It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It’s only considered “war” if a republican does it.

When Clinton did it it was called a “peace keeping mission” and when Obama does it its called “limited engagement”.

I’ve never heard of a “anti-limited engagement” protester.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
They are tired.

I know I am.

I've been to the protests. I know they do nothing. I try to spread the word that they do nothing, but nobody cares. No one is willing to do anything more. No one is willing to step outside of their bounds and their comfort zones to fight the good fight.

All the men of honor, morality, vindication... substance. They are all gone or they are all just waiting and hoping for a collapse that seems to be avoided cleverly each and every day.

A collapse is the best thing that could happen to this world. It would save us from the only other option, the bloodshed that would ensue to ensure our voices are heard and our freedoms remain intact.

Will it come? I used to preach about it, but now I don't know. I'm tired... and nobody else wants to wake up.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNewRevolution
They are tired.

I know I am.

I've been to the protests.

The real anti-war crowd will look the other way when Obama attacks other countries because they’re content with their gay marriage, medical marijuana, and Obamacare.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Extrinsic Motivation

Extrinsic motivation occurs when we are motivated to perform a behavior or engage in an activity in order to earn a reward or avoid a punishment.

vs.

Intrinsic Motivation

Intrinsic motivation involves engaging in a behavior because it is personally rewarding; essentially, performing an activity for its own sake rather than the desire for some external reward.

Studies suggest that Extrinsic motivation can have the greatest effect on people.

While most people would suggest that intrinsic motivation is best, it is not always possible in each and every situation. In some cases, people simply have no internal desire to engage in an activity. Excessive rewards may be problematic, but when used appropriately, extrinsic motivators can be a useful tool. For example, extrinsic motivation can be used to get people to complete a work task or school assignment in which they have no internal interest.

Source ( A nice concise source, not exactly scholarly though )

What is Syria in this context, an Intrinsic motivation. If people risk losing their way of live or having change in a substantial way, like during a major conflict, that would be an Extrinsic motivation to demonstrate.
edit on 27-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

I don't think that they are tired. I think that they are not being stirred up...intentionally.

With the exception of the MSM spin. Now these doves are hawks calling for war on another country because they supposedly used chemical weapons and yet there is no proof.

If the west doesn't back off, I call for the U.S. to at least do so. We really have no skin in this game. Let the EU carry this one and see where it gets them.

Why pick a side when both sides are bad guys?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yep they got more worked up over the ZT trial than they do about Syria.

Wow. I didn't even think of that ... but now that you say it ... yep, that's so true!

Hundreds of thousands of (D)'s came out of the woodwork against Iraq.
But now that Obama is skipping congress and dragging us into a proxy war with Russia
via Syria .. not a single word from any of them.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I don't think that they are tired. I think that they are not being stirred up...intentionally.

That is the real answer IMO…

The MSM is carrying water for Obama rather than stirring up the masses. They are behind “their guy” and will continue the smoke screen indefinitely. They never gave a crap about Iraq either…Hell, most democrats voted for it!! They only made a stink about Iraq because it was politically expedient.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
-Anti War protester here.

Bush hater here.

FORMER Obama supporter here.

-I hate to say it, but you guys are mostly correct. War protests were evidently just anti-Bush protests under the guise of "anti-war"- Not with everyone (obviously) but with the bulk it would seem.

Odd that things like the patriot act and too many Bush policies to even list were universally opposed by the Liberals- But Obama has not only endorsed these laws, but strengthened them and became one of (if not THE) most secretive cabinets in History.

-And whoever said "Obama supports medical cannabis"- he doesnt even do that. federal raids in LEGAL states are UP and Obama said he supports the current federal law over State law and continues to classify cannabis alongside Heroin and meth =/

But..But...Where are the protests? Where is the outrage-

Clearly a double standard of the worst kind and proves partisan politics is all that maters to most (not all)- Which further shows that we are, indeed, totally screwed.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Has anybody noticed how John Kerry was set up to take the heat for this decision? Obama doesn’t even have the nuts to beat the war drum himself. You won’t see Obama standing on a debris pile calling for someone’s head.

That’s how you know the man has no conviction! Even he knows this whole thing is BS!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I have to admit I was with Bush , that speech brought a tear to my eye.

Not out of blind patriotism, but of what it meant.

13 years later......................

It's 13 YEARS LATER.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

9% of Americans support some sort of Military action in Syria.

That's it.

People are tired of War. Obama isn't.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Meh, I think people are tired. It has been about 3 years of perpetual protesting here in the US and slowly and surely, as people see the results roll in, more and more people move away from it.

What is it for? Most of the same people that have been protesting would be the ones protesting the war, so yeah, I think many of them are tired: tired of doing something for nothing.

Honestly, from a rational standpoint what would protesting a war in Syria accomplish? Let's look what it did for Vietnam, for Iraq? Did it change the situation or the outcome? No. It did - NOTHING.

So why even waste your time. Your energy would be better spent elsewhere.
edit on 27-8-2013 by TheNewRevolution because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by seabag

9% of Americans support some sort of Military action in Syria.

That's it.

People are tired of War. Obama isn't.

If we went to war for the protection of our country, nobody would have a problem with it (well...most wouldn't).

Where are the calls for congress to declare war? The POTUS can't unilaterally declare war unless there is an imminent threat to the safety and security of Americans. I don't think this fits the bill.

Congress declared war in Iraq.

edit on 27-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

They all joined the OWS movement...for the moment.Stay tuned for the next cause celeb.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61

They all joined the OWS movement...for the moment.Stay tuned for the next cause celeb.

Ummmm.....

Where is the OWS movement, too?

Quitters!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Didnt stop Obama in Libya, did it?

Congress, the Constitution? Who needs that?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61

That movement was what we call in the industry...a fizzle. It didn't reach critical mass.

It garnered attention for a brief moment, but then through the OWS own actions, fizzled out because people could no longer support them.

A protest has to be either totally violent or totally peaceful in order to get it's message across. There can be no in between.

Meaning, if they are taking to the streets in DC, then they either burn the place to the ground, or they bring their signs and just sit down and clog the system up in a peaceful manner. It has to be one or the other to be effective.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I protested against Bush's war. I protested against Johnson's Vietnam and I was in the military.

I'm just to old to give a **** anymore. It's just a game for those that profit in blood and innocent lives. Protesting against that kind of evil is pointless and will only get you maced or your head beat in by the cops that represent the power elite. Do you think the neocons just evaporated? We are just pawns in their real life game of "Warcraft"

Partisinship it all you want but it's way beyond that now. Schools out now go play!!!

It's a brave new world....

edit on 27-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So...

John Kerry said the proof would be made available "in a couple days".

That was, like, yesterday.

Is it just me, or does anyone get the feeling this information will take longer to "interpret" than we'd have to stop it anyway?

Either they have it, or they don't, and why don't we get to matter... we're paying for it!

Who has the power to reign in this unaccountability... anyone?

That's the phone number I want damnit.

O's folks don't even seem to want to show up, let alone speak up.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Thats easy, you just don't bother declaring war.

The last time the UK 'declared war' as opposed to just fighting a war, was back in 1942.

They can order as many military actions as they like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join