It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm Clouds over Northern Minnesota

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
yesterday there were several strong thunderstorms that went over my area of Minnesota and I had to take some photos because we don't normally get these types of cloud formations and they were beautiful.

I wanted to share some of them, Mods, if this is not the appropriate thread area, please move

I present to ATS, A Minnesota thunderstorm!

I have more photos, but have not sized them down yet. When these storms went over, there was the constant rumble like what you would hear from tornadoes, although none were reported. It must of just been wind under the storms.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

The joy captured in that first one is awesome. Beautiful pics.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Beautiful pictures!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Some more!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yeah, I LOVE that one!

When we got out in the back yard of the building my daughter went running all over the place and was so excited! I swear she would of been trailing glitter and rainbows while we were taking pictures.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thank you!

I loved taking these.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Amazing!!! I love a good thunderstorm with lightening. Thank you for sharing your pics, good job! MN is a beautiful place.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

I tried to get some with lightening but there is a dumb delay on the camera and I couldn't get any lightening shots. Maybe the next time one goes over

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
That's beautiful. I love thunderstorms. I like sitting in the window looking down over the valley.

Very cool pics.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by InkontinentiaBouquet

Thank you!

I love storm watching myself. I get a "charge" out of it

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Oh how I love cloud pictures. Those are awesome and thanks for sharing!!

The sky holds so much beauty.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Great pictures darkblade. Those clouds look fierce!. Nature sure is the best show on earth

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Doc and Nat, glad you liked them!

I love taking photos like that but have not had a chance in a long time, and when these storms went over I was blown away by the cloud formations. I have not seen clouds like this in many years.

It was very awe inspiring!

It makes you feel small and humble while making you feel larger than life and grand at the same time.

I'm still blown away by it,
and hope we get some more so I can take more photos before the snow flies.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Great pictures thanks for sharing! These are called mammary clouds. Mammatus Cloud

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nice pics Darkblade. I'm in northern WI and I think those same storms came over us and they were awesome. I was in Hayward at the mother-in-laws and the storm hit with a constant rumble of thunder and lightning for nearly an hour straight and during that time it dumped 2 inches of rain. Pretty impressive. But, also, I thought I saw on the Duluth news that a tornado did strike in the area West of Duluth. Not sure what area you are in but I was thinking that this was the same system you took pics of. This was Wednesday night, although these storms have been hitting the Northland almost daily for the past couple of weeks.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

You must be near Soup Town!

I didn't hear about the tornado in the west end.
Grew up in Duluth

I was there several years ago when a tornado went through the west end back then, but I was at a park clinging to a tree because there was no where else to go. I watched Grandma's Saloon's tent get sucked into the air and thrown into lake Superior. lol

Yeah, there have been quite a few storms this last week here.
Another one tonight, but it was just massive winds, nothing cool to take pictures of....drat!

Glad you enjoyed the pictures!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Yep, they sure were!

Well developed ones too!

I don't get to see them very often.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Post more pictures, dude. I can't see the storm; these are just clouds i see on a regular basis.
edit on 1-9-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I love storm clouds, such an oppressive but "cool" feeling/vibe from them in person.

Thanks for the great photos

top topics

<<   2 >>

join