It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Snipers shoot at UN chemical inspectors in Syria – UN spokesman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Snipers shoot at UN chemical inspectors in Syria – UN spokesman

rt.com

A UN inspection team vehicle in Syria has been shot at by snipers, a UN spokesman says. The team has currently come back to the government checkpoint to replace the damaged vehicle. There have been no reports of casualties so far.

The incident has allegedly forced the UN inspectors to suspend the investigation, a UN spokesman pointed out, as cited by AFP.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
A UN inspection team vehicle in Syria has been shot at by snipers, a UN spokesman says. The team has currently come back to the government checkpoint to replace the damaged vehicle. There have been no reports of casualties so far.

The incident has allegedly forced the UN inspectors to suspend the investigation, a UN spokesman pointed out, as cited by AFP.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yeah just heard,

Now lets blame ASSAD! Its so painfully obvious that every nation in the world knows by now they are framing him big time.

Funny yesterday in bed I was thinking this would probably happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

CIA snipers I presume. Just saying. And when do you suppose Anderson Cooper will show up with fake backdrops and an odd assortment of fabricated events?

This is all too familiar. Think they could mix it up a little.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The Question is why? Is it to give the impression Assad wants them out?
Is it because someone doesn't want the inspectors to see the crime scene?

thoughts?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Oh! What a surprise!
First off the UN team drag their heels on getting to the site, then they get shot at by snipers. How very convenient!
Meanwhile, the US/UK/France are beating the war drums louder than ever, with the US and UK now talking about unilateral action, outside of any UN mandate. They are only concerned with the safety of the Syrian people though, of course, so I doubt any airstrikes will take out civilian infrastructure (a war crime).

They want their war whatever it takes and nothing we say, or evidence of "rebel" use of chemical werapons, will sway them from that path. The policy was written years ago and they are just doing what the puppetmasters ask of them. Mass murderers, the lot of them!

Edit to add... the UN inspectors are there at the request of the Syrian government, NOT the "rebels", but can't have those inspectors finding stuff that implicates the western backed nutjobs trying to take over the country!
edit on 26-8-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wouldn't make much sense for Assad to let UN inspectors in and then start shooting at them

but it would make sense for the rebels to jump on a opportunity to draw the international community into the fight by attacking the inspectors in the hope that NATO will move in and get rid of Assad.

this whole thing is a mess.

I say we let the Syrians get on with it so long as they leave everyone else out of their problems.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Syrian drama.

(Second verse, same as the first! "I'm 'enery the 8th I am, 'enery the 8th I am, I am. . . . . ")

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
But the thing that really frightens me, because it WILL give us a very unclear future is that well...

It has never been this obvious, honestly, by now everyone can see its the USA/Israel and those few European country's who want this war. At any costs..
Going behind the UN approval is just beyond words. This is unprecedented and will have an impact on future negotiations.

So i can't help but feel there is a certain timetable they need to follow. Its like they need to rush things and are ffing up their game plan.

edit on 26-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

If it aint broke, why fix it?

USA thinks that 99% of the planet are stupid suckers and has no respect for anyone, not even their own.

link   
Ok, so now the UN team is unable to complete its inspections.. What does that mean now? They cannot provide proof to support the rebels and same with Assad. Or... The UN team will find the rebels at fault and thus derail NATO US plans to go to war with Assad, so they had to be chased out. This whole Syria conflict has smelt really bad from the beginning, no ones knows for sure whats going on or whats going to happen....

link   
reply to post by Britguy

Don't forget Russia's threat to respond with dire consequences if US, UK and France decide military engagement.

IF Russia wasn't an obstacle the US, UK and Franc and other counties will have responded now.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What with this sniper attack coming shortly after the mortar attack on their hotel, I don't think these inspectors are going to be around for much longer, one way or the other.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

CIA snipers I presume

Why?

The UN inspectors are there already and their minds are pretty much already made up, as are several nations.

The bombing and sniper attempts, if related points to someone really not wanting the UN inspector nosing round.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
web.archive.org...://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270219/U-S-planned-launch-chemical-weapon-attack-Syria-blame-Assad. html

www.dailymail.co.uk...

that was a article by the daily mail from January that was pulled ^^^

www.washingtontimes.com...

and thats from may saying it was the rebels that did it then,why would it be different now?
assad aint going to sign his own death warrant by using chemicals weapons on civilians.

edit on 26-8-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
lookslike someone try to start ww3..this is creazy

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
They will be heading back, according to RT, they are just waiting for a replacement vehicle LOL As if!
They'l stay in the Hotel and just claim they went and saw Chemical attacks.

Its also funny to note that their mission is just to see if a chemical attack took place, not to investigate who dropped the shell's... convenient much.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Its also funny to note that their mission is just to see if a chemical attack took place, not to investigate who dropped the shell's... convenient much.

Exactly.

So why try to stop them?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

CIA snipers I presume

Why?

The UN inspectors are there already and their minds are pretty much already made up, as are several nations.

The bombing and sniper attempts, if related points to someone really not wanting the UN inspector nosing round.

I dont think the UN inspectors mind is made up at all. They did a good job last time when they concluded the Sarin use was probably actually the rebels (despite the same 'blame assad' rhetoric being used in advance of the inspection).

Its not in the interest of the rebels or thier backers for the UN inspectors to do thier job.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

MMM I saw that too. But then I saw Guardian Article which claims it was made up. They had to pay up too. I wonder if those execs just had really good lawyers....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join