It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Monument to Lovecraft's God of Chaos Abandoned By Parties Unknown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You can't make this shizz up, kids.

Last Friday, a squat monument weighing several hundred pounds was found by the employees of the Paseo Grill in Oklahoma City. It appeared to have been chipped from its base, and dropped off on their lawn some time late Thursday night. It took three men to move it a few inches, and therefore must have been placed there by a group, or perhaps with a forklift.

The monument is a rough, three foot obelisk cast from concrete and bears the following inscription:

"In the Year of Our Lord 2012 Creer Pipi claimed this land for Azathoth"

Creer Pipi can be translated from the French to mean, "Create Piss" (which is precisely what an encounter with an Elder God is bound to do); but is more likely an anagram of Eric Piper.

Piper is a OK City artist whose work features a thematic focus on the occult and the strange. As of this date, he has neither confirmed nor denied being the one responsible for the monument or its relocation. A self-proclaimed cultist in one of the links below asserts that Creer Pipi is an authority cited in one of the "lesser tomes". The reader is left to shrug and hand this all off to Peter Levenda for further study.

More on this story here, here, and here.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Eidolon23 because: Image swap.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
"in the year of our lord"? Seems wrong for a cultist!

I would have written something else.. Like "As the stars ascension is near" or such..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I know, right? That was my first thought, too.

The Things from beyond time are running on a Gregorian calendar?

edit on 30-8-2013 by Eidolon23 because: Elder Gods for Christ: just don't make eye contact.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I found that pretty strange and interesting, in fact quite bizarre, will look more into that later.....

I was also interested in the other part about the time traveller leaving us a message from 2034, REALLY??....Mmmmmmm, but you never know do you?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
You know?

What's up in Oklahoma? Is this sort of thing common knowledge for local Oklahomian web-journalists?

Azathoth “is a fictional deity in Lovecraft’s Cthulhu Mythos and Dream Cycle stories. It’s “epithets” include ‘The Blind Idiot God,’ ‘Nuclear Chaos,’ and the ‘Daemon Sultan.’

www.reddirtreport.com...

That just seems off to me.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Wiki-wiki-wiki.

Still, this wouldn't be the first bizarre stone monument of unknown provenance to turn up in OK. The Heavener Runestones, and the Shawnee runestones also merit a look-see:

The "Heavener Runestone" of Oklahoma is a slab about 12 feet high, 10 feet wide, and 16 inches thick with runic letters spelling out the word "Gaomedat"... The official theory is that the stone was erected as a boundary marker between 600 A.D. and 900 A.D.

There are several more theories regarding the Heavener stones. In 1967, Alf Monge, a former US Army cryptographer asserted that the symbols are a runic puzzle, indicating a date, equivalent to November 11, 1012, St. Martin's Day, on our calendar. According to Monge, all of the cryptic runic messages in North American and those found in Stave Churches in Norway, are deciphered as dates of church holidays. He feels there is evidence that the creator of this puzzle and others found in North America was Eirik Gnupsson, known as Henricus, who was made Bishop of Greenland in 1112. Henricus was believed to have made several trips to Vinland and farther inland

www.sunnyway.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So...what might the significance be, or the event suggest, in your, imo, very esteemed opinion?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Go to Eric Piper's blog and scroll thru his February 13th 'notes'...a picture's worth a thousand words...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostgirl
Go to Eric Piper's blog and scroll thru his February 13th 'notes'...a picture's worth a thousand words...

Oops, sorry all, the link is up there in Gut's original post...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
So...what might the significance be, or the event suggest, in your, imo, very esteemed opinion?

Significance? Hhmmm........He finally figured a way to get it from his garage to the restaurant?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

That. ^

Also, seeing as the restaurant is located in a thriving arts district, frustrated artist may be trolling.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
That. ^

Also, seeing as the restaurant is located in a thriving arts district, frustrated artist may be trolling.

Those fun-loving Lovecraftians!! Better than those Georgia Guidestones guys tho I reckon!

edit on 30-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I am inclined to look on it more as a hilarious, inspired Random Act of Chaos. If you have an interest in the Lovecraftian mythos, it is certainly noteworthy.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Very curious, seems like a great deal of effort for shenanigans.

Interesting that it's recently been removed or chipped from it's base, seemingly quite recently. Likely nearby.

I'd be checking the base of the stone for paintwork that may match some abrasions or scratches in the tray liner of Mr Pipers Silverado truck

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Sorry, I don't have any funny quips to add....perhaps it is my mood, lately..

Knowing what I know about Lovecrafts' particular mythos, I'd say it's just more acknowledgement it really all just is about food, the need for it, being manipulated by that need, and then becoming it......

Horrible thought, I know. but I have an alien ant farmish kind of vibe for quite a while, now. Whoever's got the vibrator, I sure wish you'd turn it off....

Maybe that's a tad funny, in it's own way.....

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well at least it wasn't a monument to Nylarothep. Better a mad idiot god then the gate and key
That's a lot of effort for a "prank".
edit on 31-8-2013 by hangedman13 because: spelling

top topics

join