It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hello ATS! I've been lurking in these forums since high school but a recent event convinced me to get more involved in the site.

My family, particularly my mother's side, has had a long history of weird encounters, and I'm no different. My mother grew up in an incredibly isolated part of Northern Queensland in the 60s in an old homestead, ancient aboriginal land that she believed had a sort of energy. Back then it was miles and miles of rain forrest and bush as far as you could see. When my uncles and her used to get together they would tell my sister, cousins and myself about the things they had seen. These ranged from orbs and ghosts to little hairy men and a massive wombat that chased them down a river gully!

My mother, father and uncles also sailed to St Pauls in the 80s with the intention of reaching Antarctica, and witnessed numerous USOS, submerged orbs that would pace their yacht then dive out of sight.
Growing up with these sorts of stories led to my fascination with the strange, and I have had experiences that echo my parents... I'm not sure whether my families history with weird happenings is to do with the remote places we have spent our lives in, or perhaps a kind of susceptibility to these things.

But in saying all of this I am very much a skeptic on a lot of issues, so hopefully I can add something to this awesome site!
Lastly, the "recent event" I mentioned that inspired me to open an account is pretty weird, I'll notch up my 20 posts quickly so I can get a thread started and get some opinions on a couple of photos a friend of mine took... hopefully it can be explained away so I can start sleeping again!

Thanks for sticking around for all that=D

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeddyZed

Hey there ZeddyZed and welcome ... very interesting intro and I for one can't wait to hear about some of those accounts in more detail.

Have fun and see you on the boards.

Woody

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hello!

new topics

top topics

join