It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fall of the Egyptian Empire

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

i got to add....theres no "level" of intelligence...only different types

Yeah like the type that allows you to be good at Engineering and the type that doesn't

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

By the ancestors of the present day Sudanese Piankhi and his descendants. .. genius...khraast!! Luxus maybe just maybe you should just leave the I.Q thingy alone..just saying!!
edit on 5-9-2013 by Spider879 because: Because of Luxus

Yeah lets not mention the Egyptian settlements in Kush, the Medjay who were payed by the Egyptians to guard their asserts but lets definitely not talk about the age of those small pyramids, instead lets pretend they predate the ones in Egypt

BTW my IQ is above average but thanks for the hint

Mentuhotep II (21st century BCE founder of the Middle Kingdom) is recorded to have undertaken campaigns against Kush in the 29th and 31st years of his reign. This is the earliest Egyptian reference to Kush; the Nubian region had gone by other names in the Old Kingdom.[5] During the New Kingdom of Egypt, Nubia (Kush) was an Egyptian colony, from the 16th century BCE governed by an Egyptian Viceroy of Kush. With the disintegration of the New Kingdom around 1070 BCE, Kush became an independent kingdom centered at Napata in modern central Sudan.[6] The Ku#es buried their monarchs along with all their courtiers in mass graves. Archaeologists refer to these practices as the "Pan-grave culture".[7]This was given its name due to the way in which the remains are buried. They would dig a pit and put stones around them in a circle.[8] Ku#es also built burial mounds and pyramids, and shared some of the same gods worshiped in Egypt, especially Ammon and Isis.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-9-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

LUXUS

Originally posted by Spider879

By the ancestors of the present day Sudanese Piankhi and his descendants. .. genius...khraast!! Luxus maybe just maybe you should just leave the I.Q thingy alone..just saying!!
edit on 5-9-2013 by Spider879 because: Because of Luxus

Yeah lets not mention the Egyptian settlements in Kush, the Medjay who were payed by the Egyptians to guard their asserts but lets definitely not talk about the age of those small pyramids, instead lets pretend they predate the ones in Egypt

BTW my IQ is above average but thanks for the hint

Mentuhotep II (21st century BCE founder of the Middle Kingdom) is recorded to have undertaken campaigns against Kush in the 29th and 31st years of his reign. This is the earliest Egyptian reference to Kush; the Nubian region had gone by other names in the Old Kingdom.[5] During the New Kingdom of Egypt, Nubia (Kush) was an Egyptian colony, from the 16th century BCE governed by an Egyptian Viceroy of Kush. With the disintegration of the New Kingdom around 1070 BCE, Kush became an independent kingdom centered at Napata in modern central Sudan.[6] The Ku#es buried their monarchs along with all their courtiers in mass graves. Archaeologists refer to these practices as the "Pan-grave culture".[7]This was given its name due to the way in which the remains are buried. They would dig a pit and put stones around them in a circle.[8] Ku#es also built burial mounds and pyramids, and shared some of the same gods worshiped in Egypt, especially Ammon and Isis.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-9-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

Ever stop to think they were not having a show off of which pyramid is bigger like insecure males with penis envy?? and about which pyramids are older no one here said any thing about Kush pyramids being older that's just your strawman.

Mentuhotep II son of the first born Nehsy

Kemsit, the queen of Mentuhotep II

Princess Ahaslit daughter of Mentuhotep II
www.abovetopsecret.com...

When Kush took over at a later date in the 25th dynasty they patterned their rule and court culture after the 11th and 12th dynasty rulers,because they felt deeply connected to them.

And that supposedly above average I.Q is not showing may I suggest a retest by a proper tester rather than mommy telling you that you are smart.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

The people of Kush emulated the Egyptians (as best they could) not because they felt a deep connection to them but because they knew it was a superior civilization to theirs, as for the size of their pyramids they are small because the skills went there to build the huge monuments seen in Egypt.

And no mummy didn't test my IQ haha....I know one thing for sure a civilization built by people with an average IQ of 70 will probably be built from mud and sticks, not stone

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by Byrd

"average IQ" so no it would not count for Plato (and others) who clearly were above average hence there status in society.

All the maps have a single source: the Richard Lynn book Race Differences in Intelligence. I have looked at the primary sources, and the way the investigation was run means there is no way that someone who isn't in a first world country could score well on any test, no matter how intelligent they are.

Let's put it another way: if you are very poor in a country that is not a first world country AND your parents are illiterate, you will do badly on "IQ tests." If your country is constantly in a war zone, you will do badly on "IQ tests." Does this mean you have an IQ of 60? No. Put in the right schools and given the right tools, you will be like the rest of us in the first world.

If your culture believes the ONLY way to success is through school, you and your classmates will do unusually well on IQ tests. Does this mean you're smarter than the rest of the world? No, but it does mean you're better attuned to global culture and that your family is directing resources to give you educational advantages.

Egyptians were literate and intelligent. The original people who lived along the Nile developed pottery, exotic glazes, beautiful works of art and were master builders. They didn't need aliens/conquerors/outside sources to do this for them.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Not correct, raven's progressive matrices which is based on pictures was used with same results.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

The people of Kush emulated the Egyptians (as best they could) not because they felt a deep connection to them but because they knew it was a superior civilization to theirs, as for the size of their pyramids they are small because the skills went there to build the huge monuments seen in Egypt.

Yeah you know what was in the minds of Kusihite royals of the 8th cen B.C..

"The living Horus : excellent Two Lands ; the Two Ladies : excellent Two Lands ; the Golden Horus : excellent Two Lands ; King of Upper and Lower Egypt : Neferkare, the son of Re, [Shabaka], beloved of Ptah-South-of-his-Wall, who lives like Re forever.

This writing was copied out anew by his Majesty in the House of his father Ptah-South-of-his-Wall, for his Majesty found it to be a work of the ancestors which was worm-eaten, so that it could not be understood from the beginning to the end. His Majesty copied it anew so that it became better than it had been before, in order that his name might endure and his monument last in the House of his father Ptah-South-of-his-Wall throughout eternity, as a work done by the son of Re [Shabaka] for his father Ptah-Tatenen, so that he might live forever."

For lurkers and others the above is in reference to the Shabaka stone based on an earlier document.please visit this link right here on ATS for more info...www.abovetopsecret.com...
I don't expect Mr Spock here to dig any deeper than wiki for a quickie..

edit on 6-9-2013 by Spider879 because: Because of Luxus

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

nope...trying to explain that nubia, is more than a generic modern term....it is difficult when people use the word nubia to describe kush...and not the theban/nekhen/abdos/naqqada tribes

oh you are just being pedantic for the sake of your rhetoric.

what if i told you that this is the pharonic view of AE

then you would have to prove it, though i have to wonder how useful it will be when you cast doubt on the current understanding of the AE.

just showing luxus how wrong he is

so you are proud to be a hypocrite? well okay..

oh my god...

now im going to show YOU how wrong you are

Menes is a greek term, written by herodotus, a greek historian.
Menes is his name for the first pharaoh.
though in the mass catalogue of Egyptian artifacts
the first pharaohs, written in more than three official kings lists, was Aha. His father was Narmer.

one of these two is Menes
the mythology of a warrior king,leans it towards Narmer.
but strictly speaking, as the first pharaoh, Menes ought to be Aha

so... you are just guessing.
if real archaeologists aren't sure, why should i take the word of an amateur? you make no convincing arguments, and are just getting upset because i doubt your guesses.
so... you didn't do anything since the information as yet is still muddled.

Narmer and Aha, as the royal line of memphis
they came from nekhen/abydos and naqqada(nubt)...as did the first two dynasty of pharaohs

so how does that prove they were "nubian"? the places you speak of were part of egypt, and none of the evidence
we have for any of the first dynastic kings says anything about them other than being egyptian. saying they are nubian, or whatever you want to call them is a guess!

now, after 6 thousands years...if you go to abydos, nekhen and naqqada
today, the population is very much kanuzi nubian...kanuzi nubian means "precious golden"
and they have been there as far back as history goes

wow? i guess? all you proved is that people lived in an area, that isn't evidence of what group people belonged to that is drawing a baseless conclusion.

proof lol

well for you....akhenaten statue!

and many other things i wont go into

LOL so you drew that conclusion from what? he looks less manly than other men? you do realize that he had children with a woman right? or do you have magical powers that told you that he didn't father them?

come on dude

the king was a god king
therefore his mother was considered divine
his right to the throne came from her divine right...

i`ll stop there

LOL so you don't know anything about the egyptian religion or godkings? i wish you would stop, you really don't know as much as you think you do. pharaoh was a god-king because he represented horus on earth, did you ever even learn about the religion? or did you just one day decide you know more than everyone who studied the topic?
pharaoh was a religious figure, a priest-king that later became a god-king.
by the way, why his mother? why not his father? or both? oh right, you made that up, if you had evidence you would be able to support your nonsense.

how can he have a better grasp than the artifact itself

dont take my luxus rebuttles out of context

because it's an artifact, it doesn't have an opinion, davies at least studies it all in context and with the rest of the history of the AE in mind. you are just guessing from an amateur education.
at least i'm not trying to gainsay an expert, here, even though i am an amateur too.

all im saying is

if your going to use the term nubian....then include the royal line
all 25 royal dynasties (except the libyan and hykosis rulers)

no you aren't, you are raging over a pet peeve you have about people not calling the kings nubians or lumping all the peoples in that area as nubians even though we do it all the time with history.
are you going to rage over the tribes in europe being called celts or norse? how about the mesoamericans?

what you don't get is that the ancient egyptians considered the guys that took over for 75 years to be just as foreign as the hykos, libyan, greeks and romans.

you are just lumping together who you want, so you can pretend your afrocentrist beliefs are valid instead of pseudo-history on the level of the white nationalist morons who think everything was invented by white people, when clearly it was spread across a range of groups.

edit on 9-9-2013 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join