It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O’Reilly Battles Military Experts Over U.S. Intervention in Syria – and Gets Double-Teamed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, indeed. In fact, oddly enough, I'm covering the B.C.E. period of conflict in the modern day Middle East region in two different courses right now. (gotta love overlaps.. twice the work for half the interest).

You're 100% right that the Middle Eastern cultures have been fighting over that land going back, literally as I learned earlier, 5,000 years we have actual record of. Who knows how long before that.

All the more reason that the U.S. never had a part to play, let alone role to lead in depopulating the areas of the region which don't appeal to us or please us in how the act.

Some day....the world is going to find they don't like what WE do. Not that long ago, we could have said "You can't do anything about it! Nyah!" ..and we'd have been 100% right, too. Now? They'll just respond with 'We're only doing to you, what you've been doing to others all over the world'.

It's hard to argue values or principles when we seem bankrupt for having many of our own anymore.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

We all know why Billy O is in favour of going into Syria.....

RATINGS

Fox built their brand on War coverage. The whole channel was an Infomercial for Arms Manufacturers.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by jonnywhite

How you should look at it is...

Assad has been killing people, he has his conventional ways... when would he go all the trouble to involve a chemical weapon that would get a red flag and involve other countries?

If you were Assad, would you kill people the conventional way like you always do(which everyone knows about), or would you suddenly just kill them with a nuke, post video on you tube and write "lol".. that would be asking for trouble.

Something don't fit quite right.

Playing devils advocate, because at this point no one knows what the hell is really going on.

But say you were Assad, and this Civil War has been going on for 2 years...and you are not doing that well. Your allies, Iran, Russian, China, have refused to get involved....but you know that if you can drag the US into it...that they might finally get involved. You can't make it blatant...you have to do something to make the US accuse you while you can still claim innocence, claim to what the UN to come investigate, but all the while knowing that you are playing a game to get the US to act.

Assad has put the US in a tough spot...if it wasn't Assad who used the chem weapons, then the rebels are playing the exact same game I illustrated above. So SOMEONE is putting the US in a tough spot. We have already said that chemical weapons use would be responded with an attack....someone is calling our bluff.

What's the correct solution?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Fox does not do segments like that unknowingly.
I am not sure why they made Bill play the condescending warmonger towards should-be respected military men, but there was a reason.

Did the segment point out to the viewers that the thinking that we should just go full throttle on Syria with the assumption of chemical weopons guilt, is faulty? That is the only thing I can come up with.

I am thinking they had to play the standard war-monger card to pander to the remaining hardcore conservatives, while also in all actuality showing the viewers of standard intelligence that what is being sold to us is a bunch of bullpuck.

O reilly is an idiot, but he does have bosses and those guys want their viewers to believe something. The question remains, what? You have to think the viewers respect military officers views as much as or more the BR's, right?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes you have Assad and you have a mix of mercenary fighters from all over including Colombia who have been going there through Turkey to fight. You know those drug cartel guys who hack people up. But don't forget they are not in a ring fighting it out. They are in cities with civilians that want no part with either side of this conflict. They are the poor souls who got gassed in there beds. You have a lot of refugees who are citizens who really feel the same way. Let them kill each other but not in my city. So this is a case where the UN should do some thing. Let them go out in the desert and do it where no body is at if they want. But don't just say the millions of people stuck in the city with this going on should die because you want some bad guys to fight each other and to bad it was there neighborhood they choose to do this in. It is not the civil war where they went out in a empty field lined up and shoot each other til the last man is standing while the rich spectators sit in chairs watching from the side lines,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have been protesting senseless wars since Viet Nam era. I am so glad the people are coming to their senses. I have been writing, emailing, the Pres. everyday, DON'T DO IT. Do not let the war hawks make you do this, screw saving face. Protect our troops from wars that never end.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

edit on 28/8/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

For one thing what has gone down in the middle east is happening, and continues to happen whether or not the US is involved or not.

What part of centuries is someone missing ?

You mean like the last three centuries when Iran has started no wars.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Right now, in Syria, our enemies are killing each other,” he said. “Where in our Constitution does it say we should stop our enemies from killing each other?
reply to post by neo96

That line says it all! Why should we put our military personnel in harms way for two factions that are enemies of the United States. It makes no sense. If I had a son or daughter in the military right now, I would be mad as hell!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That is a LIE.

Funny how Iran has been fighting every 'war' of the last decade, and since the 80s

Iraq in the 00's
Afghanistan in the 80s', and 00.s
Syria.
Libya.

Using their 'blackwater's' Hamas and Hezbollah in their proxy wars, and with Mexican Drug Cartels.

Ever single hotspot Iran is right there wonder why that is ?

Read this post

LOL

' Iran has started no wars'

Geez what a lie.
edit on 28-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

edit on Fri Aug 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep, I can agree w/Neo on this post linked to above ^^

It was the Brits that convinced us regime change was needed in Iran. Just because the movie "Argo" states that WE instigated a coup, doesn't mean it was entirely our idea.

Glad to see you go back further in history than most care to. Star.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by neo96

Nope.

The enemy of my enemy is still an ENEMY.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by neo96

Nope.

The enemy of my enemy is still an ENEMY.

I'm not saying I believe it, but my Govt. certainly feels that way...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

That is a LIE.

Funny how Iran has been fighting every 'war' of the last decade, and since the 80s

Iraq in the 00's
Afghanistan in the 80s', and 00.s
Syria.
Libya.

Using their 'blackwater's' Hamas and Hezbollah in their proxy wars, and with Mexican Drug Cartels.

Ever single hotspot Iran is right there wonder why that is ?

Read this post

LOL

' Iran has started no wars'

Geez what a lie.

You can cry about the proxy wars all you want America and Israel does the same thing and only an idiot whines about it when someone else does it. Unless they declare war and invade someone then they haven't started a war. Not my fault you don't understand what you are talking about.

Iraq started the war with Iran let me guess mean old Iran isn't allowed to defend itself huh?

Even a simpleton can figure out why they are in every hotspot. Because they are allies with those nations you know the nations we are illegally invading and bombing.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

LOL

So Iran has to go all the way in to Lebanon, and Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan to 'defend' itself eh ?

Even a simpleton can figure out Iranian bullets, and bombs have been killing Americans, Jews,Afghani's,Iraqi's, and Syrians.

But who cares.

Evil America!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

S&F and I applaud the post. First post on this site that made me think in a new way. It never occurred to me that we should allow the civil war to continue, so long as our enemies are fighting each other! Heck, by sending in a couple of missles against Assad, we could actually prolong the conflict and keep them killing each other for a little longer. Perhaps it'll cause Iran and Hezbollah to get bogged down in a long, drawn out conflict while the US sits back and watches it unfold. Brilliant.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How about we stop supporting the FSA as well? Stop sending them "non lethal" military aid isn't helping the cause. I wonder what else has been sent to them behind the scenes. We already know they're receiving plenty of arm shipments from the US's other Middle Eastern allies, Saudi & Qatar.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by neo96

How about we stop supporting the FSA as well? Stop sending them "non lethal" military aid isn't helping the cause. I wonder what else has been sent to them behind the scenes. We already know they're receiving plenty of arm shipments from the US's other Middle Eastern allies, Saudi & Qatar.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Problem with that is people are calling them 'allies'. They aren't. An 'Ally' wouldn't do that stupidity.

With 'friends' like that who needs 'enemies'.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join