It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGSV The Phantom Pain predictions and theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So i'd thought i'd make this thread about something that is near and dear to me. Metal Gear Solid or more specifically it's fifth installment. So here's what we know so far...

It'll take place between peace walker and the MSX originald
it'll show Big Boss's downfall
it's missions are open world
you can drive
new cqc weapon stealing
day and night as well as weather
The themes are a lot more darker (race and revenge)

Now it's time for the theories and predictions

How does Big Boss lose his arm and get that piece of shrapnal lodged in his head?

My theory/predictlion: chico seen at the beginning of ground zeroes is shown to have something lodged in his chest. my theory is chico has a bomb in his chest much like paz. big boss gets blown up via chico and gets shrapnal and a piece of chichos bone lodged in his head.

What is the main theme of the game?

Kojima always has a main theme in these games. GENE-MGS1 MEME-MGS2 SCENE-MGS3 etc etc so my prediction for NGSVs main theme is LOSS. Big Boss lost an Arm Kaz lost MSF and much of his entire body (arm and leg) Eli/Liquid has no future and there that is lost. quiet lost the ability to speak. Therefore the main theme is loss.
Who is Ishmael?

To me Ishmael is a part of Big Boss's conscious. He represents his sanity. Which is why big boss will end up losing it later in the game. And as we can see Ishmael doesnt help out big boss when escaping the hospital.

Who may end up appearing in this game
Eva
Ocelot (confirmed)
Volgan (might be the ghost big boss is fighting while on horse back with ocelot.)
Zero/Cipher
Liquid snake (if he is Eli)
Grey Fox (would make sense)
Heuy Emerich (confirmed)
Psycho Mantis (If he is that boy wearing that gas mask)

feel free to make your own predictions and theories this thread is now open for business.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Im a big fan of MGS series, i played the Rising as well -_-; just so i got my base covered.

I really hope it has good story like it always does....

Big surprise im not sure why this game is not discussed on ATS, its full of conspiracies,, and TPTB..proxy wars..clones...cold wars...American, Russian, Chinese governments... Superhuman projects...
edit on 8/27/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by truthofnitrous

The thing is all of those theories and story plots are viable, I mean its Metal freaking Gear. Plus like in metal gear fashion you have a whole host of new bizarre and crazy characters. Like say that guy who appears to be on fire and ridding a horse/unicorn chasing snake/big boss/ Ishmael/who the hell knows? around in those videos. Now a sane man would think to himself. "WTF is that about?
The dudes on fire yet he keeps his composure pretty well, now that is highly unlikely and unusual behavior for a man who's on fire to be having, hmmm"

But for those of us who have played MGS before know that there is a sane and logical reason for everything in the MGS universe, and there is a logical explanation in every MGS game that came out so far. We have just not been informed of some of them so far. So instead, being more knowledgeable we would think "hmm a guy who rides a horse who is on fire yet never burns, plus a bunch of other quite peculiar characters...Makes complete and utter sense bro.
"

Kind of like that part in MGS2 were Vamp jumps out of a helicopter unto the sea and proceeds to run on water and up a wall like hes spiderman on roids and came from krypton. Logical and explainable no doubt. By the way! I am still waiting for that explanation, among others that is.

All I can say cant wait for this game, so totally looking forward to it, cutting everything in my life when this game comes out just to spend some quality time with it. Not that I have much going on in my life that is. But definitely shutting the door and putting up a "do not disturb" sign, I may even take a vacation from work, if I dont get fired first that is. But definitely turning off the cellphone or telling everybody from family to friends that I died or caught an serious case of the bubonic plague or something, so don't bother me. # I may even get a girlfriend, and then break up with her when the game comes out, just so I can completely focus on this game. Its going to be so totally awesome.

edit on 27-8-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by truthofnitrous

wait question it takes place between peace walker and Metal gear 1 right???

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

did you like revengence??? the story in my opinion left something to be imagined. I dont know if hideo put his full umpp into it. But I thought that game play was pretty good

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Yeah i did, finished it in 7 hours first game play, 2nd one, 3 hours.

But Revengence/Rising seemed to lack the hardcore story line the other ones had... i think MGS 1 and Snake eater had one of the best stories.

i felt some comedic relief in revengence from characters, unlike the other title.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yes humor is back.

click here

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Yep
the prologue takes place right after peace walker
the actual game takes place in 1984
so between peace walker and metal gear 1 for the msx

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the game which features an infiltration of Area 51 in which Area 51 and the surrounding area is at least near actual size and is very detailed.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

That game metal gear solid rising was cancelled and replaced with metal gear rising revengeance. Yeah i was hoping for a bit area 51 in that game.

top topics

join