would be exactly like that. Im thinking more along the lines of an "oops" moment with Russia in the region.

From June.

Russia announces permanent Mediterranean naval presence

In what is Russia's first permanent naval deployment in the Mediterranean since Soviet times, it has stationed 16 warships and three ship-based helicopters in the region, the chief of staff said.

A couple days ago.

2 more ships sent by Russia

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia is sending two warships to the east Mediterranean, Interfax news agency said on Thursday, but Moscow denied this meant it was beefing up its naval force there as Western powers prepare for military action against Syria.

But don't worry, they're just making "adjustments"...

"The well-known situation now in the eastern Mediterranean required us to make some adjustments to the naval force," the source said in a reference to the events in Syria.

And of course, these were all pre-planned "wink wink"

"This is not a new group ... but a planned rotation," an highly-placed navy official who was not identified told state-run RIA news agency.

The reason for the discrepancy in the reports by Interfax and RIA was not clear but confusion has at times surrounded previous Russian deployments in the Mediterranean because of the secrecy involved. The Defence Ministry declined comment.

So what could actually happen with these Russian ships?

Defense experts said the deployment of the two warships identified by Interfax could give Assad early warning of cruise missile launches, particularly by submarine, or jam radars or navigation systems although they might never be used for this.

Well well. Early warning, up to radar jamming?

2 opposing sides warships very close to eachother, while the world waits and sees how much longer until the US starts attacking another country? Sure, there's a good combination. What could go wrong here?

Here's a quick video that sums the above up if anyone wants to watch.

new topics

top topics

join