It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Media saying relationship between UK and US "Damaged"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Putting this here because, well, I did not see this last night. Also please move if need be

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.thetimes.co.uk...

Okay so I think this is a push by the MSM to get our political realm to support the US in Syria. We all know the results of yesterdays vote.

Of course, in my opinion, the media want us out there, its more stories and more money to them. So naturally, they're not going to want to push this kind of scenario to change the public outlook on the situation.
edit on 30-8-2013 by brace22 because: Spelling.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I think most of the public here would be pleased with an end to UK USA relationship.. we've been leaning more to being part of Europe this last few years anyway.. the relationship with USA has been on a downward spiral for years now..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It's a terrible situation all around, but with the way American rights and freedoms are continually eroded and legislated against, the corruption that is rife in corporations, judiciary and in politics..the increasing downward financial spiral...it's becoming clear that unless something is done to stem the tide of filth in these areas, by Americans themselves, then America is probably finished.

America as a nation is in it's death throws, it lived fast and will probably die young..mores the pity.

From a purely selfish perspective, Britain would be wise to consider cutting America loose or risk being taken down into the mire with her.

Russia, on the other hand, is ironically looking more and more the attractive proposition as a major ally of Britain...a safer bet than America in the next decade or so at least.

Preferably, Americans will sort out America and get their second wind...but unless they do, in a fairly short time frame of just one or two decades...they're finished.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Maybe this will prompt the U.K away from being the U.S lap dogs they seem to have become.

Just because Obama says jump Great Britain doesn't need to ask how high!

Let them make there own mess me thinks!

edit on 30-8-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Maybe this will prompt the U.K away from being the U.S lap dogs they seem to have become.

Just because Obama says jump Great Britain doesn't need to ask how high!

reply to post by andy06shake

Lap dogs? You understand the reason why America quickly became a nouveau Imperialist-Britain alongside its mother country, ever since just about the Boxer rebellion?

Those who pull the politician's strings will not be put down by a "vote". They'll get themselves and their cannon-fodder (us) involved one way or another.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

I think you maybe right.

This vote could mean nothing. If you look at all major companies who run both our countries, they have massive ties in both the US and UK.

I don't see the relationship going away at all. Sure the PM and President may not personally like each other, but the logistics of war and the financial gains of being "together" are just to great to cut ties off.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Russia would be a great ally. If you ask me, US, Russia, China and UK need to pull together to get the world out of its rut.

However it will never happen. To many clashing egos, beliefs and views on the world to ever become one.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
yesterday's vote in the UK displayed true representative democracy. I was beyond happy to see this reality unfolding as I watched the debate and I was highly impressed. This is what is the problem. These elected representatives in the US need to be forced somehow through a change of the system to be truly representative via referendums and the people's say. I think we underestimate ourselves in how much voice of reason we truly have and how much power we have if we absolutely stand up and fundamentally change the system so that people decide what's right for them instead of egotistical power hungry evil politicians who do whatever they want.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

"Lap dogs? You understand the reason why America quickly became a nouveau Imperialist-Britain alongside its mother country, ever since just about the Boxer rebellion?"

I understand that the world is a whole new kettle of fish these days. I cant change the past im afraid.

"Those who pull the politician's strings will not be put down by a "vote". They'll get themselves and their cannon-fodder (us) involved one way or another."

Lets hope not eh? Both France and the U.K seem to be backing away from any military intervention regarding Syria at the moment. If the current administration running the U.S has any sense they will also follow suit.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It may have damaged the relationship between the two respective administrations but there is still a shared bond between the people of the two nations.

As far as I can tell the vast majority of both UK and US citizens are in agreement over Syria, we don't want to see our nations involved in yet another middle east blood fest.

The UK media will play this up in an attempt to deflect from the utter humiliation of Cameron.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'm sure we will both get over it. We didn't support the war in Vietnam. America pulled their support for the UK in the Suez Crisis. This is not a new precedent being set here.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
It would be shorter and more appropriate to list the countries that feel they have a good relationship with the US.
Regardless of what the media says, most Aussies (and the rest of the world) are becoming anti American.

Alot of you will say "thats unfair, its our government not the citizens"
Thats a cop out, America is unique in the world in that your constitution has contingency plans in place for when the Gov does the wrong thing, Yet as a citizenry you do nothing!!!!!!

As evidenced by the recent vote in the UK parliament, other countries citizens are waking up and want no part in the world that your corporate machine is creating.

America needs to be restructured and brought to heel or it will crumble, history has proven it time and time again

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
must be a slow news day

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'm sure we will both get over it. We didn't support the war in Vietnam. America pulled their support for the UK in the Suez Crisis. This is not a new precedent being set here.

WWjnr

You are spot on with your comment......... this is democracy and that's the society we all enjoy freely....

Past conflicts haven't always been USA and UK but i do think now that the Falkland Islands will come to the fore again and possibly the Americans might 'abstain' from any comment.........

Seperately....for all those whom think the vote was right and we shouldn't get involved in any way..have a look at this 4 min video from the BBC in Syria......
Assad using Napalm and Phosphorus bombs on his own people............. what to do with Assad and what is the world to do with Syria................
www.bbc.co.uk...

If anyone watches the FULL video and still thinks we should do nothing (the world that si) then let me know...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

What should we do without making matters worse? Do you remember Britain's response to Israel using white phosphorus against innocent civilians in Palestine?
edit on 30-8-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Seperately....for all those whom think the vote was right and we shouldn't get involved in any way..have a look at this 4 min video from the BBC in Syria......

If anyone watches the FULL video and still thinks we should do nothing (the world that si) then let me know...

Regards

PDUK

Watched it.

Still think we should do nothing.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
UK out, France in. The French will love this! Even today, they give all credit to America for D-Day and none to the Brits. From now on, the USA and France are in love.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking
UK out, France in. The French will love this! Even today, they give all credit to America for D-Day and none to the Brits. From now on, the USA and France are in love.

Oh yeah, but as history has shown, the French are not the most courageous of allies.

I don't know if this will affect ties, but I know the UK are looking to do more with China and Russia. I like America, really I do, but I don't know where your government is going. I used to think America was like the UK only x10000000000 bigger and better...Now I think, wow, America is right f***ed! Now, if I can see it, I'm pretty sure everyone else can.

Don't get me wrong, I would never want to see America fall apart and be engulfed in some messed up civil unrest where men, women and children are all targets thats just dreadful. At the same time, Americans need to rise up against this. I mean, the British government are bad, but Obama and his mob are absolutely ruthless.

It's down to Americans to rescue America.
edit on 30-8-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
To my brothers and sisters of the UK...

The vast majority of Americans recognize and appreciate the history our nations have with each other. We cherish the familial bonds that still hold us together. I would take a bullet to defend the UK just as quickly as I would to defend the US, because of our shared values, traditions, and language.

This is just the media playing divide and conquer once more.
What Parliament did last night in denying David Cameron his war is to be commended. I hope that our American legislators took note and will act accordingly to prevent the US from getting involved in yet another war with no clear cut endstate or exit strategy.

PS: In the event of the collapse of the US, am looking for a nice town or such in Scotland or possibly Wales

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Cheap in both those places to buy, most people there are unemployed...inbefothejocktaffattack

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join