It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the anti-war protesters now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I haven't seen squat coming out of that camp recently. Prior to Iraq, we had plenty of anti-war marches going on all over the country.

Where are they now?
edit on 27-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hmmm I dont no usually they'd be out there in there hundreds
edit on 27-8-2013 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

You're quick!

I accidentally hit the enter. I think that was my first time I've done that. Crap! A virgin no longer.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
They're at home plotting different was to blame Bush!

2nd.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I will flag the title alone.

Yes, where is the Liberal crowd on the brink of maybe war?

Where are those who were willing to demonize Bush, but haven't been as boisterous with the likes of Syria, Libya,etc?

Is it STILL Bushes fault?

Personally, this Administration is worse then the previous one. I could go on, and give you my reasons, but whats the point?

S&F

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The majority are complacent and apathetic, content to scream condemnation from behind the veil of social media thinking that they will make a tangible difference.

I fear that the occupy movement will be the last significant public demonstration.

With bills to pay, gone are the days of passionate public interest as long as the masses have food on the table and a television to drown themselves in.

Or maybe not...? But i to find myself asking the same question.
edit on 27-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Me thinks they were more motivated by a dislike of Bush than a dislike of war.

Perhaps if we can convince them that bombing Syria is Bushes fault they'll crawl out from under their rocks?

Was the nerve gas made by a subsidiary of Halliburton?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I haven't seen squat coming out of that camp recently. Prior to Iraq, we had plenty of anti-wat marches going on all over the country.

Where are they now?
edit on 27-8-2013 by TDawgRex because: ETA

What did the marches accomplish then? What are they likely to accomplish now?

The course has been set. Whether you march or not is irrelevant. Your consent isn't needed and your opinion isn't important. The worst you can do is select a different carefully groomed muppet at the next election and that wont change anything either.

edit on 27-8-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The thing is unlike many of us that research this very well... most people(the sheeps) are only getting info from MSM.

So far all they know is Assad attacked his people with chemical weapon.

Many are going to support yet another invasion because they are too ignorant.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
maybe they gave up. after all, they are, ultimately, powerless in the face of the state's wishes (see all previous anti-war fails). or perhaps they have 'gone underground' and are, as i write, plotting a global campaign of stupendous scope and impact.

i suspect it's the former and hope it's the latter.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Anti war protestors only come out when they have an R by their names.

True story.

The proof is in the *crickets* of Syria.
edit on 27-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

That's another bone of contention I have. Who says that it was Assad that authorized a chemical attack. It just doesn't make tactical nor strategic sense at all.

But the West have been particularly adamant that a chemical attack was the "red line".

I wonder how the supporters of this administration will feel when they find out that they have been supporting another so called leader who killed innocent by instigating a false flag chemical attack.

I want to see proof that Assad did such. Not peoples feelings that he did it.

This is a very dicey game that all sides are playing.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
maybe they gave up. after all, they are, ultimately, powerless in the face of the state's wishes (see all previous anti-war fails). or perhaps they have 'gone underground' and are, as i write, plotting a global campaign of stupendous scope and impact.

i suspect it's the former and hope it's the latter.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. People have just lost the will and given up. Very sad indeed but true. All hope is gone and they have won. We all knew they would though deep down inside. They have an endless supply of (stolen) money, and relentless manpower. A sad time.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

True story.

I think you have touched on a great point Neo. What is Syria to the average American or western citizen for that matter, who is barely cognizant of things happening outside of their little sphere of daily interaction.

However, when you introduce a true threat to their way of life or their status quo, all of a sudden people are up in the streets demanding a stop.

When they will no longer be able to enjoy their sitcoms or family vacations to Disney world, people will protest.

edit on 27-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

True story.

I think you have touched on a great point Neo. What is Syria to the average American or western citizen for that matter, who is barely cognizant of things happening outside of their little sphere of daily interaction.

However, when you introduce a true threat to their way of life or their status quo, all of a sudden people are up in the streets demanding a stop.

Yep they got more worked up over the ZT trial than they do about Syria.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

True story.

Americans lately only seem to care if it might affect their wallets.
I have no idea if Syria is rich with oil or not.
Me... I'm against the useless murder of innocent people and our own sons and daughters in wars without end started and continued by thuggish politicians who have no skin in the game.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yep they got more worked up over the ZT trial than they do about Syria.

More worked up over the rodeo clown than Syria.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I wonder how the supporters of this administration will feel when they find out that they have been supporting another so called leader who killed innocent by instigating a false flag chemical attack.

You dont need a chemical attack to see this leader has no problem killing innocent victims. American citizens too.

Chilling legal memo from Obama DOJ justifies assassination of US citizens

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

Americans lately only seem to care if it might affect their wallets.
I have no idea if Syria is rich with oil or not.
Me... I'm against the useless murder of innocent people and our own sons and daughters in wars without end started and continued by thuggish politicians who have no skin in the game.

It's not but because of its position and allegiances it could mess with oil despite being oil poor.

Why Syria matters to oil markets

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Can't speak for everyone, but personally, I am too broke to do any protesting this time around. Also, a whole lot of good our protests did then right..... We were brushed aside, the only real coverage any of them got was from "evil news sources" like RT and AlJazeera

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join