It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder Says DOJ Will Let Washington, Colorado Marijuana Laws Go Into Effect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Of that I have no doubt. But don't come off like your doing these states some big favor. Be honest. It's all about the green, from the green.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by elcapitano75

Originally posted by deadeyedick
It seems as though some ground work is being done for taxation.

Does it bother anyone else that something like this, can only be considered with some form of taxable attribute?

It sure bothers me. I guess i'm weird and out of touch.

I guess it wouldn't bother me so much IF they would use that tax to back off on some other tax somewhere else. Yeah... sure.

edit on 29-8-2013 by elcapitano75 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I don't see them caring unless it's for tax money, otherwise they'd have supported it earlier for decriminalization.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by benrl

Of that I have no doubt. But don't come off like your doing these states some big favor. Be honest. It's all about the green, from the green.

What ever gets the war on drugs stopped, I don't care.

Generations have been lost to the prison system for minor drug offenses, lives have been destroyed.

Any step in the direction of stopping the insanity is a good one.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
Possibly this Admin's greatest legacy.. less jail, less crime, a bit of freedom.

It certainly better than all the other legacies we are getting, war, economic collapse, etc...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Very interesting OP, unfortunately I live in the United Kingdom,
However I urge all to read the following link....

UK ECONOMY TO GAIN £6.7 BILLION FROM CANNABIS TAX & REGULATE Almost overnight the UK could enjoy a boost to its economy that is the same as the entire annual budget for the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, twice the budget of the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and three times the budget for the Department of Energy and Climate Change.

www.clear-uk.org...

WOW!

so just by taxing and regulating marijuana for ONE year we could fund the Department of Energy and Climate Change for THREE years
edit on 29-8-2013 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Trust me, I know about that. And overall, I am glad. If they are doing it for these states, it will probably encourage more to change their laws, which will only be a good thing.

It's just the attitude.
I'm in a bad mood this afternoon, sorry. Thankfully, it's my Friday!
edit on 29-8-2013 by chiefsmom because: I can't spell today!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

What ever gets the war on drugs stopped, I don't care.

Well i agree as much, at least, there never should have been a WAR on drugs. It was all a scam.

How about they stay the hell out of it and let us have some liberty for a change without some overbearing bureaucratic regulation, taxation, complexity, agencies and strings attached that will make our heads spin.

Well that's asking too much i know. Maybe just this once? PWEESE oh handsome king Holder?
edit on 29-8-2013 by elcapitano75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
At this point all the framework for the laws is in place and investors are already exploring options. Give it a year and you will likely see your first real examples of what can and cannot happen with this new industry. Washington and Colorado have advantages in this and i see California and Oregon as being next to allow public sale, while Idaho and Utah might still be a bit to religious for this to fly as its intended.

I am not sure how the rest of the country operates on this matter, but i am pretty certain on this part at least.

Ultimately it will be an issue in the next election, that is why it is getting started now. Once there is money in it, and money to be made from it, then it will influence the outcome in some small way. I would NOT be surprised to see the democrats pushing this more then the republicans, but if both candidates get on board then it could change how each is perceived and who will ultimately win the White House.

We know the money is there but it is yet to be made clear who will take the power.
edit on 29-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
all "joint phone call" jokes aside...

they didnt need the DOJ's permission.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

That's exactly what they did in Montana. City sat outside the gates while the Feds destroyed the lives of people who respectfully followed Montana Law.... Which the majority of Montana people voted in.

Im actually surprised because there's more money in it for everyone including Fed and State if they keep it illegal.
I've never seen pot kill a family of 5... I'd much rather have my kids smoking then drinking!!!

Speaking of breaking laws... Isn't it against the law to discuss Mary Jane on ATS? (LoL)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
well I live in the very republican state of Oklahoma and they wont even consider medical use as an option here after the first state of California approved this 14 years ago. So that leaves little hope in my mind the state will be changing its views any time soon. I feel it will be the Dem's pushing this and the Rep's being the opposition. This leaves little hope for my state changing anytime soon. What I would like to see is a reclassification of the scheduling from schedule I to schedule II or III federally Which will solve all the problems IMO in one fell swoop. I would just like too see medical use legalized for all states asap at the very least a lot of people suffering could benefit from this yet its not about the people suffering that could benefit its about money and taxes as always

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Holder and his so called JUST US department said the same thing to California....................

Ask them how that is working! The Feds closed a whole lot of em down.....

Lies, lies and more lies...........

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Seeing as this is now the main headliner when you visit CNN.com...

What is this being used to cover up?

Yes, I'm being paranoid. It tends to lead to a long, skittish life

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
well I live in the very republican state of Oklahoma and they wont even consider medical use as an option here after the first state of California approved this 14 years ago.

Yeah, and when one of those republicans has a child suffering from Dravet Syndrome, I bet they'd do a 180 real quick-like!

And foytha mo'e...

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been 404'd by The Man!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well isn't that just so big of Mr. Holder? To allow a mandate of the people to go into effect? He's so generous and giving to us.

What a putz.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I feel sorry for you.

But at least you can go buy a crossbow!

(seriously, what is it with Oklahoma and crossbows?!)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Ah... Another legal vice to numb our senses, and cloud our perception of reality. Those are a few things our governments want, in addition to additional tax revenue.

I work with a few people who regularly smoke (including during the workday) and they're not worth a #@%&. I was in their position a few decades ago, so I know what they're going through.

It's also funny to see people in their 30s and 40s hiding dope from their kids, as they did when they were young, from their parents. PATHETIC!

A clear mind and dilligence will take you far. Abusing yourself limits prosperity [dilligence] your progress to higher awareness [clear mind].

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
Ah... Another legal vice to numb our senses, and cloud our perception of reality. Those are a few things our governments want, in addition to additional tax revenue.

I work with a few people who regularly smoke (including during the workday) and they're not worth a #@%&. I was in their position a few decades ago, so I know what they're going through.

It's also funny to see people in their 30s and 40s hiding dope from their kids, as they did when they were young, from their parents. PATHETIC!

A clear mind and dilligence will take you far. Abusing yourself limits prosperity [dilligence] your progress to higher awareness [clear mind].
you seem to be confused.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323

I largely agree with the part of your post I quote here. Usually when people tell me their feeling about this though it is accompanied with the sound of a pop-tab spew. That greatly diminishes the effectiveness of their words but does provide comedy.

edit on 29-8-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

Just letting you know this can be discussed here as that is what this forum is about. As per the intro to this forum here
Welcome, to the new Posse Comitatus forum

and number 4 on the list is Conspiracies surrounding the war on drugs in the United States

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join