It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm Clouds over Northern Minnesota

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I love this kind of stuff! Especially love the first pic!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BristolStew
Post more pictures, dude. I can't see the storm; these are just clouds i see on a regular basis.
edit on 1-9-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

Then you should be taking pictures of them!

I do have more photos, but just wanted to share some of the best ones

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
beautiful mammatus clouds. no storms in Minnesota for the foreseeable future as of now though.
late in the summer like this powerful storms in the upper Midwest will be few and far between.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Well, the heat wave broke, so you are probably right. Although we do get them right up until October some years. One thing I have learned about Minnesota weather is to never discount anything around here, it can snow at any time...lol

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Another picture from these storms.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Very nice! love those kind of freakish clouds. Saw one myself above Oslo about a month ago and got some pictures/recordings of it.
Heres one:

I like those razor sharp lines in the clouds, and on the horizon here you could see some cool lightnings.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Those are awesome pictures, I love taking pictures of the storms too. Good job.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

For lightning shots, it helps to leave the shutter open for longer periods of time. Though if you're doing this in the daylight hours, it makes it a bit difficult. I think my only good lightning shots have been captured at night. Also, you can try a flashbulb setting so the camera goes off when it detects the lightning....this is all assuming you're using a dslr of course.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

Oh how I love cloud pictures. Those are awesome and thanks for sharing!!

The sky holds so much beauty.

The sky is all we have left.
We have nearly destroyed this rock that we live on.
Beautiful Pics

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by InkontinentiaBouquet

Thank you!

I love storm watching myself. I get a "charge" out of it

Yes, I love a good storm myself. And it seems I live in the best city for it.
Don't you just love the smell in the air also? And the way it cools things down? And the "electricity" in the air? Sometimes it even raises the hairs on your arms. One day at work, I can remember a rare tornado, and I stood on a balcony looking through a huge glass entrance and watched the trees bow down and kiss the ground. Amazing! And what do you think happens when I visit Vegas? You got it, thunderstorms and flooding.
Good thing I like it.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Those are all totally awesome, Darkblade!!!

Thanks for sharing them with us! S&F

(runs out the door to work)-------------------------------------------------------------> Exit, stage right!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I live in a "Thunderstorm City" too! Here in New Orleans in the summer it's like clock work every afternoon
I love it.....and trust me, with the heat and humidity here, by 2 or 3....you are waiting for that wind and rain!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

i was in Ely MN (NE, MN) on 08/21 when we had a sudden and intense lightning storm which knocked out the town power in the early am,

had quite a few more strong lightning storms since then too.

heres a video of that one, it isnt very good quality and you realy only see flashes of light, only one actual lightning strike caught in this video at the 1:45 mark.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

Thanks for those pointers, I will try that!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

That was a pretty cool lightning strike you caught!

Next time a lightning storm goes over I might try taking video instead of pictures and see if I can't freeze frame some lightning pictures that way as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Aww...I've been away from home for almost a month now and it's my favorite season coming up- Fall and Indian Summer. There is nothing like the blue sky and crisp air at an apple orchard or just sitting in your backyard having a bonfire and a beer/wine enjoying the dwindling bit of warmth and sunshine cuz you know what's coming. It makes you appreciate it that much more. And those clear nights when the stars are so bright and the harvest moon so big and orange you could almost reach your hand up and touch them. And then there's deer opener, pheasant hunting, and the colors peaking on the trees and the North shore and Duluth and Mille Lacs...and I could go on and on. I'm homesick, can ya tell?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Well, the leaves aren't turning yet, at least not up here.
I miss living in Duluth, this was the best time of the year to drive up the north shore!

Glad you liked the photos, and I understand being home sick. I get that way when I see pictures of Duluth or pictures of Alaska...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join