It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I haven't seen squat coming out of that camp recently. Prior to Iraq, we had plenty of anti-war marches going on all over the country.

Where are they now?
edit on 27-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

Apathy has set in.. that and acclimatisation to war and more war,
I doubt the sheeple even care anymore.

Wonder what they'll think when there is a bright flash followed by a huge mushroom cloud...
perhaps then in their last moments they will wake up.

probs not though.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Where are they now?

They're waiting for the next conservative President to authorize a military action.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by olaru12

I don't know.

Will we be welcomed or treated like a cop car and get "pooped" on?

I would expect "welcomed" as mainstream America is tired of this unending 1984 style war and you would be in the streets with young mothers, accountants, bartenders, drunks, blacks, whites and vet geezers like me.

Of course expect to be vilified as "commies" and terrorist sympathizers as usually happens with any anti war protest.

It's always the MO when ordinary people express their displeasure with tptb. I know it's fun to just lump all liberals into the Obama camp but that's just stupid! Partisan ship especially on ATS seems to be the domain of the conservatives. I despise Obama and I'm as socially liberal as they come.
edit on 27-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Bush , Obama , dosen't Matter .......They Both take Orders from the SUPREME NEO CON EVILDOERS.......

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Well, if some of those rich left want to send me a few grand to take a vacation back in the states, I would be up for a protest

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Oh give me a break. Were you there? That's dog crap. Why does everything have to be black-and-white for people to wrap their pointy little heads around it? They pulled the same crap back then that they do now. The Maddox/Turner Joy lie and then the rhetoric. "If we don't stop them in Southeast Asia we'll be fighting them on Main Street". What a load of crap. We lost that war and I haven't seen any commies shooting up Main Street or anywhere else for that matter.

As long as we keep up this stupid partisan crap and let them get away with lying and scheming they're going to continue to play us like the puppets we've all become. This has got nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans. Have you listened to John McCain? They're ALL in this together. Always have been. You want this stupidity to stop (assuming we'll get another chance)? Then STOP voting for these clowns. Of either flavor. They're all criminals. They're screwing-up the entire planet.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What is the use of protesting?

This achieved NOTHING in 2003.............

Just look at the latest headlines, Russia to hit Saudi Arabia in event US hits Syria and Iran to hit Israel if US attacks Syria

China has just been hit by largest internet attack in history too www.bbc.co.uk...

ALL THE HALLMARKS OF PRE-STRIKE EVENTS.

Now, if I was a military strategist, I would take advantage of this situation and unleash everything I had on the US "Homeland" whilst they are distracted.

Then, you will see protests on a historical level
Then you might wake up and overthrow your government and all its agencies.
Then the world might have a chance at peace.

War sucks, but this isn't a war because you need 2 sides for a war. The US hitting Syria is like an SAS soldier bashing a 10-year-old girl.

Prepare yourselves, deception is the art of war.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Of course expect to be vilified as "commies" and terrorist sympathizers as usually happens with any anti war protest.

Maybe time to try a new tact and make it a anti-government protest. And I do mean across the board. No picking nor choosing who you like or dislike. We need new blood in Congress, the WH and the Supreme Court. AND laws preventing the use of lobbyists.

To borrow the words of a man I absolutely dislike. "It's time for Change."

Kick them to the curb and let them run again, but under severe financial constraint. It's time to wipe the slate clean.

These yabooheads are going to get us all killed.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

I know why.

However, the actual anti-war types are still active, Ron Paul supporters, Code Pink, antiwar.com, Winter Soldier etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Were you there?

Are you asking me, or the number two in the C.I.A. whos mouth it came out of?

If it's funded, they come out in droves, get it? This time it's not!

Funny how coincidental that is.

ETA: Yes, I was around back then too, I'm old. Aunts, uncles, parents, and grandparents often talked about the topics of the day.

Can you pick Walter Cronkite out of a lineup? It should be manditory for this discussion.

edit on 27-8-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The world seemed very different just after 2001 to what it does now.

Unfortunately, seeing the Islamists and their online preachers has destroyed my view of an innocent and peaceful people being attacked by a big Western bully.

In fact, hearing the homophobia in the expanded information age, and listening to their openly shouted colonialist designs on the UK and Europe has made me feel I'd rather campaign for big white sharks, or intestinal worms, rather than being a useful idiot for that group ever again.

Yeah sure, there's different interpretations and I don't hate the people.
However, under Western democracies they can stand up for themselves.
If the Islamists harmed their image (for example, by strapping toy suicide belts to little kids in protests) they can sort it out amongst themselves.

And then there's all the anti-Israel and pro-radical professors with some confused position that without Western interference the Muslims would all live in a liberal, democratic paradise.
The Islamists and their sympathizers are everyone's fault but Islam's.
What absolute nonsense.

Now the West is damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
It's unrealistic, but I'd say swop the Christians and gays from Egypt or Nigeria with radical Muslims from Europe, the UK and other countries where they cause bloodshed, and then build a big wall where the two civilizations never have to see or hear from each other again.
Segregation is peace.
No more churches attacked, or Christian massacres in Egypt or Nigeria, and no more mosques attacked in London, or other tit-for-tat atrocities.
No more accusations against the West, whether true of false.

Nice thought ... but it won't work.
There's already over 20 000 Islamist Somalians in our town.
Besides, what Islamic country actually wants more Muslims?
Saudi Arabia dumped Somalian refugees right back into a war zone.

Let them use somebody else to protest - I'm definitely out.
edit on 27-8-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I completely agree. There will never be peace between Ishmael's children and Isaac's children and those who follow in his steps. I'd love to wall off the Middle East, send all the Muslims back there, and drill our own friggin oil. They can go back to camels, tents, and killing each other in peace as they have for the past 3000 years.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think your last line sums it up more than your childish belittling of an obviously bi-partisan/colluded political system. What's the point?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I didn't see this thread , but I think I should call some one to see if you are not Iranian cyber-warfare.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

edit on 27-8-2013 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think they have just realised. They can protest all they want, hell every citizen could take to the streets in protest. A week from now, we will still either be bombing or planning to bomb syria. Our war like government want more blood, they will get it.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Me thinks they were more motivated by a dislike of Bush than a dislike of war.

Perhaps if we can convince them that bombing Syria is Bushes fault they'll crawl out from under their rocks?

Was the nerve gas made by a subsidiary of Halliburton?

I think you are absolutely right. Where's Code Pink when they are needed?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

edit on 27-8-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Where are they now? At home waiting for the injuries they received from the beatings the police gave them while they were practicing their rights. And some are serving time after being fingered by the undercover police that were sent in to start trouble so they could break up the protest.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Some things planned in the US...

Say NO to another US War, BEFORE the Bombs Fall!
Hands OFF Syria!
Stop War Against Syria!

Thurs. Aug 29 Emergency actions in:
NYC - Chicago - Los Angeles - other cities

ALSO: Emergency protest in New York City at Times Square, 5:00pm day of / day after bombing

Actions will take place at Federal Buildings, the offices of military contractors and other symbols of U.S. militarism.

FB event link here..
www.facebook.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join