It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane horns and thunder in the skies above Canada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
this "sound" seemed to die off like a year ago.

my favorite theory was some viral marketing for Mass Effect 3

here's the last thread i remember about it. it was here in atlanta, but i never heard it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's just metal grinding creating an echo throughout the valley.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
I agree, clearly this is a real ongoing phenomena. As this real news broadcast reports last year. Whether this video by the OP is legit or not I don't know, but clearly this has been happening. I am not sure if what the scientist say about the strange sounds is what causes the sounds or not, but I do know that if I were outside on a peaceful day and heard that sound I would FREAK OUT.

For all of those who say this phenomena isn't real, well all I can tel you is YOU ARE WRONG, and I suggest you look up news reports on the subject. I also find it strange that until the past few years I had never heard of it being reported. I am not saying It wasn't, I just never heard of it. Anyway it even freaks me out to listen to that full sound. For all of you who have not seen the scientific explanation you should check it out.

Seconded. It's all cool that the news coverage shows a scientist saying it's a perfectly natural electromagnetic phenomena, but why the hell haven't we heard about this before a few years back? I'd love to hear a first hand account from someone who experienced one of these events, say, 15 years ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by Tazkven

I just called the Terrace Newspaper and asked them if this is a hoax or a real event, and the man who answered the phone told me they are actually working on two stories about this right now, that it's not a hoax and that these sounds are being reported around the world.

I told him we were talking about it at ATS and that similar things had happened down here in Wakulla near where I live in Florida. So, call the paper yourself and they will tell you it is NOT a hoax.
edit on 30-8-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

Well done Unified Serenity. Thanks for making this phone call.

My concern is the massive amount of energy which is being invested into attempting to make these sounds seem like they are all hoaxes. What is up with that? If these sounds terrify you, go get counseling. Don't start making up shallow fraudulent dismissals to proclaim to everyone.

For a great example look two posts below this.

edit on 30-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I believe you are right.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
yeah very weird!

here's a local news report about them -

LOL!!! Thats THE fakest "news report" I've ever seen! Who the hell are you people and why are trying to pull off a stupid sky noise hoax to such a pathetic extent?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
This one is so flipping creepy!

Are you SERIOUS?! Thats THE sound from War Of The Worlds..... You people are so so so gullible and stupid

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiBosh

I think the possibilities include (1) skyquake of a natural origin, (2) skyquake due to an EISCAT or HAARP-like array, (3) entry of multiple cloaked space vehicles, (4) an act of warfare slightly out of phase with the quantum signature of our Earth but close enough to shake things up here, (5) a sonic weapon being tested by North American intelligence agencies and militaries, or (6) the Earth itself spreading and buckling creating the sonic disturbance. Of course, it could be the space Cetaceans calling to their whale cousins ............

Having heard a sound like a shofar's blast filling a community for a while I wish I knew the reason for these 'sounds out of the blue' but I don't. I think though our ancestors understood them as 'trumpets in the heavens' portending ... who knows what.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Melekim because: correction

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wow amazingly loud almost if two stardestroyers grazed each other. . I'm really curious what this could be..?
I don't buy that electromagnetic story..

Maybe old sound waves from WW2 bounced back from space to earth?
edit on 30-8-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
well, i did this with my guitar. it's meant for a movie so dont expect a predictable pattern

sounds similar as well

myspace.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Actually in this particular case, there was a perfectly reasonable explanation.

CBC News

On Friday afternoon city spokesperson Alisa Thompson said she had a simpler explanation — it was a city worker grinding down the blade on a grader. "The grader blade needed to be straightened. Kind of gets ground down, and it makes a very strange noise. It's as simple as that," said Thompson. "The video, the YouTube video, is actually right around the corner from the arena, and that's where our employee was doing the straightening."

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This one is from 9 months ago and it is currently my favorite.

Despite the nearly impossible difficulty in distinguishing which of these are hoaxes, I find this 'phenomenon' to be irresistible.

It reminds me of a scene from a movie that was made about Meetings with Remarkable Men, which is supposed to be based on true experiences that Russian mystic Gurdjieff had as a child.

In the scene, different shaman from the Russian steppes are competing to see who can make the "rocks ring". It is interesting to me because the shaman that wins the goat uses a sort of Tuvan throat singing found in Mongolia.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I explained what these sounds were in a seperate thread, and provided documentation as well as video evidence.

The U.S. military invested in a number of high-frequency satellite/radar/emmiter setups. Just prior DARPA was working on a program that enables viewing troops on the ground through cloud cover, even calling in for outsid consultative support on the program. This is months ago so I'm afraid I don't recall the project name right now but it's there to look up online.

The same underwater tech basically being used to map the ground with limited real-time movement recording. Enough to predict ground movement/trajectory, at least.

I'll try and dig up that thread if anyone cares about these sounds in the sky anymore, but if you are willing to suspend disbelief a moment and hear me out, what I've just stated above as the cause is true and verifiable.
edit on 30-8-2013 by SoulVisions because: spelling

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

Egads, who the heck would make that ruckus at 7:30 am? Guy should be fired but glad it's explained (and glad the city worker doesn't live in my area or we would've had words).

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bybyots

If I had never seen the unedited version of that video without the sounds, I'd be inclined to believe it myself. Frankly, that's not the case, but I can easily see how well these videos can be forged -- all you need a person in disbelief recording a seemingly normal environment, add a couple sounds to it, and bam. Instant 100,000+ vi- err I mean 'Strange Sound' video.

After looking around, there seem to be only 3 videos. Isn't that a little odd? Only 3? I doesn't take that long to upload a video captured by your phone DIRECTLY to Youtube with a few taps of the finger, yet there are only THREE people who recorded this? It's easy to see why people can believe this, but there are obvious reasons to be skeptical.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That sound sounds much scarier than any of the other ones that I have heard. Truly terrifying. As a side note I would like to say that it sounds like cloverfield.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Im going to have to go with one of the posters on the YT page.

God kinda sucks at trumpet.

I prefer this comment, probably more accurate

Nobody finds it strange that in ALL of these videos, no neighbors are out in the streets looking around? That it's always a LONE camerman looking around? You don't think there would be people running outside with their heads cocked back saying literally "WHAT THE F... IS THAT SOUND"?????

I must have missed the video where she was running through the whole town while recording. The 5 or so houses that were filmed could have been people that were at work, vacation, one night stand, backyard, etc. If I did indeed miss the video were she runs around while filming, please link it for me. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
Actually in this particular case, there was a perfectly reasonable explanation.

CBC News

On Friday afternoon city spokesperson Alisa Thompson said she had a simpler explanation — it was a city worker grinding down the blade on a grader. "The grader blade needed to be straightened. Kind of gets ground down, and it makes a very strange noise. It's as simple as that," said Thompson. "The video, the YouTube video, is actually right around the corner from the arena, and that's where our employee was doing the straightening."

lol, I have never heard that sound when grinding a grader blade. What machine makes that sound, and I wonder why this is the first time it has garnered any attention?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Terrace is very small town,sounds like a garbage bin being moved, or a very unfortunate neighborhood with a deaf or soon-to-be saxophone player.
edit on 30-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join