It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare's architects reap windfall as Washington lobbyists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

ObamaCare has become big business for an elite network of Washington lobbyists and consultants who helped shape the law from the inside.

Dirty rotten scoundrels !

More than 30 former administration officials, lawmakers and congressional staffers who worked on the healthcare law have set up shop on K Street since 2010.

The corner of K Street, and Crooked Street.

As much as I hate to say this because it should not be happening period. We need a LAW. No congressional staffers, or aids can profit from any legislation they helped pass.

No congressman for that fact either.

They aren't done either :

Veterans of the healthcare push are now lobbying for corporate giants such as Delta Airlines, UPS, BP America and Coca-Cola, and for healthcare companies including GlaxoSmithKline, UnitedHealth Group and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.

'Whenever there's a lot money'.

“K Street's agenda follows the government's agenda. It's not typically the other way around," he said.

Government=cause.
Lobbying =effect

“After passage of major legislation, those who have networks on Capitol Hill take exceedingly lucrative jobs with the same industries subject to the legislation,” said Craig Holman, a lobbyist for Public Citizen. “It raises questions about the [bill's] integrity

Any bill has little integrity how can they ?

Congressman ring a bell ?

That’s because ObamaCare runs on a long timeline, well into the next administration. Unless the law is severely crippled, the reform's rules and requirements will be rolling out through at least 2020.

The people are getting fleeced, those fatcats on Capitol hill are getting richer, and K- street well is just as bad.

People want to get rid of lobbyists ?

People want to get rid of k-street ?

Shrink the size and power of government, the bigger more asinine laws there are the more money they make.

Simple solution.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more than any other candidate in this race to take on lobbyists — and won. They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president."

-- Barack Obama, Speech in Des Moines, IA
November 10, 2007

He has former staffers selling it.
The media selling it.

And no-one is buying.

It's a tax and a power-grab.

Just more stench coming from the steaming pile of Obamacare.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Never thought I would actually say it.

I'm starting to think we need a Revolution.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

Never thought I would actually say it.

I'm starting to think we need a Revolution.

Sad part is, we're so divided as a nation, we couldn't even get a consensus on a pizza order.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

He has former staffers selling it.
The media selling it.

You must admit, it is awfully hard to buy a product from someone you know made their first personal priority about getting a waiver of some form for themselves. Somehow, I just can't take 'em seriously when they say we'll like it if we just try it. Why didn't they belly up for their fair share? (hey...that fair share bit sounds familiar, doesn't it?)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sounds an "Obamaism" form of;

Aristocracy (Greek ἀριστοκρατία aristokratía, from ἄριστος aristos "excellent," and κράτος kratos "power") is a form of government in which power is in the hands of a small, privileged, ruling class.[1] The term derives from the Greek aristokratia, meaning "rule of the best".[2] At the time of the word's origins in Ancient Greece, it was conceived as rule by the best qualified citizens and was often contrasted favourably with monarchy, the rule of a single individual. In later times, aristocracy was usually seen as rule by a privileged group, the aristocratic class, and was contrasted with democracy.
ἄριστος

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Lobbyist, and the lobbying system is one of the many cancers eating away at america.

It allows for our reps to be bought and paid for with an elaborate system of quid pro quo.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I lived and worked in DC for a while. That is the mindset. The business is getting in on the government money. It is not seen as bad but the way it is.

Go to DC yourself some day. The beltway, NOVA, etc. do nothing. There are no businesses which create anything. No farms. No manufacturing. No nada. Just business which run off the federal dole and they compete. If they cannot compete, they create a niche and sell it as a need. They expand and the government needs more money to support more of these needs.

This is so pervasive, I am willing to bet a great deal of push behind the 'security state' is little more than a push for budget share. Get the goods on all the purse string holders and lever pullers. If they don't want to play ball, perhaps some persuasion for the 'safety of the children' is in order. It is not a whole lot more complex than that.

Obviously, this is nothing new to most of the ATS crowd, I am simply offering it to the discussion.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not if you look at occupy Wallstreet.
Some people would be content to let a group like that, lead the charge, while they all watched.
That's why they had to crush it and put the NDAA into place

new topics

top topics

join