It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Rocket Ever Launched From Vandenberg AFB Makes Lift-Off

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

the classified payload is expected to be able to distinguish details back on Earth as minute as the make and model of an automobile

No. They already have this kind of stuff and from many decades.

Something else...

The STAR WARS has begun....
edit on 29-8-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
>>
the classified payload is expected to be able to distinguish details back on Earth as minute as the make and model of an automobile
>>

OH LOL....lol squared 10. This quote must be the understatement of the century. They did that back in the 60s or 70s already.

Fact is, according to the report the satellite alone is $1B, and that's not a frickin' spy-satellite who "can distinguish a make and model of an automobile" (seriously, WHO wrote than article? A total moron?)....it's also classified and there will well be a reason for this.

A space-shuttle launch cost $500M, so I can see this launch/monster-rocket MAY have cost another $1B, making the total for this $2B...I think this is reasonable to assume. And as fascinating that sucker of a rocket is...I am afraid that those $2B launched here may not exactly be to the "benefit" of us.

(Thinking about a $1B satellite's capacities actually frightens me. I think if people would knew the truth they would be frightened as well. The report cited must be one of the most hideous and obvious attempts of disinformation I ever came across...the ridiculous guise of a "satellite who can distinguish a car model" just HINTS that the capabilities of this satellite must be extraordinary. Otherwise they wouldn't have made-up such an utterly ridiculous explanation).

Back in Space Shuttle times we already had classified satellites CAPABLE of zooming in on the shuttle to find possible tile damage, even some ground based classified telescopes can do that. And a shuttle tile is not larger than 10". I know because I just finished a book about this.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Interesting mission patch. The eagle is holding the earth in one hand and has the cobra by the neck in the other hand but...the cobra is winking?!? Buttercup tattoo on the eagle's arm - could it be from 'Tombstone'..."I'm your buttercup."

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hi rocket fans.

Someone up here was talking about power.

I remember that the 2 or 3 last Saturn 5 had a push of 7,500,000 pounds,
on 5 rockets/nozzles, lifting a 5,500,000 pound entity/system !!

If a rocket would have stoped?, the mission would have gone on !
It would have only gone up at slower acceleration and longer time. . .

Blue sksies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join