It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebels Admit Responsibility for Chemical Weapons Attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I wasn't expecting to post anything on here, I just popped on to see what was what in the blame game in Syria and to see if anyone had found the third party in it all - when I noticed in this thread the name Bandar and also some mention of Israel in the same connection. It piqued my interest because I'd come across an article earlier tonight about the very same subjects and their connection to Syria.

I thought perhaps you might all be interested in it. (Apologies if someone has already quoted from it, or linked it, I usually read all the replies but might have missed it.)

Basically, it gives reasons for and the connections between, political violence in the Middle East, the rebellion in Syria, Prince Bandar Sultan bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud and also mentions Israel:

And no parties in the Mideast are more vested right now in urgently “correcting” the regional balance of power than the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the state of Israel – both nations increasingly frustrated by the inaction of their western allies and the incremental gains of their regional rivals Iran, Syria, Hezbollah and now Iraq.

Of Bandar:

At the helm of efforts to “correct” the imbalance is Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud, the US’s longtime go-to man in Riyadh – whose 22-year reign as Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to Washington provided him with excellent contacts throughout the Israeli political and military establishments

Of Saudi Arabia:

According to this shocked source, the Saudis had come to believe that if the battle for control over Syria “is lost,” the kingdom would lose its Shia-dominated Eastern Province where its vast oil reserves are concentrated.

Wheels within wheels everywhere as per usual.

It's an interesting article:

mideastshuffle.com...

edit on 31-8-2013 by aBeneGesserit because: Changed the quotes from posted to external.

edit on 31-8-2013 by aBeneGesserit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by theconspirator

The conspiracy side of me says that this is what is called a "Grey" PSYOP in order to give Obama a out. A reason not to attack after all the rhetoric and a way to save face. He'll probably be calling for further investigation.

I'm good with that as long as we don't start lobbing missiles. We don't need to involve ourselves in this conflict.

Something I think most of us can agree with. Lets throw those corporations under the bus on this one!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

I wish this news was from CNN or MSNBC. Alex Jones has gotten a pretty nutting reputation lately and although this is most likely true, no one's going to believe this....

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tomra

what then?

My hope is that the international community can work towards the international interest and overcome the bickering that promoting national interests produces. In such a highly charged political environment it is not easy, but if all the different national investigations can pool their resources it will help provide a clearer picture of the situation. Once the UN security council is on the same page with just what is going on it does make reaching any consensus about what to do more focused and appropriate.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by intrptr

The question is, just how many people make up Assad's army these days?

An article I read yesterday says that Assad's holding thousands of his own army (the ones who are Sunni) as prisoners just to keep them from defecting.

Well, the thing is. I'm sure there are probably spies and insurgents and saboteurs in Assad and the rebel's camps. I watched the news earlier tonight, people in our government don't care about who caused the explosions, which is a concern to me at least. To quote the fellow he said "we don't care about the forensics", but we damn well should because it was a crime and we need to find the correct people and hold them responsible.

What we should be doing is finding those criminals and bringing them to justice, not carpet bombing the whole place and hoping we kill the right person. As is Syria is supposedly a "secular" nation where people are fit to believe whatever they want and practice their beliefs according to the letter of Syria's national laws, but religious nutbags don't care about equality among peoples and "live and let live".

This has gone on too long, and too much collateral damage. If it were just Syrian government forces fighting a civil war with the rebels that'd be fine, but what is happening instead? Innocent civilians who just want to be left alone, get killed in the crossfire.

They should just do as was done in ancient times, each army select their best warrior and settle their differences man to man and whichever man won the fight, his army was the victor and the field of battle was acquitted.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by intrptr

The question is, just how many people make up Assad's army these days?[/QUOTE]
(In your attempt to sound objective/educated on Syria you did NOTHIN but show yourself to be the typical UNEDUCATED westerner who believes "C.N.N. tells the truth" The Syrian Military IS NOT Pres. Assad's, It belongs to the Syrian people, the figures from the west are unreliable, so lets just say the S.M. (Syrian Military) is 300,000 Active/ and 350,000 Reserves

An article I read yesterday says that Assad's holding thousands of his own army (the ones who are Sunni) as prisoners just to keep them from defecting.

You are VERY-Childish if you believe this, where is the 1080p Sat-video, not images of him doing this?????

Well, the thing is. I'm sure there are probably spies and insurgents and saboteurs in Assad and the rebel's camps. I watched the news earlier tonight, people in our government don't care about who caused the explosions, which is a concern to me at least. To quote the fellow he said "we don't care about the forensics", but we damn well should because it was a crime and we need to find the correct people and hold them responsible.

Please explain more about what are Syria's "insurgents and saboteurs" LAST I CHECKED he's the President of Syria, and Insurgents/Saboteurs are bad guys trying to "over-throw him?"

What we should be doing is finding those criminals and bringing them to justice, not carpet bombing the whole place and hoping we kill the right person. As is Syria is supposedly a "secular" nation where people are fit to believe whatever they want and practice their beliefs according to the letter of Syria's national laws, but religious nutbags don't care about equality among peoples and "live and let live".

Trust me Russia has sold/gave enough Advanced Weapons to Syria, to make sure our Air force WILL (I REPEAT) WILL NOT be "just going in there and carpet/selected-bombing ANYTHING in Syria, (Unless we want all 42 of our bases in the Middle-East coming under SS-26 Iskander-M fire) the only criminals ARE 1. FSA, 2. Al Nursa, 3 All other foreign "Insurgents/Saboteurs" that U.S./U.K./Israelis/S. Arabia/Qatar/Turkey put in Syria, which also makes THEM CRIMINALS also.

This has gone on too long, and too much collateral damage. If it were just Syrian government forces fighting a civil war with the rebels that'd be fine, but what is happening instead? Innocent civilians who just want to be left alone, get killed in the crossfire.

There you go again sound MAJORLY uneducated, 90% of the Syrian people WANT ALL of the Terrorist groups "eliminated" you better go to "YouTube" and watch the "constant" pro-government protests.

They should just do as was done in ancient times, each army select their best warrior and settle their differences man to man and whichever man won the fight, his army was the victor and the field of battle was acquitted.
What drugs/planet are you on The S.A.A. (Syrian Arab Army is "CLEANING their Clocks" RREEAALL GOOD there's absolutely no reason to do what you just suggested.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
From the article it seems they didnt know what the weapon was, and it was an accident.

Maybe those who accidently set it off (and didn't know what it was) were not expected to survive it? Dead rebels in the area would look good for the official story.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

And with the rebels not dead leaves leaks. I doubt they would impressed that they were going to be used in such a way or have they even thought of that yet?.
So......
Rebels are supplied with chemical weapons by you know who, who in turn fail to tell them they are chemical weapons deliberately, knowing that their loss of life would get the desired effect and attention against assad, other nations wouldnt stand by and allow it and get involved.
That about sums that part up.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

Who are you taking to? Me or Deetermined?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

You.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I find it more unlikely that Assad used them because: with the support of Iran and hezbollah he made great strategic progress in the last couple of weeks. Assad knows he would cross the red line and get the western world up his ass.
More important: The rebels used cw in Aleppo in march according to Russian scientists
Reuters

The evidence that projectiles where fired from Assad territory is not good enough for me, my eyes are on this Prince Bandar bin Sultan

btw How about Iraqi involvement? Al Nusra, Al Qaida and the supplies from Iraq?
edit on 2-9-2013 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSWATCHER

You.

Incase you failed to comprehend my post, I was making arguments for Assad. I do not think you understand that.

But thanks for being rude anyway

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSWATCHER

You.

Incase you failed to comprehend my post, I was making arguments for Assad. I do not think you understand that.

But thanks for being rude anyway

You FAILED TERRABLY, your arguments were 10000% WRONG!!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
I find it more unlikely that Assad used them because: with the support of Iran and hezbollah he made great strategic progress in the last couple of weeks. Assad knows he would cross the red line and get the western world up his ass.

Syria doesn't /nor had help from Iran, The S.A.A. did EVERYTHING by themselves, Hezbollah, came in "chasing FSA/AlNursa out of Lebanon, the ONLY way The"Criminal Western World" would do this is with 100k missiles firing at once or with Nukes, other than that in "a regular war", they will and HAVE been beat. 1."Iran‬ dismisses claims on sending weapons to Syria"= www.youtube.com... 2. "Syrian delegation dismisses claims of Iran military support"= www.youtube.com...

More important: The rebels used cw in Aleppo in march according to Russian scientists
Reuters

The evidence that projectiles where fired from Assad territory is not good enough for me, my eyes are on this Prince Bandar bin Sultan

The Simple fact you after all the evidence that the west lied about why the bombed Yugoslavia 95/99-Afghanistan01-present-Iraq 03-Present and you now would STILL give a chance to hear the so-called evidence, from News like Reuters/ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX/MSNBC/CNBC and the worst of them all "C.N.N." show 1005 with no doubt you still don't know about the N.W.O.

btw How about Iraqi involvement? Al Nusra, Al Qaida and the supplies from Iraq?
edit on 2-9-2013 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)
How about the News that's being suppressed about Iraqi Soliders fighting the Rebels/Terrorists IN SYRIA= 1. www.youtube.com...
2. www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-9-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Abdel-Moneim said his son and the others died during the chemical weapons attack. That same day, the militant group Jabhat al-Nusra, which is linked to al-Qaida, announced that it would similarly attack civilians in the Assad regime’s heartland of Latakia on Syria’s western coast, in purported retaliation.
reply to post by FidelityMusic

To me it sounds as if there was an accidental explosion in the tunnel that killed 12 rebels the same day as the larger chemical attacks. The day he lost his son. Wish the white house would publish their data or evidence. They said they new location of launch site. If nearby then we have a good link.

May I ask?
If we could prove beyond a shadow of doubt that the gas was supplied by someone else, would the US punish them?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join