It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Snipers shoot at UN chemical inspectors in Syria – UN spokesman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by justwokeup

I dont think the UN inspectors mind is made up at all. They did a good job last time when they concluded the Sarin use was probably actually the rebels (despite the same 'blame assad' rhetoric being used in advance of the inspection).

Its not in the interest of the rebels or thier backers for the UN inspectors to do thier job.

Were do we suppose the rebels got sarin? Was it sarin? What was the alleged deliver system? Anyone know? Was it a single shell or several shells delivered by artillery? A bomb dropped by air? This is important information.

This is the previous UN response to the last "evil assad uses WMD" hoo-haa back in may.

www.independent.co.uk...

This caused disappointment and somewhat derailed the pro intervention media drumbeat for a while.

As to where they got it from, could be any number of sources. They could have stolen it from Assad regime caches they overran while they had the upper hand last year or been provided it by supporters outside the country.

Given its Al Qaeda were are dealing with I don't think they would have problems martyring some civilians for the cause.
edit on 26-8-2013 by justwokeup because: terrible grammar corrected.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
web.archive.org...://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270219/U-S-planned-launch-chemical-weapon-attack-Syria-blame-Assad. html

www.dailymail.co.uk...

that was a article by the daily mail from January that was pulled ^^^

www.washingtontimes.com...

and thats from may saying it was the rebels that did it then,why would it be different now?
assad aint going to sign his own death warrant by using chemicals weapons on civilians.

edit on 26-8-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

Do you know that this article has been completely removed from the Dailymail website?
What a joke.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Assad's govt forces have been heavily shelling the exact area for last 5 days where these inspectors are supposed to go investigate.
Now shooting at the vehicles to delay their arrival further so more artillery can pound the area, evidence is being obliterated and covered in rubble. Now why would Assad be pulverizing this small area if he wants the inspectors to find evidence to support his claims?
His apologists will never admit the obvious though.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

OBL buried at sea is an example of the truth is never known...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...
republicans want the US to go to war again, i'm shocked, just shocked!!

and of course, I have to get Jon Stewarts take on it
americablog.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Snipers??? Im sure these arent sniper shot, just pot shots, if it was a sniper, consider these UN inspectors with Brass between the eyes. Another reason not to fully tell the truth about what is happening on the ground, with Chemical weapons.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Assad's govt forces have been heavily shelling the exact area for last 5 days where these inspectors are supposed to go investigate.
Now shooting at the vehicles to delay their arrival further so more artillery can pound the area, evidence is being obliterated and covered in rubble. Now why would Assad be pulverizing this small area if he wants the inspectors to find evidence to support his claims?

The obvious? That it makes zero sense for him to use chemical weapons. The us has been caught out trying to frame him before, as have the rebels. We are supposed to believe that this time it is definately him? The only people to benefitfrom him using chemical weapons on civilians are the rebels, obama and cameran. If you want to point fingers, i would suggest you start there.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
We just cant believe anything about this set up. I do not claim to understand it at all but know when I am being lied to and when another underdog is taking the wrap in a set up. I notice the words being used in the msmedia news are training people to think that things have always been this way such as Obama having to go to the UN to ask permission to get involved in Syria. These fricking slick willies.

People will be turning their heads when neighbors start being taken in hopes that they will be excluded from the insanity.

This is the first stage of a WWIII scenario right? I mean the significant event that will cause worldwide conflict of east and west.
edit on 26-8-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megatronus

The obvious? That it makes zero sense for him to use chemical weapons. The us has been caught out trying to frame him before, as have the rebels. We are supposed to believe that this time it is definately him? The only people to benefit him use chemical weapons on civilians are the rebels, obama and cameran. If you want to point fingers, i would suggest you start there.

Assad has a limited pool to draw manpower from that is shrinking by the day with defections and casualties.
The rebels have millions of refugees to indefinitely renew their ranks from as well as regional fighters.
Assad is using unconventional warfare because he knows his time is short and cannot afford to take massive casualties cleaning out rebel areas.
The fact that he is pounding the area with heavy artillery instead of sealing off the area to preserve it for inspection speaks volumes.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The obvious? That it makes zero sense for him to use chemical weapons. The us has been caught out trying to frame him before, as have the rebels. We are supposed to believe that this time it is definately him? The only people to benefit him use chemical weapons on civilians are the rebels, obama and cameran. If you want to point fingers, i would suggest you start there.

Assad has a limited pool to draw manpower from that is shrinking by the day with defections and casualties.
The rebels have millions of refugees to indefinitely renew their ranks from as well as regional fighters.
Assad is using unconventional warfare because he knows his time is short and cannot afford to take massive casualties cleaning out rebel areas.
The fact that he is pounding the area with heavy artillery instead of sealing off the area to preserve it for inspection speaks volumes.

I'm sorry, thats just flat out wrong.

The Syrian regime position has strengthened over the last 6 months, retaking strategically important territory and deepening divisions between the rebel factions.

They are winning after 3 years and 100,000 deaths on all sides. Left to run its course the likely outcome is a stalemate and a divided nation with Assad in power in a large section of the nation supported by Hezbollah.

Even McCain when he came back from his trip admitted the rebels were now outgunned and losing. He was playing for the sympathy vote but his general report in the balance of strength was accurate.

Trying to portray the regime as losing and desperate is a falsehood.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Apparently William Hague the UK Foreign Affairs Secretary said we probably wont need UN thumbs up to go in attack Syria.

In the meanwhile Russia side they're are preparing plans.

Cannot get any hotter than this I'd say.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I'm sorry, thats just flat out wrong.

The Syrian regime position has strengthened over the last 6 months, retaking strategically important territory and deepening divisions between the rebel factions.

They are winning after 3 years and 100,000 deaths on all sides. Left to run its course the likely outcome is a stalemate and a divided nation with Assad in power in a large section of the nation supported by Hezbollah.

Even McCain when he came back from his trip admitted the rebels were now outgunned and losing. He was playing for the sympathy vote but his general report in the balance of strength was accurate.

Trying to portray the regime as losing and desperate is a falsehood.

Ok, going by your own prognosis,

Left to run its course the likely outcome is a stalemate and a divided nation

That is not a win for Assad. Giving any ground to the rebels will just fuel the conflict for decades till Assad's side collapses. The use of unconventional weapons by Assad can easily be seen here to be a factor to turn the tide in his favor. Gas and shell, move on. Assad's forces take minimal casualties with such tactics, increasing the odds he will last longer.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This one is easy to answer. How do you think the UN would be able to get to the location if the Place is full of rebles?

Assad is fighting a damn war. Assad must also go good for the UN inspectoers safety. Sure Assad would clean out the Place.

That is common practice. Even the US would first make sure the Place of intrest is safe before they let investigators in.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

I dont think the UN inspectors mind is made up at all. They did a good job last time when they concluded the Sarin use was probably actually the rebels (despite the same 'blame assad' rhetoric being used in advance of the inspection).

Its not in the interest of the rebels or thier backers for the UN inspectors to do thier job.

Were do we suppose the rebels got sarin? Was it sarin? What was the alleged deliver system? Anyone know? Was it a single shell or several shells delivered by artillery? A bomb dropped by air? This is important information.

Given its Al Qaeda were are dealing with I don't think they would have problems martyring some civilians for the cause.
edit on 26-8-2013 by justwokeup because: terrible grammar corrected.

This is certainly true. I keep on about the delivery system because much could be determined from knowing this. I need this sort of information when making a decision here. The article mentioned a "bomb" being made. Sarin packed in an IED of sorts. Well if that's the case then that says it all because the regular army would have used shells or an air drop. But I still need some clarity here having been an NBC certified nco in the military and can tell you from that, that some of the info doesn't make any sense.

For example, the article says they found atropine in a tunnel used by the rebels. As if this were some sort of indication of rebel guilt. But what it really says is that the rebels had atropine because they feared a chemical attack by the Syrian army.

Also, we cant be sure that the rebel alliance would risk fracturing by gassing their own as a ruse any more that we can be sure Syria army wouldn't risk such a thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

That is not a win for Assad. Giving any ground to the rebels will just fuel the conflict for decades till Assad's side collapses. The use of unconventional weapons by Assad can easily be seen here to be a factor to turn the tide in his favor. Gas and shell, move on. Assad's forces take minimal casualties with such tactics, increasing the odds he will last longer.

Yes and maybe Assad feels his political back is covered enough by Russia and Iran to risk such a thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Are you serious? I find your comments sort of funny given your avatar. Where did you get the information that it was Assad who is hitting the chemical attack site with heavy artillery? Do you have a source to back up your claims?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow, I thought these U.N. weapons inspectors were going to have a hard time. How is it not obvious that the rebels are trying to keep them out? I hope the U.S. responds by accurately assessing the situation instead of pushing for a war without evidence.
edit on 26-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
“We’re going to take out seven countries in 5 years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran” — Wesley Clark - 4 Star General, March 2, 2007

What do you expect? They're running a little behind

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
100,000 dead and we are just now about to do something? Can you imagine a western country losing that many people without action from other countries

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Looks like Americans aren't swallowing the current narrative. I just read that only 9% favor US military intervention. I am guessing there will be another chemical "attack" with even more emotional footage. The powers that be are wondering why we aren't responding in our normal puppet manner

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join