It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian military chief warns against U.S. crossing Syria 'red line'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

english.alarab iya.net

A top Iranian military chief warned on Sunday that the U.S. will face “harsh consequences” if it intervenes in Syria over claims of chemical attacks, reported Agence France Presse citing a Fars new agency report.

“If the United States crosses this red line, there will be harsh consequences for the White House,” armed forces deputy chief of staff Massoud Jazayeri was quoted as saying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And there we have it, the warning I was waiting to hear from.

This seems like it is all just playing out in a planned event. The U.S. needs Syria anyway to able to take care of Iran. Iran knows it and is sweating bullets at the moment.

This all seems like a bad late night miniseries and the crazy plot twist just happened in the form of a " who-dunnit'" chemical attack.

english.alarab iya.net

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I was wondering if Iran would ultimately have the guts to back their agreements and principles. Nothing about their history suggests they wouldn't....it's just that no nation in 20+ years has actually stood in any meaningful way. All who've tried to stand have fallen and capitulated quickly. I've wondered for awhile if these two would be the exception.

The last ones in the world, when you think about it. When Iran and Syria are gone....aside from North Korea (who is FAR too close to Mainland China to be playing too much with) who is left of the 'old school' baddies the current leaders grew up being taught, had to go? Even second bit players like Gadaffi are gone... These two are about it for the big ones.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I swear I thought I heard Russia saying that if the US gets involved in Syria there will be war or something like that ages ago when this whole conflict started...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I swear I thought I heard Russia saying that if the US gets involved in Syria there will be war or something like that ages ago when this whole conflict started...

" Russia warned the United States on Sunday against repeating past mistakes, saying that any unilateral military action in Syria would undermine efforts for peace and have a devastating impact on the security situation in the Middle East. "

www.reuters.com...

"We once again decisively urge (the United States) not to repeat the mistakes of the past and not to allow actions that go against international law," the ministry said.

"Any unilateral military action bypassing the United Nations will ... lead to further escalation (in Syria) and will affect the already explosive situation in the Middle East in the most devastating way."

As far as that, Russia is not commenting much more on it for now... and for now is key.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
They can afford to be brave as long as Russia keeps backing Syria.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Gee..

I am not sure why they doing this, considering this kind of threat and statements will open the windows of opportunities for Israel to attack the American fleet (like they did on USS liberty) and blame it later on Iran.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

And that is Russia's red line and rightfully so IMO. We would do well to step back on this one and let the UN do its job. Wrabbit made a good point too - only 3 more countries to go and we have successfully painted the world red, white, and blue (or have gotten the primer on and paint purchased in any case).

Russia is awfully patient and careful with their comments. I get the sense the Russian government is taking the same approach one takes with positive guidance of a spoiled child. Its demeaning they even have to keep repeating the same thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

english.alarab iya.net

A top Iranian military chief warned on Sunday that the U.S. will face “harsh consequences” if it intervenes in Syria over claims of chemical attacks, reported Agence France Presse citing a Fars new agency report.

“If the United States crosses this red line, there will be harsh consequences for the White House,” armed forces deputy chief of staff Massoud Jazayeri was quoted as saying.

This guy is a wind bag! I would have thought that the harsh consequences would ultimately be for Iran.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Now with them saying this --

Syria agreed to let the United Nations inspect the site of a suspected chemical weapons attack from Monday but a U.S. official said any such offer would be "too late to be credible" and there was little doubt the government was to blame.

"At this juncture, any belated decision by the regime to grant access to the U.N. team would be considered too late to be credible, including because the evidence available has been significantly corrupted as a result of the regime's persistent shelling and other international actions over the last five days," the official said

www.reuters.com...

-------------------------

At this point, it is sounding more and more like.. "prepare for what is coming."

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
Now with them saying this --

Syria agreed to let the United Nations inspect the site of a suspected chemical weapons attack from Monday but a U.S. official said any such offer would be "too late to be credible" and there was little doubt the government was to blame.

"At this juncture, any belated decision by the regime to grant access to the U.N. team would be considered too late to be credible, including because the evidence available has been significantly corrupted as a result of the regime's persistent shelling and other international actions over the last five days," the official said

www.reuters.com...

-------------------------

At this point, it is sounding more and more like.. "prepare for what is coming."

Translation: We have our excuse and we are executing the war, ye-haaa, high fives all round.

Bullish for defence stocks and makers of body bags.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The chemical attack was perpetrated by the 'rebels' - ie the mercenaries hired by Qatar, Saudi, Israel and the US - with a strong contingent of CIA backed Al Qiada. That this is the truth is hard to deny given the evidence that is available. None of that evidence is shown on the MSM of course.

Russia apparently located the source of the launch of the (likely) sarin filled missiles using satellite data, deep inside rebel territory. News sources in the ME also released information showing that the video footage of dead bodies (killed by rebels) was uploaded the day before they claimed the attack happened.

This is purely a false flag, and now that Syria is allowing inspections, the US is saying 'Too late.' Well, if the US is really interested in finding who made the attacks, then they would investigate - this simply proves that the US govt is not at all interested in who actually did it - revealing that it is very likely they already know, and in fact organized this false flag event through the CIA and the proxies they control.

Many who are well informed in the region make the case that the rebels are being funded and armed severally by Qatar, Saudi, and the US. Qatar currently has the largest natural gas field in the world, and is the top exporter of gas. They want to build a pipeline running through Syria to Turkey.

The controllers of those interests in Qatar have animosity for Assad on many levels, and also do not wish to share profits with Syria.

The pipeline would end in Turkey, and from there be able to supply gas to the EU - Russia is very obviously opposed to such a move as it holds a monopoly on gas supplies to Europe.

Due to being an Islamic nation, Syria does not have a central bank attached to the international banking system - this is of course problem for the international interests, and is also a reason why the US is keenly interested - as well as opening a stepping stone to surround Iran on all sides.

When a nation has a central bank, this bank is used to corrupt the nations govt through bribes and so on, and take over without war - so this is not an option for Syria - and it is the same case in Iran. These kinds of banks are not allowed in these states due to the levying of interest which is prohibited by Islamic law.

So the rebels are not at all a homogeneous group - they have different funding, and different political interests - Saudi is involved in an attempt to limit the growth in influence of Qatar - and likely there will be ongoing fighting between the different rebel factions even if the Assad regime is toppled.

This is a mess of biblical proportions, and the fallout will be tremendous - never mind that Russia has little to lose by blocking the US factions by providing arms and even troops.

This is not a small matter - what happens in Syria is going to have massive geopolitical effects, possibly resulting in wider conflicts between Russia and the US.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

" Russia warned the United States on Sunday against repeating past mistakes, saying that any unilateral military action in Syria would undermine efforts for peace and have a devastating impact on the security situation in the Middle East. "
Israel has the US, the UK, and France, and maybe Australia and Canada, to form an "International Coalition" that they will claim does not make it "unilateral".
edit on 25-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I am not seeing why they think its too late other than other weapons are making it more difficult to sift through. Maybe the government did this but it seems like the media is being used to form public opinion again. If you go into a murder scene a month after it happened you can still gather evidence. If someone broke into my car and I didn't report it for 2 weeks a really good detective could probably get pretty close to nailing down a likely suspect. Its not too late unless they can spell out what it is about the scene that makes it too late. I am not taking their word for anything and generalities don't work.

It seems as if intervention has been in the making for a long time. Threats to not cross a red line, taking sides, sticking our noses in with comments at every turn. Writing letters is all good but it appears our government is going to find a way to justify an intervention in spite of this. Especially if the UN is cheering us on.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

I am not seeing why they think its too late other than other weapons are making it more difficult to sift through. Maybe the government did this but it seems like the media is being used to form public opinion again. If you go into a murder scene a month after it happened you can still gather evidence. If someone broke into my car and I didn't report it for 2 weeks a really good detective could probably get pretty close to nailing down a likely suspect. Its not too late unless they can spell out what it is about the scene that makes it too late. I am not taking their word for anything and generalities don't work.

It seems as if intervention has been in the making for a long time. Threats to not cross a red line, taking sides, sticking our noses in with comments at every turn. Writing letters is all good but it appears our government is going to find a way to justify an intervention in spite of this. Especially if the UN is cheering us on.

They have been trying to shape public opinion for intervention here for months.

The reason they don't want to investigate further is that the UN inspectors would do a creditable job and disrupt the narrative with unwelcome facts. Just like they did with the last 'Assad uses mustard gas' episode when that was investigated.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yup, this is not about protecting children and/or removing a crazy dictator hell bent on killing his people as we are lead to believe, they are flat out lies to gain popular support for the illegal removal of a sovereign government, see Libya see Iraq see Afghanistan etcetcetc
en.wikipedia.org...
www.globalresearch.ca...
edit on 25-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If US goes to Syria, Iran will have no choice but to help Syria. They have an agreement. With Iranian forces in Syria, Israel will have an opportunity to attack Iran since 2013 was the red line for Israel. With 5 nations fighting on their border, Turkey will have no choice and will get involved. In the matter of months, most of the EU countries and US (NATO) and Iran, Turkey, Syria and Israel will be at war.

I think that Iran is just trying to warn US. No one will win.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Gee..

I am not sure why they doing this, considering this kind of threat and statements will open the windows of opportunities for Israel to attack the American fleet (like they did on USS liberty) and blame it later on Iran.

OMG, I can't take anything in the thread seriously after such an absurd hilarious statement. What a joke... Have not laughed so hard in a long time, lol. What were we trying to seriously discuss lol.

Oh yes Iran. They want to keep the focus on Syria, Egypt, anywhere but on them. They even put a moderate puppet in power to try and stave off the Arab spring from spreading into their country. Arab young people are tired of being told how they should think, what they should wear, of having every aspect of their lives controlled in the name of religion.

They are standing up and demanding freedom and liberty, and demanding their right to govern themselves. I stand with them. It is only a matter of time before the people stand up in Iran as well. Let's just hope it happens sooner rather than later.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

It was before 100.000+ people died. Russia and China had to back up Assad because they have contracts ($$$) with Syria. They already lost billions in Middle East in the last few years. But in the last few weeks they started to accept the fact that they will lose billions in Syria too.
edit on 25-8-2013 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The USA has no business in Syria. There is nothing to be gained from ANY involvement in the Middle East any longer. Nothing coming out of there but broken soldiers and a whole lot of permanent hate against the USA.

Stupid freaking Americans keep letting our Government just do whatever the F they want to do. Makes me ill.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join