It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Two threads: one about hate speech, the other about the "recent surge in hate speech," one by Springer, one by Skeptic Overlord. One from 2009, and one on 4-4-2012. Both threads are now closed, according to information I get on my browser from "Recent Topics." Yet, both keep showing all day a post made by both owner/asministrators as of 11 mins. ago, and my time now is 6:16 pm, Wednesday, August28, 2013.......

Is this showing up on anyone else's Recent Topics? If there are added postings to closed threads, how come it doesn't show up on my computer and browser.

Just a question, sorry. Did someone hit a reset backwards button, and this is my clue
Or otherwise, WTH is going on here.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It just means the threads were bumped.

Sometimes the content of a thread needs to be repeated so staff can bump it and make it appear on the more recent posts list.

Hope that helps!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Even if the threads say they were closed, in one case years ago, and say under Recent Posts that something was posted on a "closed" thread 11 min. ago? But obviously, when I click on said thread, there is no new posting as it was a closed thread?

Thanks for replying. Just trying to figure this out......

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

A bump isn't a reply, it's just a "move to the top of the list". It shows up as a reply, when nothing was actually added to the thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Bump.
edit on 28-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Only their bumps don't say "bump".

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
OH, okay. thanks, bump......

top topics

join