It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Discovered this morning I am heading to Iceland next week for 2 weeks, Never really thought of going there, but looking online it looks stunning, absolutely beautiful. Anyone been or live there can they give me some advice please?

Most importantly, where can I find Thor and his Abs and Hammer?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Just hit my thumb with a hammer, I am Thor !

Take warmth would be this Aussies best advice.

Jokes aside zazz, it looks like a true winter wonderland ! I do hope you have a wonderful time ...

Oh, we expect updates and pics.
Lots of pics.

( keep an eye out for the abominable snowman! )

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Zaz, you are super lucky. I've dreamed of going to Iceland for years. It's a super badass country, in government as well as scenery. I wouldn't mind moving there, just judging from what I know.

Be sure to see the statue where Egil Skallagrimson lived. It's at Borg.

Also, this too: bondwest.wordpress.com...

edit on 28-8-2013 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Lucky...I am jealous....Björk, Of Monsters and Men, Thor, Frigg and Loki! Plus they throw out the stupid politicians!

Have fun I need to find out how to get there!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Im not going to have a lot of free time, but I am hoping someone can tell me the must do's.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've been there...just go with the flow. The men/women there just want to have fun.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Here you go:

Do not hire a set of wheels from Cheap Jeep!

In Reykjavik there is a restaurant called "Grill Market". This is probably the best restaurant on the entire island.
The most common domestic beer is called Gull and tastes like crap, go for smaller brands, in most cases they are much more preferrable.
The city of Akureri is really, really nice. You should stick around there for a few days at least.
I liked Vestfjords the best; real strange and majestic landscapes. Strange vibes up there, strong tradition of witchcraft also...
Go to Vestmannaeyar and check out the town that was partially drowned in ash and lava. Real cute place.

If you have any more questions, contact me via my YT-account (same as the attached vid).

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Raud my old buddy!! I should have known you'd been there. Come meet me there, you can be my plus one (errr plus two or three) at a wedding
Your video is awesome BTW perfect to get me excited about the trip !

edit on 29-8-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

More than happy to help you, dearest Zazzie

Will return there in january next year, just after my exams. Looking forward to it immensly- we've got this great deal on a luxury hotel (through Secret Escapes). Gonna be some of them northern lights, seen from the sky bar. What else is there to ask for, ey?

I hope you enjoy Iceland just as much as we did. Don't miss out on the restaurant Grill Market, I just can't stress that enough.
There is also this wiener stand down by the water where former president Bill Clinton once had a snack.

Looking forward to hear how it all went

Much love and best wishes;

/R.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
hehehe worst selfie ever by a supposed world class camera operator

Iceland is stunning

edit on 13-9-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I am looking forward to a complete recap of the whole trip; pics, vids n'all!

It is so awesome that we can share an experience together, you and I ^^

Luv

R.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
here's what vikings do:

They fight
They swear
They get drunk all the time
They beat their wives
They like to party
They work hard but have a tendency to get depressed mainly because of the long winters and the fact that they're so interbred that those countries have higher rates of mental illness.

So if you want thor to be your master then he'll beat on you in iceland after he gets drunk
edit on 22-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I could not have got a more different impression of the locals to what you have described.

Hard working, kind, compassionate funny as all hell, and not one of them have actually even had a drink since I have been here two weeks?

Have you ever been here? Sounds more like a description of a visit to a trailer park in the US than Iceland.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ah, fun at the top of the bottom of the middle of the Atlantic Ocean! (that's kind of true geologically speaking)

All the vids and pics I have seen of Iceland truly are stunning. A one of a kind place.

also, there is a lion's face in the mountain above the Fellow in the Sunglasses.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I just left Iceland, and that place is one of my favourite on earth.

Vikings Rock!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Well of course we do!

I won't have that middle name for nothing, you see ^^

I am going back there in January to see the northern lights, do some horse riding (tölt) in the snow and relax at Blue Lagoon (did you go there?).

I am also applying for a semester at the Swedish embassy in Reykjavik. Wish me luck!

Tell us more about what you did up there! Grill Market???

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Raud I might see you there back in Jan!

Blue lagoon, of course! That place is amazing

I did the continental plates, Glacier action, ATV's, saw northern lights one night, did every waterfall you can imagine. The landscape is like the Moon, the glaciers are breathtaking, and Reykjavik is the sweetest little town.

Produced a music festival, went to a wedding and shot some tv and film.
All in all Im shagged tired!

my work

the continental plates were my fav! walking between the American plates and Europe was mind blowing.

My fav waterfall.

edit on 10-10-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

That is the waterfall real close to thingvetllir, is it not?
I remember climbing up there to refill my water bottle. Nearly slipped and fell in, lol

Risking to sound like a scratched-up record but did you feast at Grill Market?

Luv

R.

Btw, judging from the trailer I think I'll pass on featuring... I can't believe that guy is still alive. The Gods must have some real special plan for him.
Geez what a jackass...

edit on 16-10-2013 by Raud because: beacuse

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Muahs Raud
XOX

ps, gorged at the grill market
and they actually did me a huge favour on something.

edit on 17-10-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2017 by spacedoubt because: edit at members request

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Awesome!

My woman was pretty disappointed that we'd miss out on Solstafir playing at Harpan though. I think we'll be missing it with like a week or something... If you haven't heard them (which I guess you have) check out their latest album Svartir Sandar. It is quite something else...

Cool, you did the G-Market!
We will most positively go there in Jan. Heard that they have a burger buffet in the weekends at brunch time
Gotta have that.

I'll make sure to tell the chef in question that the mighty Zazzbot sent me, carrying a message of love and utter destruction and that all my wishes must befall me!

What favour was that? Did you order people-meat now again?
You didn't eat whale, I hope....you are not supposed to eat whale. That's just wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join