It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seven Planes of Existence for Out of Body Souls According to Frederick Myers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Frederick Myers was a professor of Classics at Cambridge University over a century ago. In 1882 he founded the first Society for Psychical Research. He was greatly into automatic writing and communications with the spirit world through mediums and clairvoyants. Myers collected contacts with the dead from around the world and compared it, finding similar themes even though the contacts came from different cultures/peoples, etc.

Interesting thoughts from Frederick Myers on the planes of existence for out of body souls.
(I am not advocating them ... I'm just posting this for those who are interested )

First plane - the Earth plane. Far denser than the astral planes. Lower vibrations. Out of body souls on this plane are those you would think of as ghosts or hauntings. Those attached to physical cravings like sex and drugs or even intense attachments to certain people stay on this plane. Those who can't accept that they have died so they wander the Earth or stay attached to where it is familiar from life. Some know they have died but fear moving on because of the 'bad life' they have lead and they fear Hell. So they stay on Earth.

Second plane - the Astral plane. Two main levels. The lower astral plane is dark and eerie. Buddhists call it 'Bardo'. Catholics call it 'Purgatory'. Edgar Cayce called it 'the Plane of Darkness'. Souls here are cut off from love and hope. They go through a period of intense reflection. Many are there because they didn't believe anything would follow death so they were greeted with 'nothing' that reflects what they expected. The upper level of the Astral plane is lighter and more of a halfway station between Earth and the spirit world. It's a traveling plane.

Third plane - Plane of Illusion - very similar to Earth. Beautiful and peaceful Earth like setting. People live in houses and 'work'. Eat, drink, and carry on in an idealized version of Earth. No sickness. Every pleasure the heart desires is crested by the mind and satisfied. Want cake? Poof ... your mind makes a cake appear.... that kind of thing. The majority of souls here have manifested their environment on this level to mirror their religious beliefs on Earth. Sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. Example - a Catholic expects to see golden gates and St. Peter open them .. then that manifests at this level. A muslim man expects to be greeted by a bunch of virgin women serving him grapes on a golden platter ... then that manifests at this level. A Baptist might expect to have a city filled with only Baptists ... so that's what he finds there. This sounds great but it really is stagnant. The soul must either return to earth to learn and grow, or it has to learn to move on to the fourth plane and grow.

Fourth plane - World of Idealized Form. All desires for Earthly contact disappear. The soul explores beyond the confines of the earthly plane. Expands thoughts and knowledge. Not held down by wants of sex or chocolate cake or "Baptist only' cloud cities ... or whatever else that was considered 'heavenly' in the third plane. Reincarnation is no longer necessary. The soul is free of dogmas and rigid intellectual structures. Freedom to access energies not available in the planes lower than this. This is the plane that the soul is finding true freedom on.

Fifth plane - Plane of Flame. The soul takes on the body of a flame. (or something like a flame). It can travel the universe (universes) without any physical or spiritual harm. It can grow in understanding and while it still retains it's individuality, it becomes part of a 'group soul'. My own thought on group soul ... spirits who vibrate at the same level and/or who are at the same level of understanding of the universe, etc will naturally be drawn together.

Sixth Plane - Plane of Light. Evolved souls. Souls here have lived through all aspects of the created universe and have completed their growth process. They have no need for matter or form and exist purely as 'white light'. Emotion is absent. They are so in line with the creator that they become the pure thought of the creator. (this actually matches up to what some of the Catholic saints have said ... about souls in heaven becoming so instep with God that they almost disappear and that they are joined to God. The Catholic church doesn't talk about all these planes, but some of what is being said is similar to St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila, etc)

Seventh Plane - Plane of the Spirit Realm - The domain of God (or the Creator). The soul here looses form and becomes One with God.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Interesting read.

I can see the different planes manifested in human form, as some people are so afraid of death, some all they care about is sex and chocolate cakes, and some all they wish is to be free, and some are actually free from everything including themselves and their ideas about themselves, totally united with all there is.

I feel like my spirit is wandering the fourth plane for a long time, but i'm definitely into experiencing higher states of consciousness. Just don't know how exactly yet.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The most famous yantra in India - the Sri Yantra - has been proved mathematically to be a representation of the seven cosmic planes of consciousness:
smphillips.8m.com...
To understand this, study the research linked to in the section "Maps of reality" shown in the navigation menu on the home page:
smphillips.8m.com...

This website has discovered the amazing fact that the sacred geometries of various religions are isomorphic to one another, being equivalent maps of physical and superphysical reality. Remarkably, they have been found to encode the group theory underlying the physics of superstrings.
"As above, so below."

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye
I feel like my spirit is wandering the fourth plane for a long time, ....

I wouldn't mind the fourth plane ... get off the reincarnation thing ... but I admit that a brief vacation on the third plane for a BIG cup of coffee and a BIG slice of chocolate cake does sound good to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I used to believe there were "levels" of existence.

But now, it is clear to me that this is not so in an objective sense. Applying "levels" to existence is like looking at a picture of enormous resolution... a million by million pixel photograph, and then reducing that resolution to 3x3, and saying: "Look! The picture is divided into 9 parts! Oh how much understanding we have of this picture now, now that we can distinctly see its parts!"

The mortal capacity only for limited, low resolution imaging of reality is what is expressed by talk of "levels". Most people simply would not be able to process a larger, more highly refined image of reality. Some can get a 4x4 image, or even a 5x5, and see that the situation is not so simple and not as clearly delineated as is commonly believed.

But who in their right minds would consider such a low resolution image truly representative of the greater image? Where in fact there is no ultimate resolution, because the "image" that is reality and beyond is of infinite magnitude in both directions; infinitely large, and infinitely small. It is only bounded by the limited understanding of the mortal mind that is where it is for a purpose other than comprehending the greater structure of the "all that is" (a misnomer when examined carefully, but its as good a phrase as any to try and put into words that which is ineffable).

Existence is a continuum; it is fractal-esque. There is no smallest portion, nor any largest. There is no direction, nor objective metric that can be used to gauge absolute attributes; only subjective perceptions.

That is what the idea of 7 planes is; a function of subjective perception, a perception that is shared by many, but very limited in its depth, as all finite structures are when compared to the infinity that is.

edit on 8/24/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If every plane from 3 onwards is much better than this 1st plane; why have spirits been stupid and insane enough to 'willingly' remove themselves from those better places to this hell-hole of a material world ?

It just doesn't make sense, unless there is no such thing as choice.

So are there population limits with the other planes as well where many spirits are forced to leave and enter the 3rd dimension or 1st Plane ?
edit on 24-8-2013 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Shuye
I feel like my spirit is wandering the fourth plane for a long time, ....

I wouldn't mind the fourth plane ... get off the reincarnation thing ... but I admit that a brief vacation on the third plane for a BIG cup of coffee and a BIG slice of chocolate cake does sound good to me.

You are the dreamer of your dream. You are the absolute sovereign of your eternal being. No one can tell your spirit to go anywhere, nor compel it to do so.

Do you really want to stop incarnating? Do you really feel the ennui of earthly existence in your heart and soul?

When you die then, decide not to come back. No one can or will decide for you.

The choice is yours and yours alone, with no right nor wrong decision to be made.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
WOW !

That is almost the same 7 levels that are listed in the texts
of "The Ra material" !!

See the 2nd line of my signature !

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

oh I hope you are correct. From what I am reading though ... people get 'to the other side' and see that they still have lessons to learn and so they want to come back and reincarnate, so they can learn those lessons and evolve spiritually. I can't imagine that .... but that's what I've been reading ....

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
If every plane from 3 onwards is much better than this 1st plane; why have spirits been stupid and insane enough to 'willingly' remove themselves from those better places to this hell-hole of a material world ?

Seriously. I hear ya'. But like I said in the previous post ... from what i'm reading it looks like souls get to the other side and that, for most souls, the only way to advance is to come back and learn other lessons so they can move on in the spirit world. personally, I want no part of coming back .. EVER. But supposedly once I get to the other side I'll see what I'm lacking and how I need 'yet another lifetime' to work through whatever short comings I have.

I really hope that's not the case. But the reading indicates that it could be. YUK.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by CaticusMaximus

oh I hope you are correct. From what I am reading though ... people get 'to the other side' and see that they still have lessons to learn and so they want to come back and reincarnate, so they can learn those lessons and evolve spiritually. I can't imagine that .... but that's what I've been reading ....

Those "lessons", or experiences, are what they wanted to experience before they incarnated. Certainly if you find out all of a sudden what you had PLANNED to do but forgot, and if it still interests you, of course youll feel the desire to return.

But of NDEs... how many have them, and decide: "Nah, # it. Im done here. The past is the past, and Im ready for something new"? For all we know... it could actually be the vast majority of NDErs who choose that path, and we would never know.

Also, "evolution" implies an objective directionality. Do not worry over if you going the "right" way or not, there is no up or down with infinity, thus no floor nor ceiling. You are where you are, but dont worry about getting to a final destination, because there are no ends in eternity; no final destinations, no absolute permanence, save for the constant that it is your primordial nature to exist, and you cannot not exist. In fact, there isnt even such a thing as nonexistence, or if there is, you and I could never possibly know. Indeed, if something did not exist... how could one even form the concept that it might have?

"I am" is who you really are. The implication of "I am" without placing a noun afterwards means definition does not apply; it means you are unlimited and without boundaries. That is your natural state of being; not a thing, or an object, or something tangible you can touch. You are no thing, but you still exist. You still witness. You still observe, and experience, and change the motion of reality with your will.

In fact you are the very essence of existence itself. Beyond time, beyond space; beyond all mortal conceptualization, you are there... no where and everywhere; no thing, and all things.

What you are at your core is eternal and unchanging. If you want to experience "evolving" the shells around that core, feel free to. But you do not HAVE to. That idea, that you MUST evolve or X and Y but not Z or Q will happen comes from the paradigm that you have little to no control over your being, and external forces are guiding you while you are powerless to overcome, ex: some nebulous, absent god is "testing" people to see which ones, inevitably "he", will want to keep, and which ones he will want to throw away.

The whole idea of evolving spiritually is about delving into this fractal-esque branch of reality that we are in, all the way to its terminus... but with the understanding that there are no ends to reality, and thus no final destination to actually arrive at at all... all points are in fact equal to one another, since there is no place to actually "end up".

"Evolution" is, objectively, meaningless.

I suggest just doing what brings you the most joy; the most real joy that you can feel in your soul. You might call that love... real love, not the watered down modern version of "love", which has lost its true meaning. Whatever that path may be that you have chosen to walk down, when you feel that passion ignited, youll know you are on that path you chose.

Everything off that path is ancillary.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
WOW !

That is almost the same 7 levels that are listed in the texts
of "The Ra material" !!

See the 2nd line of my signature !

Blue skies.

I have been reading this book in my spare time, which isn't much. But, I like the teaching of RA. I have seen so many of what other "religions/beliefs" explained in it. It makes sense to me.

I still have about 75 pages left to read. Can't wait to see what else I discover there.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

It just doesn't make sense, unless there is no such thing as choice.

They didn't know. It just happened. There are people with so much momentum of negative thought, that they just become more and more negative, not knowing that all of these negative thoughts are just adding more to the negativity.

When everything is perfect, people seek adventure and challenge (negativity to overcome).

Maybe it is the same for spirits...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

First plane - the Earth plane. Far denser than the astral planes. Lower vibrations. Out of body souls on this plane are those you would think of as ghosts or hauntings. Those attached to physical cravings like sex and drugs or even intense attachments to certain people stay on this plane. Those who can't accept that they have died so they wander the Earth or stay attached to where it is familiar from life. Some know they have died but fear moving on because of the 'bad life' they have lead and they fear Hell. So they stay on Earth.

I experienced this plane while doing a painting last year

And a little while after I was attacked by a creature from this plane who made my nose bleed, pass out, and then tried to overtake my body.

It was very much like here, only a lot of smoldering and charred earth and woods as well as peaceful quiet places, but with a serious edge of anxiety. Almost like it is stuck in the quiet before the storm.

It has spirits roaming around it in many forms, from humans who need to pass on messages and assist for whatever reason, to some sort of demon like dogs that run around like wolf packs. (that is what attacked me)
To much larger beasts as the one the painting, who told me it had something to do with schizophrenia and murder.

So that is about as close of an eye witness account as I can give for this plane of existence.
It is a real place.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Interesting, I have seen the 5th plane, on out of body experiences, I have seen the six plane during another out of body experience, and while visiting the six plane the seventh plane was explained to me.

The last one happen over 10 years ago, the others once in a while.

Thanks Flyers of making what I have experience in my live since my childhood years something that is not to be relegated to just dreams and mental wishes.

This things are real, sometimes they match others people experiences and that means is real at least to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

WOW!

I've haven't heard you talk about the experiences you had on that plane! Well... except for the nosebleed, and the things that happened after you "woke up". Amazing!

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Good description of the Planes of existence. I did a similar description in a post I made yesterday here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Four Planes that I discussed are pretty much the same as your 7 Planes. It's just that the planes I talked about are the main areas that split up into their own sub-planes as well. Remember that these Planes are only part of the "Material Universe" or Cosmic Physical. Beyond that, we go into the "Spiritual Universe (Heaven)" or Cosmic Astral, which have their own Planes of existence. There are many, many other levels as we make our way back to the Godhead, and we change into more glorified bodies as we go.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It is all part of the puzzle I am putting together Sled.
I don't believe things until I experience them for myself.
(looks over at wall that noise just came from)

When I did the painting, I was caught between this world and that one.
Kind of in both places at once, I knew it was another realm, just wasn't sure what.
Then when I got attacked and passed out, the dream I was in was running with these beings and being told I was one of them, and then I came to with the experience you know about from your thread with the pentagrams spilling out on the floor and my brain scrambling. I was sucked into that realm while whatever the demon dog thing was tried to take over my body.

I think that is why I saw what I did when I came to.
At one point we were both in my body, and I was seeing through it's eyes as it was seeing through mine.

At least that is the conclusion I have come to.
It definitely came from the lower astral.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Hello FF.

I've never heard of Frederick Myers before, but his explanation is very similar to the roadmap of my own travels.

I have written:

Normal human perceptionary experience is the first.

Beyond this is the realm of ghosts, spirits, dæmons, dreams, and magic.

Beyond this is the deep abyss.

Beyond the abyss is the realm of The Gods and Heavenly Paradise.

Beyond The Gods, transcending all, and from which all emanates, IS ALL-ONE."

May Peace be upon you.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Seriously. I hear ya'. But like I said in the previous post ... from what i'm reading it looks like souls get to the other side and that, for most souls, the only way to advance is to come back and learn other lessons so they can move on in the spirit world. personally, I want no part of coming back .. EVER. But supposedly once I get to the other side I'll see what I'm lacking and how I need 'yet another lifetime' to work through whatever short comings I have.

I really hope that's not the case. But the reading indicates that it could be. YUK.

I've always had this weird feeling that my 12-year-old daughter is the reincarnation of my grandfather, who died about 33 years ago. Don't ask me why I think that - it's just a feeling. If true, it may be that he was not only coming back for his own soul development, but also to help me with mine. Could it be that there are souls who are connected somehow, and come back time and time again, experiencing new forms of relationships? Who knows...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join