It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 year old girl leaves anti-gun politicians speechless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This video is dated March 25, 2013 but is a must see video and it's not long.

This young Lady does an excellent job explaining why stricter gun control won't do any good.
She goes on to explain that while law-biding citizens have to follow laws, the criminals don't and uses Chicago as an example. And she has definitely done her research.

She's been shooting for 8 years and has been part of a rifle club since she was 11 and is eligible for a Shooting Scholarship from various colleges.
Wait until you hear what her favorite gun is.......

Please watch:

I applaud you girl....

Way to go!!!

And just a side note, no I don't own a gun but I am for the right of others to own them.....LEGALLY

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the average politician upon hearing logic crashes their tiny minds so they hear none of it.

Get that girl into a good College, she might be a future leader someday.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Unfortunately, the average politician upon hearing logic crashes their tiny minds so they hear none of it.

Get that girl into a good College, she might be a future leader someday.

The politicians could learn a thing or two from her.

Made her point, a very good logical point at that, in just a little over 3 minutes.
No rambling or dancing around the issue.

A 'straight shooter' one might say........

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Great speech. Unfortunately, the anti gun crowd will not listen to any words of wisdom.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

This girl deserves the congressional medal of honor.

That said, I think it is a shame that such level-headedness is shockingly inspirational.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow this is amazing young people like this give me hope for the future of this country.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MerkabaRising87
Wow this is amazing young people like this give me hope for the future of this country.

I'll give you an 'Amen' on that.... and a *star*

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MerkabaRising87

It matter not!
Even if 100 people like this girl got elected they would soon realise they must do as they're told....or else!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
First things first, this is not the first time I have seen that video posted on this site, in fact I am pretty sure the first video of it popped up less than forty eight hours after it was shot, unless I totally mis-remember my timings (possible, but not a terribly common occurance).

Second of all, I would agree that not only does this video inspire, but it shows there is a significant awareness among some young people, that the way thier nation is changing does not benifit them, but will hinder them and remove from them thier birthright under the founding laws of thier nation. I may be from Britain, but to see young people taking a stand and being intelligent enough to do so effectively on important matters, fills me with hope for the future of our whole species.

All too often, the well reasoned thoughts of those young people who HAVE managed to form thier own opinion, apply thier reasoning to scenarios affecting themselves and others, are ignored, despite the idealism of youth being the purest source of reason. People often tell me that idealistic thinking leads to bad things, and its certainly true that taken to extremes, ideals can lead down bad paths. But I find that this is because those ideals become tarnished by a percieved necessity to retain something familiar of an old method, when an attempt is made to create a new dawn, rather than leaving intact the best however, all to often what remains is the scum, the bad programming, the paper pushing, rather than the intent behind an ideal.

I would hope that this young lady is allowed to flourish in a nation which supports the rights laid down by the constitution, because, again even as a British person, I recognise in that document all the most positive and laudable aims of any system of governance, and it is my estimation that if the US government were to adopt a more idealistic approach to its own affairs, rather than trying to meddle in everyone elses, then its people would probably live better lives, and feel as if thier government was in the business of enabling its people, rather than crushing thier liberties one by one. The constitution of the USA is one of the most awesome documents ever devised by human minds, and to see the US government moving further away from its guiding principles is sad to see.

I hope that people like this young lady, and others in the US who see the rot for what it is, are allowed to make thier stands, hold those responsible for the rot to account, and free thier nation once more from the grip of those who would seek to move away from the shining example of freedom that its founding document represents.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Shes not a
dumb blonde!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This is nothing i don't hear here on ATS at least 3 times a day

new topics

top topics

join