It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Killed Kennedy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

That is a really SUPERIOR documentary series. A lot of history, news reports, documents, and interviews that would otherwise be lost and most folk have never seen.

It really gave me a MUCH better understanding of the events and the eras that it covers. Best history lesson I've ever received.

edit on 31-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Very indept Video on the Kenndy Assasination here . All the " Dots " are Connected in a very feasable way .

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

Indept Video on the Kenndy Assasination here . All the " Dots " are Connected in a very feasable way .

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The owners of the federal reserve killed Kennedy....since he tried to cut them out of the loop. They would end the world if they didnt get their way...literally...whats one president to children in a temper tantrum?

He was by the way, the last real and honestly elected president in the US....
edit on 10 31 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Personally, my money's on the US intelligence community (the CIA et al), possibly through organized crime. Why? At the time Kennedy was assassinated, the CIA were trying their hardest to start a war with the Soviet bloc, via Cuba. I believe Kennedy was close to axing them entirely in the wake of learning about Operation Northwoods, and the upper echelon of the military/intelligence community (who at the time were practically caricatures like General Ripper in Dr. Strangelove) wouldn't allow that to happen.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

He was by the way, the last real and honestly elected president in the US....

Oh no. Do you not know that Kennedy money bought the victory in West Virginia.

Do you not know that Joe Kennedy made a deal with Chicago mobsters to insure victory in IL?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
New World System killed Kennedy
Dr Dunnigan

Fascinating stuff.......

Ya wouldn't believe it even if all the MSM folks told you outright.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The only thing 'unbelievable' about shots from the book depository ... is that one of them missed. The place is a historic site. I have stood in the window right next to where the shots supposedly came from. I don't see how any shot from that vantage point could fail to hit its target. But, that's just me. ETA: What I mean ... is that the distance is so close (like 20 yards considering the height and everything), I actually think I could have killed JFK with a brick thrown from the window. At that range I wouldn't even consider using sights ... seriously.

Shots from the grassy knoll are much more likely if you're a shooter who plans to leave the scene. ETA: The grassy knoll is also insanely close (like 50 yards) to the motorcade's route of travel. It's so close, that aiming at the middle of a person's face from that distance would most likely result in a bullet ripping off the top of your targets skull if you were in a hurry and didn't adjust for it.

Oswald may have been involved ... but obviously he was a patsy. I could see him firing the first shot. The miss would be most likely intentional, but it would provide distraction for follow-ups from another location. ETA: Was Oswald killed because he was going to testify he had intentionally missed?

ETA: Funny thing about what I mention here: Go find it anywhere on MSM. All of the alphabet news agencies always make it sound like impossible shots were made. The real truth is that the shots were taken from such close range that a properly zeroed weapon would be a poor choice to 'aim' with.
edit on 1112013 by Snarl because: ETAs

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Who killed JFK?
Zapruder frame 313.
Oswald has just fired his last shot.

The thing that always amazes me is how freaking close Jackie's head is so damn close to JFK. Another thing, if we are to believe that a single bullet can cause so many injuries in JFK and John Connally, how could Mrs. Connally or Jackie avoid being struck by bullet fragments from the killing shot?

If the bullet came from the front, Jackie and Mrs. Connally would be in no danger of getting bullet shrapnel.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

abdel

Que bono? L.B.J. He had a track record for bumping off people he disliked.

Agreed. If he wasn't at the head of the assassination plot, he was up to his neck in it.

Watch archive footage of LBJ and JFK together...it's clear LBJ hated the ground JFK walked on.

It's in the eyes. Look at LBJ's eyes when he looks at JFK...there's murder in them.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Grifter42
reply to post by Thorneblood

Yeah, but I want to hear your guys opinions on who killed him.

Personally, my money is on the CIA.

Then you'd be losing a lot of money. Oswald acted alone. As I've said 100000 of times here..is it really THAT hard to believe that some idiot wanted to kill the president on his own? Take the year and all that was going on into consideration. It's not far fetched. And no,don't ask me for links. Get off the conspiracy sites and research it yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

leostokes

I have no doubt that it was the CIA. Oswald had been associated to them for some time,
reply to post by Scorchio

Oswald was indeed associated with the CIA. But there is more. He was also associated with the Defense Intelligence Agency. He was also an informant for the FBI.

Oswald was a lot of things but he certainly wasn't any of the above.

He was a loser,looking for fame.
edit on 1-11-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

nightstalker78

Grifter42
reply to post by Thorneblood

Yeah, but I want to hear your guys opinions on who killed him.

Personally, my money is on the CIA.

Then you'd be losing a lot of money. Oswald acted alone. As I've said 100000 of times here..is it really THAT hard to believe that some idiot wanted to kill the president on his own? Take the year and all that was going on into consideration. It's not far fetched. And no,don't ask me for links. Get off the conspiracy sites and research it yourself.

Oswald was a patsy. He wasn't in the sniper's nest. He was identified by Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig after being seen running down the grassy knoll and jumping into a light green station wagon. When Craig was called to the station to make an ID, he did it without question. The other officer then asked Oswald, "What about the car?" It was Oswald himself, himself who said that the car belonged to his landlady and told them not to try to drag her into it!!

The rifle found in the SBD was a 7.65 Mauser!!!! If you watch the vids, you will get to see all the talking heads, including Cronkite report that. Then the next morning, Cronkite report it had been misidentified. The Mauser you saw being held by the straps the day before morphed into the Italian mail order rifle and the Mauser disappeared into the aether.

Remember, there was not ONE slug recovered from the murder scene or the body of either man (as far as we know. I wouldn't disregard the possibility anything not fitting the story and removed from Connelly would disappear, as well)
edit on 1-11-2013 by CornShucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

nightstalker78

leostokes

I have no doubt that it was the CIA. Oswald had been associated to them for some time,
reply to post by Scorchio

Oswald was indeed associated with the CIA. But there is more. He was also associated with the Defense Intelligence Agency. He was also an informant for the FBI.

Oswald was a lot of things but he certainly wasn't any of the above.

He was a loser,looking for fame.
edit on 1-11-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

The truth is gradually being revieled, but you have to be willing to look. At 6:30 into this vid, you will get to hear FBI Agent James Hosty testify to the FBI oversight committee about circumstances as to the destruction of the letter Oswald hand delivered upon arriving in Dallas. Disgusting. This happened less than three hours after they killed their patsy.

(There's the possibility YT will give you that error message. Just click to watch. (If you are truly interested.))

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The GUT
reply to post by CornShucker

That is a really SUPERIOR documentary series. A lot of history, news reports, documents, and interviews that would otherwise be lost and most folk have never seen.

It really gave me a MUCH better understanding of the events and the eras that it covers. Best history lesson I've ever received.

edit on 31-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

I can scratch one off my bucket list. Didn't want to go to my rest not knowing what really happened.

After having lived through it, I won't tolerate discussion of killing a president regardless of who they are. If can't get someone to stop, I walk away. We had a political/military coup happen on LIVE television and the country still hasn't healed...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Thorneblood
America killed Kennedy.
-- snip --

Since I discovered this thread, your reply has stubbornly tugged at my thoughts and heart... You managed to say something incredibly profound in those three words.

The Kennedy family background is as well documented as JFK's personal shortcomings. That still doesn't change my impression that he was a man who not only took the job seriously, but loved it and his country as well.

When Mark Lane created the mini-documentary of Two Men In Dallas, he really had his finger on something.

Fate put two men with as disparate backgrounds as possible in Dealey Plaza. JFK came from a life of luxury and opportunity while Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig was a grade school dropout who'd had to learn to survive on his own and get his education through daily life.

On the other hand, I believe both men shared a connection... They intended to do their sworn duties to the best of their ability up to and including putting their life on the line. Sadly, they paid the ultimate price for having true conviction.

From Here

The battle ground had been picked and the UNwelcome mat was out for President Kennedy. Unknown to most of us, the rest of the plan was being completed. The patsy had been chosen and placed in the building across from the court house—where he

could not deny his presence after it was all over. This was done with the apparent approval and certainly with the knowledge of our co-workers, the F.B.I., since they later admitted that they knew Lee Harvey Oswald was employed at the School Book

Depository Building located on the corner of Elm Street and Houston Street across from the Sheriff‘s Office.

The security had been arranged by the Secret Service and the Dallas Police—our boys in blue. The final touch was put on by Sheriff James Eric (Bill) Decker. On the morning of November 22, 1963 the patrolmen in the districts which make up the

Dallas County Sheriff‘s Patrol Division were left in the field, ignorant of what was going on in the downtown area, which was just as well. Decker was not going to LET them do anything anyway.

About 10:30 a.m. November 22, 1963, Bill Decker called into his office what I will refer to as his street people—plain-clothes men, detectives and warrant men, myself included—and told us that President Kennedy was coming to Dallas and that the

motorcade would come down Main Street. He then advised us that we were to stand out in front of the building, 505 Main Street and represent the Sheriff‘s Office. We were to take no part whatsoever in the security of that motorcade.

So . . . the stage had been set, all the pawns were in place, the security had been withdrawn from that one vulnerable location. Come John F. Kennedy, come to Elm and Houston Streets in Dallas, Texas and take your place in history!

The time was 12:15 p.m. I was standing in front of the court house at 505 Main Street. Deputy Sheriff Jim Ramsey was standing behind me. We were waiting for the President of the United States. I had a feeling of pride that I was going to be not more

than four feet from the President but deep inside something kept gnawing at me. I said to Jim Ramsey, “He‘s late.” Jim‘s reply stunned me. He said, “Maybe somebody will shoot the son of a bitch.” Then I realized the crowd was hostile. The men

about me felt that they were forced to acknowledge his presence. Although he was the President, they were making statements like, “Why does he have to come to Dallas?”

Something else was bothering me . . . being a trained officer, I always looked for anything which might be amiss about any situation with which I was confronted. Suddenly I knew what was wrong. There were no officers guarding the intersections or

controlling the crowd. My mind flashed back to the meeting in Decker‘s office that morning, then back to the lack of security in this area.

Suddenly the motorcade approached and President Kennedy was smiling and waving and for a moment I relaxed and fell into the happy mood the President was displaying. The car turned the corner onto Houston Street. I was still looking at the rest of

the people in the party. I was soon to be shocked back into reality. The President had passed and was turning west on Elm Street . . . as if there were no people, no cars, the only thing in my world at that moment was a rifle shot!

I bolted toward Houston Street. I was fifteen steps from the corner—before I reached it two more shots had been fired. Telling myself that it wasn‘t true and at the same time knowing that it was, I continued to run.

And so began the second death of that afternoon, that one just took several years and multiple attempts. Roger Craig might have had a long life if he'd just done what so many today consider to be common sense, don't get involved. He would have been following orders. Problem was, Roger Craig meant it when he took his oath and doing anything but what he did was inconceivable.

edit on 1-11-2013 by CornShucker because: punctuation, as usual....

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Alright, here goes...

I believe Oswald killed Kennedy. Not only that, but he was the only shooter on that day.

Now before you all hit the reply button to cut me down like a young sapling, hear me out! This position of mine is a complete 180 from what I believed up to a few weeks ago. Ever since I watched Oliver Stone's JFK from a young age I was hooked on the conspiracy theory. I bought it all: the CIA involvement, the strange connections between all the major players and suspects, the mismatched eyewitness testimonies, everything. But one thing never sat 100% with me from the start: Oswald.

Regardless of what angle you believe, he was involved; from being a clueless patsy to being the trigger man, he was in on it in some capacity. He had military training. He knew how to handle a rifle. And he was at the right (or wrong) place at the moment of opportunity.

But continuously viewing the whole affair from the conspiracy-side for years skewed my whole perception of the matter. First of all the majority of it is political in nature, exploring the dark links between government organizations and rogue elements, unknown officials giving contradicting orders, and a back-channel orchestration of events that for the most part cannot be verified to any rational degree; I would even say most of it is hearsay. Secondly, the scientific aspects presented by the conspiracy side tend to focus on over-simplified explanations for otherwise very complex items or chains of events.

What does this have to do with my perception of Oswald? Everything.

I only pieced together my new take on the matter after two events taking place on the same day: watching the season 3 episode of "Penn & Teller's: Bullspit!" (show title changed here for obvious reasons) titled 'Conspiracy Theories', and viewing the Wikipedia page on the 'single-bullet theory' (en.wikipedia.org...).

I had watched all Penn & Teller episodes several times throughout the years. I love their performances and the show itself, but had never given that particular episode much thought before. It wasn't until I happened to be watching season 3 while browsing ATS that I felt compelled to really listen closely to the arguments they were making regarding the Kennedy Assassination, in turn researching that Wikipedia article for the very first time. As with the Penn & teller episode I have browsed through those JFK assassination topics repeatedly on Wikipedia but never really read them. I was so focused on the conspiracy side that I was only concentrating on the viewpoints they presented as opposed to others.

I won't get into details here as I feel this isn't the proper thread to do it in - it's best left for another topic, another time - but I will summarize my change of direction regarding the JFK assassination as follows: the seating arrangement and trajectory of the "single-bullet theory" makes more sense to me than either the "magic-bullet theory" as forwarded by the conspiracy theorists, or the multiple gunmen scenario, given my understanding of basic physics; in turn the evidence of the kill shot being fired from the back as opposed to the front of Kennedy makes more sense to me from a medical standpoint.

Ergo, I now believe Oswald killed Kennedy. A complete reversal to what I had been believing since I was in grade school.

Now this admission of mine doesn't mean I completely believe in the sanitized version of events as officially put fourth by the U.S. government and the Warren Commission. Do I believe there was a conspiracy to kill Kennedy? Possibly. I don't discredit it entirely. There are some lingering doubts in my mind as to whether or not Oswald had assistance from other individuals, or if there was culpability with government officials who may have passively-assisted the assassination by withholding security and altering the parade route. Learning that would not shock me too much.

But a gunman on the grassy knoll? Oswald getting off more than three shots? An active conspiracy involving the CIA, Vice-President Johnson and/or rogue Cuban mercenaries? I honestly have my growing doubts with those angles as the more I think about them, the more they seem to be grasping at straws.

I now think Oswald killed President Kennedy and wounded Governor Connally with three shots fired from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository building with a Mannlicher-Carcano bolt-action rifle on Friday, November 22, 1963. I wouldn't state this as an absolute belief of mine yet, but it just makes better sense to me at this point as I look at it from outside the conspiracy box.

You may now deconstruct my opinion at your will, but I will keep my in-depth views on the matter for another time as I build upon my own recent change of heart.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SubSea

I wonder what fidel castro has to say about this.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yup but which Harvey & Lee?

Harvey & Lee

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Keep sticking your head in the sand!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join