It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nine Octave Pentatonic Scale

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have researched a lot of weird and wonderful things over the past decade and have scrabbled around in the dark in trying to gain an understanding of various arts and sciences.

Then it was time for music.

Some strange impulse made me buy a King David Kinnor, and intuition told me that I could find an amazing tuning for it...

I am kind of new to studying music, I've only been at it a year and I can't say I really have a good understanding of the ins-and-outs of musical theory, but I think I may have found something quite interesting so I'm here to share.

I didn't find this scale right away, first time... It's the result of mountains of scrap paper, thousands of calculations, hundreds of tunings, and quite a few weird happenings.

The series of numbers below are hertz values of my scale.

Nine Octave (Unison)

The first ten frequencies, from 174Hz to 582Hz, comprising five separate octaves, are the ones I play most often on my ten-string Kinnor/Lyre.

The higher frequencies, from 696Hz to 1056Hz, I calculated using the evident pattern of octaves in the first ten frequencies. Basically, when in order, every sixth frequency is doubled/halved.

This gave me enough frequencies to be able to try to create another scale, working in simple ratios as you see in just intonation. I just took the original frequencies, divided them by the larger number of the ratio, and multiplied the answer by the smaller number of the ratio.

For a 5/3 ratio:

528 / 5 = 105.6

105.6 x 3 = 316.8

Repeating this for all the frequencies gave me the scale you see below.

5/3 (Major Sixth)

I tuned my instrument to ten adjacent notes on this scale and it sounded wonderful again!
So I had another go.

3/2 (Fifth)

Again, tuned to ten adjacent notes, entirely different, but still completely beautiful.
I had another go...

4/3 (Fourth)

And another,

5/4 (Major Third)

All in tune.

So it seems that using my original scale as a reference, you can use ratios from just intonation to create new scales that are automatically perfectly in tune (to my ear anyway). There are many different ratios to experiment with.

It's changed my life in the space of a few months, going from not being able to play an instrument, to being able to express myself beautifully through soul-stirring sound. I've given these frequencies here so that if you decide to get yourself a fretless stringed instrument akin to the King David Kinnor, you can pick it up and play wonderful improvisations, in-tune, straight away.

If you have any knowledge of ancient civilizations, the universe, sacred geometry, nature, physics etc. you might recognise some of the numbers.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Can you record these scales somehow, so we can listen to them?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
up until a couple hundred years ago
A=432 hz
now a=440 hz

a=432 is also a solfeggio tone

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Etherguide

Good idea, will make a youtube video or similar.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by acacko

A sound observation!

There's lots more too

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by acacko

You beat me to it but I must add...

OP, you should look up the Solfeggio frequencies, also look around the internet for a copy of Vivaldi's 4 seasons or other classical music that is played in tune with the Solfeggio notes, it just sounds wonderful. If you happen to have a vacuum tube amplifier, the harmonics really blend so warmly and you wonder why they changed things.

The new music scale standard of 440hz introduces a more chaotic sound.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

I own a set of Solfeggio tuning forks

Believe me when I say these frequencies are the best way of communicating your inner self to God through improvisation as prayer. I think the different scales will resonate with different people, still connecting them to the power of the core range of frequencies through the simple ratios used.

The numbers in the core range are amazing, the 582Hz note being the top of the range I play on the Kinnor, the numbers themselves look like a cup of sorts.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

I do not know if you have ever seen this website but I came across it in some of my research regarding cymatics.

Sacred Frequencies

It is worth a read, including some of the links on the page like the one for the healing frequencies, there are charts in there somewhere for a frequency-ailment correspondence and take what you will from it but I believe the ancients knew far more than we have been taught.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Some good stuff there, I've come across a lot of it studying sound before I started looking into music theory. I got quite into the idea that I might be able to learn how to move stone with the right sound. Apparently the Tibetan monks who can levitate boulders employ the use of some pretty sophisticated and spot-on measurements of distance and sound that tie-in with the harmonics of the earth and its voyage, numbers confirmed by physicists as being pretty important.

A lot of these kinds of numbers, and numbers in my scale, can be found encoded in the Bible and other key texts, also in timeline cycles and other far-reaching truths.

Gematria also yields some interesting and unquestionable connections.

I've had some weird stuff happen during my time working on this as well... Makes me wonder what's next

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Please accept my heartfelt thanks for your post and for sharing the fruits of your tuning experiments.

If you are willing, would you please share with us where you purchased your kinnor? I have intended to purchase a new pne for some time, but have been concerned about craftsmanship in some I have seen.

Again, many thanks for your remarkable tuning frequencies.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Melekim

It's one of the basic ones, I just bought it off eBay. Sounds great though, really spaces me out playing this stuff. Managed to find a decent piezo pickup and it turns out it's pretty good through an amp too.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just as an insight into how improbable but at the same time inevitable this stuff is...

If you take all the words in the OP, using the Gematria system A=6, B=12, C=18 and so on, then you get the number 144684.

Add the words in the title, 1788.

Add the two, 146472.

If you look at numbers as symbols you'll see what I mean. I checked my last thread and that did too, another highly symbolic number, 267360. And there are others.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
All this strangeness would be very worrying were I not expecting it so much... I just typed into the Gematria calculator:

"This year, what happens to (my full name) born (my date of birth, as letters not numbers), who lives in (my home town)?"

Answer: 6660

It's just been my 666th post on here as well.

The Lyre is an ancient instrument, and it was regarded as a microcosm of the macro, the person playing the strings to create a tune just as The Lord plays the person to His music. I found these frequencies within me. The musical scale has nine perfect octaves, five of them within the normal playing range, and the top of the normal range, for all I know, 582Hz, looking like a cup, could be the holy grail. Ha yeah right... Anyway, this all seems to tie to the beautiful antique brass 9-inch rule that I found a couple of years back (see my profile picture for the orb and the butterflies that appeared that day), my discovery of numbers and music, all the strange events through my childhood, and more recent stuff you'll see in earlier threads of mine, and even up to last years visions and the promise I made (again, in previous threads). I didn't get out of a pram until I was four years old. I could walk, no problem, but I can't quite remember the reason why I didn't feel I should have to. There's always been odd things going on and I always knew as a child I should try to remember these things as they would be important someday. I just hope I manage to tell my soulmate she's my soulmate before something really weird happens to me. I just need to pass my driving test and get a car and I'll not feel like so much of an idiot when I eventually do see her and tell her what this all means and who we become in our next lives. She'll probably tell me to go away, and I will, but it really feels like something I should at least say, even if I have to never see her again.

It's my 28th year and there's lots of stuff happening involving the numbers 14 and 28 at the moment, I think it's all to do with my purpose here and what I'm doing in this life (a question I've been nagging God about since I was a small child). I really think this tuning I have found is a key to Communion with God through music. Anyone who buys/makes a Kinnor and tunes the strings to those first ten frequencies will understand what I mean and thank me.

I will post a video on here of the scale and how some of the derivative scales sound, but I've been busy this week so it'll have to be the weekend.
edit on 29/8/13 by iamahumandoing because: Forgot

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

edit on 3/9/13 by iamahumandoing because: Fixing Link

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The scale in the video above is 174Hz, 192Hz, 216Hz, 264Hz, 288Hz, 348Hz, 384Hz, 432Hz, 528Hz and 576Hz. Each note produces a perfect octave when plucked with the fifth string along from it. When built out, the 1st note of the scale is 48Hz, the 111th note would be 201326952Hz

Ps. If you like interesting and beautiful numbers there are plenty more to be found in the scale, for example, the 87th note would be 7077888Hz.
edit on 3/9/13 by iamahumandoing because: More info

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

edit on 3/9/13 by iamahumandoing because: Fixing Link

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

That sounds pretty good to me. I was surprised at how "Oriental" sounding the left 4 or 5 strings sounded when you were playing a little of it, very soothing.
Thanks for posting!

edit on 3-9-2013 by evc1shop because: missed comma

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Thank you! I'm glad it's not just me that thinks it sounds good!

I get what you mean about it sounding oriental, in fact, when I looked at the western notation equivalent of the frequencies, I got pretty close to the notes DCAGFDCAGF which I later found out to be the Asian pentatonic scale...

Pretty weird but I typed into the Gematria calculator:

"Two hundred and one million three hundred and twenty six thousand nine hundred and fifty two hertz is the hundred and eleventh note of iamahumandoing's musical scale for the Kinnor."

It comes to 10530! Similarly:

"Two hundred and one million three hundred and twenty six thousand nine hundred and fifty two hertz is the hundred and eleventh note of David's scale." 8604...

"Two hundred and one million three hundred and twenty six thousand nine hundred and fifty two hertz is the hundred and eleventh note of the Heavenly scale." 9000

"Two hundred and one million three hundred and twenty six thousand nine hundred and fifty two hertz is the hundred and eleventh note of the Holy scale." 8808

I don't get why it's so easy to create a new scale from my original one using the same simple fraction for all the frequencies, I've been trying to understand music theory for a little while now, but I've never come across anything else quite like this. The only way I can explain it is that it's my gift from God, being allowed to be the one to 'discover' and publish it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I just checked out the numerics of the following from the caption I put with the first video on YouTube:

"Iamahumandoing's musical scale for the Kinnor,

A ten string Davidic Lyre tuned to a special scale. The notes are 174Hz, 192Hz, 216Hz, 264Hz, 288Hz, 348Hz, 384Hz, 432Hz, 528Hz and 576Hz. Each note produces a perfect octave when plucked with the fifth string along from it. When built out, the 1st note of the scale is 48Hz, the 111th note would be 201326952Hz...

For me the numbers say it all.

September third, two thousand and Thirteen ."

Comes out at 21300.........

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sorry, the 111th note is 201326592

Which also means some of the post above the last one is wrong, sorry about that, got a bit ahead of myself there.
edit on 4/9/13 by iamahumandoing because: Stupidity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join