It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Starting Today!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm assuming the Japanese population would be too little to cause any sort of congestion.

It has always been the NA/EU servers.

I live in Toronto Canada, and the NA servers are located in Montreal.. about 500km away.. and i still fail.

I have heard that graphics were reduced a bit from version 1.0 tho.. but i still like it, it is possible they may have done it to keep PS3 last longer also, make people with casual PC play as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

yeah, but they should left in the option for ULTRA :p

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I hope they do free server transfers in the near future so I can actually play on a NA server....

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Ya I hate it when they dumb games down to market to a wider audience. Its pretty norm though now a days, its one thing I really hate about the FF games they get easier and easier with each installation. Now a days they seem to just be movies with pretty much plots and cues stuck in cement were the player just has to press a few buttons and presto they beat the game. Its practically what I did with ff 13, I dont remember anything but pressing the x button constantly for pretty much all of the games 60 plus hours and what not, in fact they had the option to turn it to autopilot I think and you just sit back and watch what happens. But you know what the funk is the point of playing video games if you dont even get to play them anymore. I hope that trend dies but its one that the FF series seems to be going towards.

One thing about this game though, they seem to have incorporated all the classic elements from the FF series chocobos and everything in tow, even some from my favorite FF game 12, or at least it seems they brought the judges or a version of them back, they even have those mechanical two legged bipedal mage tanks from FF4 in there. Also they still have some of the best enemy and monsters around in any game, by now I know them all, and yet the one that still scares me is the freaking tonberrys, in ff7 and past ones every time you ran into a tonberry you had to run like hell and come back and fight them when you were almost the max level. But they nerfed them constantly throughout each ff series, there probably weak in this game as there signature move is to kill you in one hit with there stupid little knife.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

*Step* *Step* Step* Stab!!! - Instant KO. Toneberrys are evil.

To tell you the truth, with some exceptions like FFX, some elements of FF12... ever since Square Enix bought off Squaresoft(FF9 and below), it went too mainstream.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

* World transfer service is scheduled to begin mid-September.
* Due to fluctuations in World populations, certain Worlds may not be available for transfer.

FFXIV ARR The Lodestone

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A co worker is playing the game as well! and its a girl!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Ya to dam mainstream, not even that but unnecessarily to pc and easy. I remember ff1 now that game was ridiculously hard, or maybe my memory from those days are a bit off, but you had to prepare for every single fight you were in, slowly inching your way across the map from the castle and across the woods barely even making it anywhere before you had to go back for better preparations. Were as now a days you dont even have to press more then one button and do the same thing over and over to beat the whole game.

I hate the fact that they nerfed tonberrys. I mean think about it you come across one of these guys, you would not bat an eyelash before running right up to it, taking it down with ease.

But you run up against this guy and you start having second thoughts, your palms start getting sweaty and you start thinking to yourself if its even worth it, maybe you should slowly turn around and go back the way you came. I want it to go back to the days were this guy was the most feared enemy you would ever come across. I mean just look at his evil shiny beady eyes and that nefarious cloak he wears, and that wicked looking pointy knife he carries around, even that lantern has a sinister evil aura to it. There used to be a time when you saw this guy and you knew you were in for the fight of your life. Now a days, not so much.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I tanked Ifrit. I feel like a boss.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I'm betting the story mode version
!? Good still dude! especially if you done it thru duty finder(its random server wide invitation, so many new people)...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN
reply to post by Lysergic
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Anyone of you try getting in the last 2-3 hours. I guess the addition of more servers eliminated the congestion issue. I logged out and logged in 3-4 times before i left for work this morning, no issue getting in.

How are those people trying to get into NA/EU server doing?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm having no issues getting online.

Yeah it was Story Mode version, not the raid version.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Yep, same. Having no issues logging in anymore, no matter the time of day.

Love this game man, finally an mmorpg that's actually fun to play past the initial week or so it takes for me to get bored of a game (mmorpg).

Unfortunately I can't play as much as I want to =/

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Haha wait till PvP and other contents kick in.... hoe they add Samurai *drool*

On Story Mission 44(Garuda fight)... 6 more levels of story mission until i can join my guild and farm gear for Bahamut fight!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My brother just bought this game yesterday, hes playing it on my PS3, and using my account. Been watching him play a little, and the game looks pretty cool in person, they upgraded the graphic from the old one but that's a given. As soon as he gets off which may not be for days, I will make a character and try it out.

If anything did not bother buying any new games since not only is this game but a majority of them are gonna be having different versions for the ps4 which I am saving to get when it comes out. Not sure what the difference between the ps3 version and ps4 version will be, if any. So I checked! and there are some pluses, one being the graphics will be upped to be on par with the strongest PC settings, the max rendered characters on screen will also jump to 200, and there using the new touch pad for the PS4 controllers as a touch and click feature during gameplay and over all use, plus some other small features like game capture screens and vids I think. Which should be a plus, and the touch pad should ad to the ease of control, that and any charter data can be transferred from the ps3 to the ps4 version.

Seems cool, will give it a try when i get the chance, that generally meaning when he gets the hell off.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

First i heard that! Only other final fantasy game were they had the samurai class in was FF tactics. If there going to add a PVP and more classes especially a samurai class. I'll be all over it. So far, im a LV 26 gladiator, just been running around killing things, doing quests, and only noticed like a few days ago that there is a main quest scenarios which you had to complete. So I am a bit past the Ifrit boss fight.

It sucks how they did the server thing, I only know 1 other guy who plays this game and he had to make another character, basically restarting the whole leveling up and everything process so he could join me on the game. Still couldn't figure out how the dam linkshells work, however I never put much effort into figuring it out.

I'f anybody's on the Gilgamesh server and wants to friend. My character name is Arablea Wind. I dont play that much but some days I'm on for hours on end.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join